• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

drogbafreekick.gif

LOOOL

LOL at the replay they showed for Cahill's goal and the 4 Galatasary players were doing nothing in a line at the back.

A true Mancini organised team

Terribly boring games tonight, both felt like pre-season games.

Hopefully tomorrow provides more entertainment, Olympiakos are rancid away from home. I think United will do it.

The real entertainment (as always) will be the EL. The only hope for tomorrow is Semak and the spirit of AVB.

Into

I'm not really blaming Serie A lol. You are getting the wrong impression here.

This a boring match and it is Gala's fault, but if Juve didn't flop, it would be Chelsea vs Juve. An interesting match, but Juve have it so easy in Serie A that Copenhagen is a huge challenge all of a sudden(sorry Wooden).

Players for their national teams usually play in their own league, don't get your point you are making there. Other than a few examples, most of the German national team is in Bundesliga, most of the Spanish team in La Liga, English team in EPL, etc

The point is that Italy is not shit, since the national team has done well, only second to Spain in Europe, yet is portrayed as this third rate league, because the marketing in Italy is not as strong, you cannot just pass the ball a few times and look semi awake, to be proclaimed "world class" like you can in other leagues.

Hating on Italian football is nothing new though, most english speaking football forums tend to have a huge boner for hating on italian football, only Spanish teams that are acknowledged are Real and Barca, because each summer they come and take their favorite players from their favorite english team. Hence the 2 team league comments a few months ago =P

Elchele

JUPP! Just saw Cornballer post this in the USMNT thread:

Fingers crossed!

Yes, I saw it on twitter. Grant Wahl tweet helps you understand why this is happening so soon also:

Used to think Bayern would prefer J. Green play for GER to limit travel. But they may see playing for US as way for FCB to crack US market.

dat marketing
It would be amazing if he makes it to the WC squad.

Meier

Yes, I saw it on twitter. Grant Wahl tweet helps you understand why this is happening so soon also:

dat marketing
It would be amazing if he makes it to the WC squad.

Haha, that's not a bad idea to be honest! I know they're playing against the MLS All-Stars to try and help extend the brand here. This certainly wouldn't hurt.

Elchele

Haha, that's not a bad idea to be honest! I know they're playing against the MLS All-Stars to try and help extend the brand here. This certainly wouldn't hurt.

yep! a game in Portland and another one to be announced in NY. + opening an Office in NY
I guess Julian Green will be a starter in both :p

Green looks quality and very confident on the ball, also a natural goal scorer, easily the most promising youngster we have after Pierre-Emile Højbjerg.

Salvadora

The Guardian (Daniel Taylor): "Has [Moyes] lost the dressing room? The way it has been described to this newspaper is that he never actually had the dressing room"
Not particularly surprising, but interesting nonetheless.

wedward

Zelalem self-identifies as American and speaks with an American accent (a la Subotic) but apparently if he declares for the USMNT he'd probably lose his work permit so it seems unlikely at the moment. Since he technically doesn't have dual-citizenship yet, I believe if he plays for Germany's youth team he wouldn't be eligible to play for the US later. So it's kind of a waiting game. He could always decline call-ups like Januzaj has.

I actually haven't seen Green play either but he's tearing it up for Bayern Munich II and been around their Senior team which is of course crazy at 18.

Just saw Green's numbers for this season. 15 in 20 for Bayern Munich II.

Welcome.

It's sad how the Yankees are desperate for anyone with any relation to them to represent their national team. You'd think that with 300 million of them that they'd be able to develop their own talents.

Clegg

So United players are calling Steve Round "fuck off Round" now? Things must surely be coming to a head if that much blatant disrespect is being shown.

wedward

It's sad how the Yankees are desperate for anyone with any relation to them to represent their national team. You'd think that with 300 million of them that they'd be able to develop their own talents.

How is it sad?

We are well aware of the state the sport is in in the US.

Meier

Says the dude whose country got 2 golds from an American snowboarder and whose athletes almost all train in the US. We developed Rossi and Subotic but didn't get to keep them. Still crossing my fingers on Zelalem and Fagundez.

Julian Green's dad has really been pushing for his son to play for the US. Be happy for a proud papa.

L1NETT

Yep. I genuinely think if we go out tomorrow and lose to City, he's gone.

Think or hope?

I think he ain't gonna go regardless. Stick with the plan etc. Don't think they won't to fall into the manager every 2 or 3 years syndrome. Not saying they should stick with Moyes, but I don't give a flying donkey poop really :)

Wilbur

Banned
Think or hope?

I think he ain't gonna go regardless. Stick with the plan etc. Don't think they won't to fall into the manager every 2 or 3 years syndrome. Not saying they should stick with Moyes, but I don't give a flying donkey poop really :)

I don't know. I think after the ineptitude of that performance on Sunday, some alarm bells would have gone off.

There'd be rumblings going on for that to happen though, and we're not hearing much.

Not in the papers, no.

L1NETT

I don't know. I think after the ineptitude of that performance on Sunday, some alarm bells would have gone off.

If there was an alarm bell for every time United for shockingly rubs this season, there probably isn't a alarm left in the Manchester area

Arnie

He'll see out the season out of pure respect to being selected by Sir Alex. But that's all.....

Who can the club realistically get?

They could get Klopp, perhaps, if he could be convinced that:

a) United are an attractive destination for him and his brand of football/management

and

b) that the Bundesliga is indeed as hopeless as it appears to everyone outside of Germany

But I still think it's a severe long shot and one that isn't likely to take off.

And I don't think the other candidates are at all qualified for a club of United's stature, something that they'll be careful to demand after the Moyes fiasco. They'll look for trophies won and experience in the right areas, rather than some very general, fatalistic search for a Scotsman.

Wilbur

Banned

a) United are an attractive destination for him and his brand of football/management

and

b) that the Bundesliga is indeed as hopeless as it appears to everyone outside of Germany

But I still think it's a sever long shot and one that isn't likely to take off.

And I don't think the other candidates are at all qualified for a club of United's stature, something that they'll be careful to demand after the Moyes fiasco. They'll look for trophies won and experience in the right areas, rather than some very general, fatalistic search for a Scotsman.

Guardiola will be bored after May

wedward

and

But I still think it's a sever long shot and one that isn't likely to take off.

United aren't heavy metal enough for him.

United are like that once great band that now fill their time playing shows at summer fairs.

You just nod your head and wonder how the hell it all went so wrong.

Guardiola will be bored after May

Rooney is the least Pep player ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom