• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I hope Chelsea get an easy draw in the QF. Could ideally do with them going as far in this as possible, cause the semi final will have both legs either side of the game at Anfield.

Into

My god Gala are abysmal, how did they even get this far? They look like an amateur side.

Juve fucked up.

This Gala "performance" is the worst ive seen in CL post group stages, they look like they give zero fucks. Make Moyes Boys look passionate, inspired and willing to sacrifice.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope Chelsea get an easy draw in the QF. Could ideally do with them going as far in this as possible, cause the semi final will have both legs either side of the game at Anfield.

Don't think there will be many easy draws.

Bayern, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund and Olympiakos likely to be the opponents. You'd obviously go for Olympiakos out of them but all the rest are real tests.

Kenka

Wiland has been even worse this season, had a few good games in Champions League and then looked like Hart on shrooms for the remainder of the season.
Supposedly, he was depressed because of the national coach favouring Isaksson for so long. It might be even worse now since some youngsters have recently been called up ahead of him.

cremino

My god Gala are abysmal, how did they even get this far? They look like an amateur side.

roberto-mancini-520x390.jpg

Meier

Dammit, Benfica won and are through to the Semis. Seems from reading the text updates that I missed that the Benfica keeper had a great night and Benfica scored off a counter after City hit the inside of the post but it didn't go in. Congrats rvy and Lambda!

Juve fucked up.

This Gala "performance" is the worst ive seen in CL post group stages, they look like they give zero fucks. Make Moyes Boys look passionate, inspired and willing to sacrifice.

It's just the Mancini effect setting in. When he's fired next season and Gala does well, he will probably claim credit for it.

Supposedly, he was depressed because of the national coach favouring Isaksson for so long. It might be even worse now since some youngsters have recently been called up ahead of him.

Well he has been constantly injured, a shame... Same thing that happened to Jesper Christiansen.

Juve fucked up.

Schalke didn't seem to have a gameplan when Man Utd battered them in the semis that time

Juve fucked up.

Hey, just you wait till tomorrow !

0-4 with no substitutions until the 80th minute and defensive mishaps galore.

:(

Feorax

Don't think there will be many easy draws.

Bayern, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund and Olympiakos likely to be the opponents. You'd obviously go for Olympiakos out of them but all the rest are real tests.

Atletico could be a good draw too. Decent side, but their minds will inevitably be on the league.

Meier

Aww shit, Julian Green hype into overdrive!

On Tuesday 18-year-old Green spoke with SI.com’s Grant Wahl, as it was confirmed that Jurgen Klinsmann’s request for Green to train with the USMNT squad in Glendale, Ariz., before facing Mexico on April 2, had been accepted by his club.

Bayern has to make special arrangements for it to happen, as the friendly falls outside of an official FIFA international date with players from Major League Soccer likely to make up the majority of Klinsmann’s squad for the rivalry match with El Tri. When asked if he has ambitions of playing for the U.S. at this summer’s World Cup, Green had the following to say.

“Yes, I think so,” Green said. “If I can play a World Cup at 18 years old, it would be great, amazing. But I have to train hard.”
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...l-team-in-arizona-contemplating-usmnt-future/

If we can get Green and Zelalem wrapped up, I'd feel very good about our attack in the future.

Into

If Serie A was "shit" and Italian teams were "shit", then Italy as a national team would not be doing so well as it has the last 10 years.

Lots of great players, veterans and young ones coming up, loads of great managers.

Compare that to any country in Europe not called Spain and Germany and Italy is doing great. If there is anything wrong with Italian football is that they dont have great platforms like Sky to brainwash people into believing average players are suddenly "world class"

bud

If Serie A was "shit" and Italian teams were "shit", then Italy as a national team would not be doing so well as it has the last 10 years.

Lots of great players, veterans and young ones coming up, loads of great managers.

Compare that to any country in Europe not called Spain and Germany and Italy is doing great.

i'm eating pasta pollo right now. italy has never been more alive.

Meier

JUPP! Just saw Cornballer post this in the USMNT thread:

Originally Posted by Taylor Twellman

BREAKING NEWS: @ussoccer will make an announcement in next 24/48 hours that Julian Green has opted to play for the United States. #USAvMEX

Fingers crossed!

rvy

Banned
dc, r u mad salty?

dc, tell me about the glory of City U19.

Tell me dc.

Did you get your shit wrecked?

yeah, u mad salty

rvy

Banned
I am a bit butthurt that Hajrovic prefered to play for Bosnia but well, that's his choice.

Don't you get tired of being Mr. I am a reasonable adult?

I wish you'd tell people to go suck dicks some times.

Tell dc to eat poop. His U19 team is shit.

He mad salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom