• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

It's the sexual tension

FCK-Rosenborg_i_Par_576531g.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
The thing that people always overlook with Moyes during his time at Everton was that first and foremost he set them up to be hard to beat. Defense always took priority over attacking play and his striker would always be left isolated or running the channels. He's a manager who sets up to counter whatever the oppositions strengths are rather than the other way around and it's one of the reasons (along with his poor substitutions) why so many Everton fans nicknamed him Dithering Dave.

His approach is pretty much the opposite of what Ferguson used to do yet it would always be attributed to Everton having no money and ''making the best of what he has''. Truth is a negative manager and you can prove this further by looking at how much he has changed the training at Carrington. He's perfect in the under dog role, not so much in a team that is built on attacking.

This is a fair point, but it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would stay the same when given a team with more attacking prowess. It's proven to be the case, but I don't think everyone would have said so.

jtb

Banned
This is a fair point, but it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would stay the same when given a team with more attacking prowess. It's proven to be the case, but I don't think everyone would have said so.

anyways, being a reactive manager isn't necessarily a problem if the tactics work. Mourinho's the most reactive manager around, but he gets results. Moyes got results at Everton, he hasn't gotten results at United. it was always going to be difficult to extrapolate from his time at Everton, just because the situations were so different, but hindsight is 20/20.

Elchele

awwwwww pep

[IMfG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/10a85434b3d215fd8afcaba8edd86f8b/tumblr_n2n8uiLj9s1s7y3txo1_250.gif[/IMG] [IMfG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/e4d59e7093b5378fec06fd5a08655aca/tumblr_n2n8uiLj9s1s7y3txo2_250.gif[/IMG]

It's Tom Starkes BDay

I forgot about his existence

Kenka

RIP
Were Hoogland and Obasi bring back to life by Keller or what? it would be like Dortmund playing Owomoyela on CL.

Also, Ayhan (19yo) starting as DM. He played the second half vs Augsburg, has potential.
Huh, were is Goretzka ? My prediction doesn't hold water anymore.

i just leave this here

tumblr_n2eyic4Yr11s2orc1o1_500.jpg
Me too.

Why go the fake route, Scarlett ? You are beautiful as you are now.

jtb

Banned
Did he though?

Not winning away against any of the top four teams is an absolutely horrendous statistic.

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger had a similarly horrible record in the past 10 years and he doesn't believe in reactive football or tactics. Moyes led them to solid league finishes on a regular basis. there were holes in his resume, but that's to be expected with any manager moving to a bigger club. It's always a gamble, now we know this particular one didn't pay off.

ShogunX

It's true that it wasn't a forgone conclusion Moyes wouldn't change his philosophy but when you think about the fact that Moyes had been using the methods for 10 years at Everton and brought his own staff with him it should of been obvious. If Moyes wanted to change his methods surely the likes of Muelensteen would of stayed. Instead he left over Moyes' more hand on approach.

Wilbur

Banned
God, I would happily let Scarlett Johansson fart in my mouth. She's stunning.

What exactly is Zidane's job at Madrid? Clement is assistant coach am I right? So is Zidane a coach? Being prepped for the job when Carlo goes?

Into

There we go, match is almost over, Chelsea will control the game now, Gala might have 2 mediocre chances that they will ofcourse bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom