• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anelka
Anichebe

Graham
Fletcher
Altidore
Borini

What could go wrong?

There are just 3 reasons Moyes is still there:

1) The season is essentially over for them, managers may become available in summer
2) There is nobody suitable available right now
3) They went on about patience so much, the board feel they have to be patient just to save face, even though they're probably thinking about replacements this very moment

When is the Infamous review embargo up? Expecting 8s.

Salvadora

BjBtvIvCIAAbyb8.jpg
Refutes the argument that he needs more time.

United transformed into Everton in less than one calendar year.

Hixx

Anelka
Anichebe

Graham
Fletcher
Altidore
Borini

What could go wrong?

There are just 3 reasons Moyes is still there:

1) The season is essentially over for them, managers may become available in summer
2) There is nobody suitable available right now
3) They went on about patience so much, the board feel they have to be patient just to save face, even though they're probably thinking about replacements this very moment

When is the Infamous review embargo up? Expecting 8s.

Pls we do not have Danny Graham at the club currently.

Wilbur

Banned
dont you guys have anything better to talk about

im fed up of hearing about this cunt

talk about football

we dont play football

Words can not describe how much I love Drogba, I really hope we win 2-1/3-1 or something so he can score but it not mean anything. Hope he comes back in some role next year!

Into

Nice Drogba reception

Wonder if he will keep back his scumbaggery diving back, since he is playing his darling Chelski club, or will he do anything to win, regardless of what fans want?

Watch Chelsea score 1-2 goals immediately and kill the game, adn that Schalke vs Mandrill game is not even up to consideration to watch.

wedward

Arsenal U-19's are playing Barca in the UEFA youth cup quarter finals.

Gnarby tied it up at 1-1.

Barca go up 2-1.

Arsenal keeper takes out a Barca player, gets sent off, Barca miss penalty.

AKPOMMMMMM.

2-2

Treble is still on.

Kenka

Blablurn, can you please stop harassing the EPL gaffers ?

don't stop :)

Also, I believe Shlacke might get a point in Madrid. Neither side is fully focused on the game tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
I wanted Klopp more but that was a pipe dream. It was between Moyes and Mourinho, and at the time - with Moyes continuing good work at Everton and Mou's spell at Madrid coming to a poor end, as well as all the hate Arsenal fans have for him - I wonder who you would have picked between the two sweet Salva.

faridmon

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

But he did predict us going for Martinez and ending up being a great idea. There is a good man within Willbur, too bad he comes out once in a while!

"no one I'd rather have than Moyes"

i can't breathe

It's fucking weird in hindsight.

1) The statement that Mourinho is categorically better, but Moyes is the favourable choice
2) The sense that pervades similar posts that Moyes deserved the Man Utd job as a reward for his good work at Everton

edit: 1) is understandable, I'd feel the same if we had to choose between getting Rafa back and Mourinho

bjaelke

Real Madrid starting line up vs Schalke: Casillas, Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Illarramendi, Alonso, Isco, Jese, Ronaldo, Morata.

Schalke starting line up vs Real Madrid: Fährmann, Hoogland, Howedes, Matip, Kolasinac, Ayhan, Neustadter, Obasi, Meyer, Draxler, Huntelaar.

---

Chelsea starting line up vs Galatasaray: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Lampard, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o.

Galatasaray starting line up vs Chelsea: Muslera, Eboue, Semih, Chedjou, Telles, Yekta, Melo, Selcuk, Sneijder, Burak, Didier Drogba.

Blablurn

Blablurn, can you please stop harassing the EPL gaffers ?

don't stop :)

Also, I believe Shlacke might get a point in Madrid. Neither side is fully focused on the game tonight.

:lol Kenka. I should listen to you forever. You were so right with Hypiäaaaaaaäää

Kenka

0-7 for Schlacke. The miracle of Madrid they will call it.
True.

Goretzka to score a manita, and Meyer a brace. Draxler to peel lemons on the bench.

:lol Kenka. I should listen to you forever. You were so right with Hypiäaaaaaaäää
My Bla <3 Hyppiä is a fraud, and I wonder why the Neverkusen board thought he would be better than Lewandowski. I guess the guilt is shared.

Wilbur

Banned
It's fucking weird in hindsight.

1) The statement that Mourinho is categorically better, but Moyes is the favourable choice
2) The sense that pervades similar posts that Moyes deserved the Man Utd job as a reward for his good work at Everton

Well, like I say to the Arsenal fans. Say Wenger had left last summer, do you think they would have wanted Moyes or Mourinho? Considering they would have a lot of the same problems we had with going from long term to someone known especially for the short term. They'll probably say Mou now, but it would have been an interesting question posed in the summer.

And I disagree actually; it's only weird in hindsight, because at the time it was seen as "yes, this young British manager does deserve a crack at a bigger job as a reward for his good work at Everton", much like Rodgers really.

Beautiful.

I would imagine both Manchester clubs now look at not going for Jose as a mistake.

The reason I include City in that is that if they had a better manager, they'd have won the league ages ago with the squad they've got and wouldn't have to deal with donkeys like Demichellis.

faridmon

''good work at Everton''

is such a vague statement.

Hudgson did a good job at Liverpool just to predate the good form they are in now.

faridmon

The two aren't remotely comparable, stop talking shit.

It makes as much sense as giving a manager a chance to manage a championship winning team just because he saved a relegation fodder team and made them a more stable mid-table team.

The two criteria are the ones that aren't comparable.

Shit talk deserves a shit talk

The two aren't remotely comparable, stop talking shit.

Lol

Okay, Moyes did do well at Everton. Martinez is already doing better.

Ouch, that sounds harsh actually. Poor David.

Going to watch the Chelsea match but if Schalke somehow score 3 unanswered goals in quick succession then I'm switching over.

Meier

CITY U19S XI: O’Brien, Bossaerts, Facey, Denayer, Angelino, Glendon, Fofana, Bryan, Lopes (C), Bytyqi, Cole. Subs news to follow.
CITY U19S SUBS: Albinson, Smith-Brown, Holland, Ntcham, Celina, Barker, Ambrose.

BENFICA U19S XI: Graca, Figueiredo, Braga, Tualungo, Romario, Gregorio, Ganchinho, Guterres (C), Gomes Carvalho, Alfaiate, Gomes Santos.

Rony gonna go in on that ass.

leon-of-curb-your-enthusiasm-o.gif

Could and should be, just for the lulz,

Mumei plz.

Also, I was in Czech recently and this guy caught my attention :

156871832-plzens-midfielder-pavel-horvath-kicks-a-gettyimages.jpg

Supposedly 81 kgs for 1m87. How in the world is he even a professional footballer.

The fat bastard completely killed Copenhagen a few years back in champions league qualification.

Roland Nilsson pls

:(

Wilbur

Banned
It makes as much sense as giving a manager a chance to manage a championship winning team just because he saved a relegation fodder team and made them a more stable mid-table team.

The two criteria are the ones that aren't comparable.

Shit talk deserves a shit talk

Brendan Rodgers promoted Swansea and got a job at Liverpool after keeping them up.

David Moyes finished fourth once, fifth a few times, sixth a few times. Fourth and fifth is not mid-table.

The appointment lacked adventure, but I don't think anyone thought it would go this poorly because he did do good work at Everton and I genuinely think you're fucking odd for thinking otherwise. You can bleat on all you like about Martinez changing shit for the better but it's his first season, you're in roughly the same place you were last year so until he actually starts showing real improvement on the pitch then I think you're talking fucking shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom