• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

2010 World Cup

EdjTA7f.png

:p

4 time World Cup winners, that is twice as much as Spain and England combined

;)

Kenka

Don't you get tired of being Mr. I am a reasonable adult?

I wish you'd tell people to go suck dicks some times.

Tell dc to eat poop. His U19 team is shit.

He mad salty.
You know me, I keep those up my sleeve for the right moment.
Benfica, Bayern, and other teams I support are globally doing well. I have little to no reason to exacerbate antagonisms, I'd rather be the armchair softhanded mod that everybody likes.

Fuck Mangala though. I cannot bear the view of his fuckface.

Will you not be satisfied until 100% of the Swiss national team is composed of Yugoslavs?
We would have had even more of them if Maksimovic and Milosavac became the players we thought they would become when they were playing for the u-17.

Yugos in general are excellent team players and hard working, self-sufficient, professionals. I hope former Yugoslavian countries never enter the UE, otherwise, we would need to shut the door to them too, which we don't want.
Yugos, but also Turks, Albanians and Iranians have been outstanding additions to the Swiss population these last 20 years. those guys have done more for the country than all the Germans and Frenchies that came in the mean time.

rvy

Banned
You know me, I keep those up my sleeve for the right moment.
Benfica, Bayern, and other teams I support are globally doing well. I have little to no reason to exacerbate antagonisms, I'd rather be the armchair softhanded mod that everybody likes.

Fuck Mangala though. I cannot bear the view of his fuckface.

There we go!

Ahoy!

dc pls post if you're OK

Meier

This would be amazing, but isn't the rumor that Zelalem is going to play for Germany?

I've also never seen Julian Green.

Zelalem self-identifies as American and speaks with an American accent (a la Subotic) but apparently if he declares for the USMNT he'd probably lose his work permit so it seems unlikely at the moment. Since he technically doesn't have dual-citizenship yet, I believe if he plays for Germany's youth team he wouldn't be eligible to play for the US later. So it's kind of a waiting game. He could always decline call-ups like Januzaj has.

I actually haven't seen Green play either but he's tearing it up for Bayern Munich II and been around their Senior team which is of course crazy at 18.

Into

Barca - Bayern = Guardiola storyline

Chelsea - Mandrill = Mourinho storyline

You know it will happen, these "stories" always tend to happen.

FootballFan

4 time World Cup winners, that is twice as much as Spain and England combined

;)

What does that have to do with Italy being great in the last 10 years though?

Italy finished under New Zealand in 2010 group stage. New Zealand. Who literally had players with regular full time jobs playing for them lol.

Just saying, they haven't been that great in the last 10 years. They have been very good though, but a great team would at least get out of the group stage there.

Into

What does that have to do with Italy being great in the last 10 years though?

Italy finished under New Zealand in 2010 group stage. New Zealand. Who literally had players with regular full time jobs playing for them lol.

Just saying, they haven't been that great in the last 10 years. They have been very good though.

They have been very good in the last 10 years, better than any Euro country not named Spain. Trophy wise.

Thats pretty good for a "shitty" league. Considering almost all italian national players actually play in the league, and actually play in the first team.

Dont blame Serie A for this shit hole of a match, Juve just couldnt get the job done, but its still Gala and Chelsea out there.

Remember in the 90s when Serie A teams were actually good and they were winning the UEFA Cup almost every year? Now apparently now they suddenly just don't care about it anymore. Of course it has nothing to do with the shoddy quality of the teams.

They have been very good in the last 10 years, better than any Euro country not named Spain. Trophy wise.

Thats pretty good for a "shitty" league. Considering almost all italian national players actually play in the league, and actually play in the first team.

Dont blame Serie A for this shit hole of a match, Juve just couldnt get the job done, but its still Gala and Chelsea out there.

What does a result from 8 years ago have anything to do with the quality of current Serie A teams?

Kenka

There we go!

Ahoy!

dc pls post if you're OK
Btw, where did all the money the club pocketed from the sales of Matic, Witsel, Ramires and David Luiz go to ?
Remember in the 90s when Serie A teams were actually good and they were winning the UEFA Cup almost every year? Now apparently now they suddenly just don't care about it anymore. Of course it has nothing to do with the shoddy quality of the teams.
Love you Svia, but we have Italian gaffers who acknowledge the formidable demise of Serie A.

Into

Remember when Ivan Drago lost to the little American Rocky?

Meier

Julian Green is not happening, unless he fails to live up to the expectations (being a starter at Bayern in a few years). He plays for Bayern and has Sammer advising him, obviously his #1 option is Germany, only if that fails he would pick USA.

I'm sure his agent told him to, in order to raise his profile a bit more. I read a piece about Julian Green a few weeks ago and he said he was being advised by Sammer. Sammer told him that travelling for CONCACAF qualifiers could hurt his career at Bayern

Not to mention the huge importance inside Bayern to have as many Germany NT players as possible.

Klinsmann is mostly seen as a joke in Germany now, I think
Julian would have to sacrifice his career at Bayern, to join the US national team. It's pretty easy, if he makes it at Bayern, he will be called for Germany NT. If he fails at Bayern, the chances to make it into Germany NT would go down and joining US national team would make sense

Jurgen confirms! Yesss!
“We are absolutely thrilled that Julian Green has chosen to be a part of the U.S. National Team Programs!"
https://twitter.com/J_Klinsmann/status/446035584792805376

Suck it Jupp! ;)

K1LLER7

already have two assists in this match and he was a sub. Bloody Hell!

I really want Isco at Everton. I wonder how much he will cost...
He did come on pretty early though :p

He'd probably choose Everton over Moyes United if it was between the two. What have you done Moyes? ;_;

Into

Congrats to Chelski, i expect a Madrid draw

Madrid media will demand it, they will have enough to write for years because of their hate for Jose

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Terribly boring games tonight, both felt like pre-season games.

Hopefully tomorrow provides more entertainment, Olympiakos are rancid away from home. I think United will do it.

faridmon

You would have to sell everything everyone at your club owns

Stop being mean to me, willbur. I thought our break-up was mutual!

He did come on pretty early though :p

He'd probably choose Everton over Moyes United if it was between the two. What have you done Moyes? ;_;

True, he did come on early, but at the same time, he contributed 60% of goals tonight. Woof!

I don't think we can afford him though, unless he goes to another club and flops there... real hard.

Maybe at Man United first :p

Kenka

full time 3-1

Bundesliga pease kill this schalke team

Jese :(
We would gladly offload Schlake into the Belgian League but we don't want to see the Ruhr in flames. Decisions, decisions...
Gotta pay them bills, homie. Our financial liabilities are like €500 million.
500 millions ? You're gonna get fucked so hard by the Fair Play rules. But congrats that you've been able to manage such a ginormous debt so far.

FootballFan

I'm not really blaming Serie A lol. You are getting the wrong impression here.

This a boring match and it is Gala's fault, but if Juve didn't flop, it would be Chelsea vs Juve. An interesting match, but Juve have it so easy in Serie A that Copenhagen is a huge challenge all of a sudden(sorry Wooden).

Players for their national teams usually play in their own league, don't get your point you are making there. Other than a few examples, most of the German national team is in Bundesliga, most of the Spanish team in La Liga, English team in EPL, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom