• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Have any of you guys ever literally bought a console for one game?

Not really. Maybe initially in the sense that there's one I'll pick up at launch for a particular game (Mario 64, Super Monkey Ball, etc), but usually I'm buying them based on stuff I know is also in the pipeline.

It's only recently that I've started holding off on buying consoles at launch and waiting until there's at least 5-6 games I want. I suppose that's also because those launch games have been lacklustre and there's been nothing that made me want to buy the console asap.

Scum

Sony are kind of fucked after Infamous comes out

People are getting seriously bored of Uncharted, Killzone and God of War. Even Gran Turismo hit a brick wall with 6, and I think people will have had their fill of Infamous after SS

Save us, The Order.
The Order will be another "safe" game. Great looking, but with the same old insides.

How does this equate to Sony being fucked?

They're going to need new IPs, and they're going to need to hit the ground running

-Guerilla have something in the works (space-RPG apparently), so we'll see what happens there.
-SSM's new IP was canned, its lead designer fucked off, and staff layed off as well
-Sucker Punch isn't big enough to have been making something else while developing Infamous
-Media Molecule are probably stuck on LittleBig Planet
-RAD have The Order, fair enough
-ND are surely making a sequel to TLoU as much as people want them to make a new IP, the first one sold too well not to do it
-Polyphony are basically Studio Gran Turismo
-Japan Studios are useless and unreliable
-Zipper are dead
-Studio Liverpool is dead
-The PSASBR guys are dead
-Insomniac pulled a Gotze

I'm not saying none of the sequels will sell as they figure out what to do about new IPs, but enthusiasm for them was already dwindling at the end of last-gen, and going into this one. This is obviously all speculation, but I can see them having to hit us with 3 new IPs a year, over the course of 2 years or so, which would be a huge risk if they no longer have the established franchises to prop them up as a kind of insurance policy.

Plus we'll be peppered with smaller titles like Resogun and Helldivers, which will hopefully make things more palatable. And maybe The Last Guardian will come out and make it all better :p

Hi football gaf, how has your day been? Mine hasn't been so super. The high point was my coco pops for breakfast and the low point was having a plastic rod shoved up my urethra. It's the recipe for a bad time. Just thought I'd share.

Goodnight.

Had this done before. Really burns.

Would not recommend.

51V5n3XX4sL.jpg

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

Listen to this album, folks. Linius knows where it's at.
Weird seeing this on my NeoGAF football thread, but yeah, it's good.

Jack cw

Guys pls. Complaining about lack of "next gen gameplay" here is even more sad than on gaming side. DS2, Titanfall, MGS GZ, Infamous are great games with high production values and fun.

Wilbur

Banned
Jamie Jackson article entitled 'why has David Moyes ignored Ryan Giggs so much?'

Because he's fucking forty years old and plays well once a year. Christ.

L1NETT

Indies have been the only ones creating truly interesting experiences for a couple of years now

Nah

There are good AAA games. Just like there are lots of garbage AAA games like Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 and Lost Planet 3 etc etc

There are also lots of good "indie" games. And lots of bad ones too. For every To the moon there is 3 god awful unplayable messes.

Distinction between them becoming more and more pointless. Smaller and less costly games tend to push the boundaries more yes and change it up yes. Same in Movies.

---

Hitch I'd buy a 3DS if they announced Advance wars, but it would be the tipping point as the backlog on there is already banging.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I love the headline on the Guardian page, 'Sherwood has no respect for Jesus'.

Zabojnik

Sony are kind of fucked after Infamous comes out

People are getting seriously bored of Uncharted, Killzone and God of War. Even Gran Turismo hit a brick wall with 6, and I think people will have had their fill of Infamous after SS

Save us, less generic looking Gears of War clone.

Fixed for accuracy & faith & endurance.

Weird seeing this on my NeoGAF football thread, but yeah, it's good.

Why is it weird? The football thread is pretty much indie rock central.

Jarnet87

Fixed for accuracy & faith & endurance.

First thing I thought of when I saw screenshots of The order was Gears as well.

In Reponse to Hitcher, it's not like Microsoft are doing anything new either. A new Halo, a new Gears, probably a new Fable at some point. Same old games over and over. Below is the only interesting title on One for me, and that is just a timed exclusive, I'll just wait for it to appear on a steam sale.

Zabojnik

Was GoW actually generic, or was it made to look generic by the copy-cats?

I'd still like to play the GoW series someday.

I don't actually know, only played the first one a bit and it just felt ... ehhh. Bulky space marines massacring monsters, cover-shooting, it's been done before. Plus that god-awful plasticky & washed out Unreal Engine look that later became the norm in UE3 games. Wasn't for me and I have a feeling The Order won't be either, although the setting is much more interesting. If the story is decent enough ... I'll play it for dat cinematic experience.

Is Aguero gonna be fit for Saturday? If he is, Fulham are gonna get battered to the point that we may as well relegate them at the full time whistle.

Kassu

Banned
I bought PS3 right after seeing Uncharted 2 E3 trailer.

Wasn't disappointed, Uncharted 2 is still one of my favourite games ever. I think I even got the max rank in the multiplayer.

faridmon

Yeah, the War on Drugs are awesome.

But my album of the month goas to

artworks-000067806578-xiqb3t-t500x500.jpg

HOLY SHIT! I had a high expectation, and they blew it out of the water with ease. These guys are one of the best groups around imo. So bloody consistent.

Clegg

Jesus couldn't even get past Olympiakos looooooooool

:lol

God I can't imagine how dreadful that must be.
It's extremely distressing. He even shook it around once it was in there.

And then you have to give a urine sample and everything stings.

It's not nice.

Meier

Viva Pinata was one of my favorite games last gen. Enjoyed the sequel as well. My wife really loved the series so she got the DS game also. Would love another but obviously it's unlikely.

You know Farid doesn't listen to any band with more than 100 Facebook likes

:lol He really does listen to some pretty obscure stuff. Liars have been a moderately well known indie act for some time.. one of the few artists I've seen him mention that I was aware of before hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom