• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I propose we call Blablurn "Blaszczykowksi" each time he makes a cuntish move.

http://static1.7sur7.be/static/photo/2012/2/15/2/20120614104831/media_xll_4903427.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I swear, if you're not playing a team with the Best XI of La Liga in FUT, it's one of the Bundesliga and every team with that lineup has Kuba in it. He must be one of the most commonly used players in FUT.

Hot damn. As impressive as Verhoeven.

Anders Jochumsen

fEGEVcz.jpg

52XDI1s.jpg

FkncsL8.jpg

Elchele

I don't see a point for Ramos at all. Let's say we sign someone young. It could be a huge talent like Lukaku, who needs to start most matches. That transfer fee + Ramos' is probably way too much, so not happening. Or it could be a cheaper talent that needs another year or two like Batshuayi, which would mean that Ramos is striker number one. But then, I don't get why we wouldn't just stick with Ducksch.

You already did. Ji (22)

faridmon

Brendan Rodgers promoted Swansea and got a job at Liverpool after keeping them up.

David Moyes finished fourth once, fifth a few times, sixth a few times. Fourth and fifth is not mid-table.

The appointment lacked adventure, but I don't think anyone thought it would go this poorly because he did do good work at Everton and I genuinely think you're fucking odd for thinking otherwise. You can bleat on all you like about Martinez changing shit for the better but it's his first season, you're in roughly the same place you were last year so until he actually starts showing real improvement on the pitch then I think you're talking fucking shite.

Doesn't change the fact that He never won a trophy. Always chocked against bigger opposition and never handled pressure as big as anything he have at United. Like I said, ''doing a great job is such a vague term''. Yes, finishing 4th, 5th, 6th, 10, sounds like a good job for a club like us who have been battling with relegation for so long before he came but, is that what you are looking for? ''Good job'' for us lot, which was severely overrated by the media and you, is not the same ''Good Job'' you are looking for as a manager who happen to succeed one of the best managers in the country with a club as successful as Man United.
Such a bloody myopic vision you have for anything!

And Stop having bloody complexes about Martinez since I haven't even mentioned anywhere near my posts.

Elchele

Blablurn, can you please stop harassing the EPL gaffers ?

don't stop :)

Also, I believe Shlacke might get a point in Madrid. Neither side is fully focused on the game tonight.

doubt it, Augsburg dominated most of the match vs Schalke on the weekend. If they can't handle a match against Augsburg squad, they can't handle a match against RM bench.

Kenka

The fat bastard completely killed Copenhagen a few years back in champions league qualification.

Roland Nilsson pls

:(
Do you just mention Roland Nilsson ? What's wrong with you, Wooden.
I am not missing the YoL. Worst marketing filler in the history of Nintendo.
Anders Jochumsen

fEGEVcz.jpg

52XDI1s.jpg

FkncsL8.jpg
Is this guy for real ? How can he move this much mass at a high speed and not end with joint problems ?
Probably a decent penalty taker. Mølby earned his living that way.
Mölby, Brolin and Magnusson. The trium vira of fat Scans that earned money thanks to the ground they walked on.

Elchele

My Bla <3 Hyppiä is a fraud, and I wonder why the Neverkusen board thought he would be better than Lewandowski. I guess the guilt is shared.

They haven't renewed Hyypia's contract right? Maybe there's still some hope in Neverkusen. Hyypia out and Lewa in.

Ji can't even start for Augsburg.

I think he doesn't start because he's a loaned player and they know he's going to Dortmund. Time for Klopp to work a miracle

Do you just mention Roland Nilsson ? What's wrong with you, Wooden.

I am not missing the YoL. Worst marketing filler in the history of Nintendo.

Is this guy for real ? How can he move this much mass at a high speed and not end with joint problems ?

He was for real yeah, now he's a youth coach at Brøndby. It was quite something when the news hit of him getting swine influenza a few years back.

Wilbur

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that He never won a trophy. Always chocked against bigger opposition and never handled pressure as big as anything he have at United. Like I said, ''doing a great job is such a vague term''. Yes, finishing 4th, 5th, 6th, 10, sounds like a good job for a club like us who have been battling with relegation for so long before he came but, is that what you are looking for? ''Good job'' for us lot, which was severely overrated by the media and you, is not the same ''Good Job'' you are looking for as a manager who happen to succeed one of the best managers in the country with a club as successful as Man United.
Such a bloody myopic vision you have for anything!

And Stop having bloody complexes about Martinez since I haven't even mentioned anywhere near my posts.

I'll always feel it was worth giving him the chance. He did more than a good job for Everton. And it was worth hiring a young manager who has done good job elsewhere, because if every fucking club only looks to other superclub's managers to employ then there's a million good coaches not getting shots at the top.

I'm done talking about it to be honest, I think you're wrong and you think I'm wrong. I think if anyone's being myopic it's you, considering that you don't think good work at a smaller club should lead to work at a bigger club no matter how it actually turns out.

Kenka

doubt it, Augsburg dominated most of the match vs Schalke on the weekend. If they can't handle a match against Augsburg squad, they can't handle a match against RM bench.
Well, Augsburg currently have more German internationals and Dutch internationals than Schalke, so it only makes sense that they are better.
They haven't renewed Hyypia's contract right? Maybe there's still some hope in Neverkusen. Hyypia out and Lewa in.
I hope the board takes the best decision. The worst thing for the Bundeliga would be for Leverkusen to follow Stuttgart/Werder/Hamburg examples and hit rock bottom due to average management.

Elchele

Schalke starting line up vs Real Madrid: Fährmann, Hoogland, Howedes, Matip, Kolasinac, Ayhan, Neustadter, Obasi, Meyer, Draxler, Huntelaar.

RIP
Were Hoogland and Obasi bring back to life by Keller or what? it would be like Dortmund playing Owomoyela on CL.

Also, Ayhan (19yo) starting as DM. He played the second half vs Augsburg, has potential.

Yen

The skin is nice but after that it's very dry, and overpriced for what it is. You're better off with a half chicken; cheaper, more flavour, more meat.
Too late. Big slap on my back, turn round and it's my dad (coincidence) who was also getting a butterfly.

Wilbur

Banned
Too late. Big slap on my back, turn round and it's my dad (coincidence) who was also getting a butterfly.

Well it's decent enough, but it's too expensive for what it is.

Apparently in Ireland a whole chicken is fucking ludicrously expensive, dunno if its the same in N.Ireland but what costs 12 quid here is like 45 euros there.

wait no im very wrong

ignore me

fuck life

Meier

Arsenal U-19's are playing Barca in the UEFA youth cup quarter finals.

Gnarby tied it up at 1-1.

Barca go up 2-1.

Arsenal keeper takes out a Barca player, gets sent off, Barca miss penalty.

AKPOMMMMMM.

2-2

Treble is still on.
I see that Barca got two shortly thereafter. That Adama Traore kid seems like he'll be a really good player for them -- already played for the senior team a few times and a regular for Barca B. I see he decided to play for Mali rather than Spain recently. Good for him.

Feorax

They shouldn't have.

I agree.

I mean, it's hardly offensive, but at the same time, it comes across as using a terrible situation for what essentially boils down to social media promotion.

To be honest, our official twitter account has form for stupid posts. The "Munich Playlist" last year was a particular low point.

Elchele

In Manchester, Kreis has spent most of his time watching City&#8217;s youth players. He said M.L.S. and Manchester City had an agreement that would enable him to acquire up to four players on loan from City&#8217;s under-21 academy team.

we all knew Guidetti would end up being a MLS legend.

Didn't participate in the final training session so chances are rather slim.

:((((((((

but I need fantasy points

ShogunX

Brendan Rodgers promoted Swansea and got a job at Liverpool after keeping them up.

David Moyes finished fourth once, fifth a few times, sixth a few times. Fourth and fifth is not mid-table.

The appointment lacked adventure, but I don't think anyone thought it would go this poorly because he did do good work at Everton and I genuinely think you're fucking odd for thinking otherwise. You can bleat on all you like about Martinez changing shit for the better but it's his first season, you're in roughly the same place you were last year so until he actually starts showing real improvement on the pitch then I think you're talking fucking shite.

The thing that people always overlook with Moyes during his time at Everton was that first and foremost he set them up to be hard to beat. Defense always took priority over attacking play and his striker would always be left isolated or running the channels. He's a manager who sets up to counter whatever the oppositions strengths are rather than the other way around and it's one of the reasons (along with his poor substitutions) why so many Everton fans nicknamed him Dithering Dave.

His approach is pretty much the opposite of what Ferguson used to do yet it would always be attributed to Everton having no money and ''making the best of what he has''. Truth is a negative manager and you can prove this further by looking at how much he has changed the training at Carrington. He's perfect in the under dog role, not so much in a team that is built on attacking.

Meier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom