• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

tumblr_n2jfpf2ImU1rxlduqo2_500.jpg

Those clothes look expensive, but do they look damn fine. Gomez knows how to style!

Suen

Catching up on the thread.

Real Madrid? More like Real Salt Lake.
Get the fuck out, cunt <3

Assuming Cuntelona, Madrid and Atletico win the rest of their league games, which very likely will happen, then I will have to cheer for those Cuntelona scums to win or end their last game against Atletico in a draw so Madrid win the league. I'm already feeling dirty.

Hopefully some other league games go in our favor Madrid-GAF. Looking at the rest of our schedule we still have some tough games ahead of us: away game against Sevilla who are in good form, unbeaten since their game against Cuntelona not to mention the recent win against their local rivals in EL which is a big boost. We'll also be playing an away game against Sociedad which could be challenging and a home game against Valencia who are doing quite good recently.

Cuntelona will have an away game (derby) against Cuntelona B but I'm not expecting Cuntelona B to take any points from Cuntelona. They will also play at home against Bilbao and although Bilbao aren't as good away they could perhaps get a draw, who knows. Valencia won at Camp Nou so anything is possible this season.

Atletico will play an away game against Bilbao (still unbeaten at home?) so aside from their last match of the season this is the best chance of them dropping points. They will also play away against Valencia so there could potentially be a good result for us from that game too. Finally they will play at home against Villareal and Malaga, not sure how the yellow submarine is doing recently but expecting Atletico to win that game. Malaga is always full of surprises so we could be (extremely) lucky there, Schuster pls.

faridmon

Looking at the schedule, Real has the easiest fixtures until the end of the season. I can see Atletico dropping points against the likes of Athletic and Valencia. Barca have to play Athletic at the end of the season, so...

Suen

Looking at the schedule, Real has the easiest fixtures until the end of the season. I can see Atletico dropping points against the likes of Athletic and Valencia. Barca have to play Athletic at the end of the season, so...
Sevilla will be our tougest challenge from our remaining games. We still do have CL games and one El Clasico game (CDR final) ahead of us so it could make our players tired but we have a good squad depth so we should be fine with a good rotation.

dc89

Haha, the Liverpool tribal stuff was awful, AWFUL.

Talking of kits, I miss this so badly :(

Man-City-Umbro-Home-shirt-201-2011-Leaked.jpg

That was unrivalled in it's fit, finish and quality. I mean just look at the crest, just look at it damn it. Stitched on, not some glued on shield like we get now. Such a good shirt, hardwearing too.

dc89

do any of you lot wear football shirts out and about?

Brian.

I wear them around the house and when I go to play football or go to the football. That's it. Saying this, I'll no doubt get an England shirt, some union jack shorts and a beer dispensing helmet to make my staple summer outfit.

Linius

do any of you lot wear football shirts out and about?

Only when I'm going to games or in the house. I could consider wearing them when I go running in the summer but I don't want to wash them often because they won't get any better by doing that. Prints and badges will look awful after a while.

I don't think I could ever wear a football shirt out. I do however sometimes look at draw string pyjama bottoms and consider if I could get away with wearing them to work.

I don't think I could ever wear a football shirt out. I do however sometimes look at draw string pyjama bottoms and consider if I could get away with wearing them to work.

I liken people who wear football shirts in public to those that wear anime t-shirts in public. I find such people are marked with a breath-taking lack of self-awareness.

vgJames

Banned
Dutch/Ajax-Gaf I need your assistance! I previously inquired earlier this month about going to Ajax-Twente on Sunday and was told early March that it was sold out. I'm in Amsterdam Friday-Monday and would love to attend, I don't mind paying above face value as long as it's not ridiculously over the odds.

Any idea how to get a ticket while I'm in the city Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning and how much I'd be looking to pay?

In case this gets missed too who is the most active/best/most attractive member of Ajax-Gaf from the list?

Razor554

Sevilla will be our tougest challenge from our remaining games. We still do have CL games and one El Clasico game (CDR final) ahead of us so it could make our players tired but we have a good squad depth so we should be fine with a good rotation.

Your visit to Anoeta will be most likely place to drop points imo. You play there in the middle of CL games, so it could be tricky.

If you win the away games vs Sevilla and Sociadad then you will most likely win the title. Valencia wont get any points from Bernabeu. Last possible point loss would be Celta away game since they have proper anti-Madrista coach (and Rafinha!) that could snatch some points.

Linius

Dutch/Ajax-Gaf I need your assistance! I previously inquired earlier this month about going to Ajax-Twente on Sunday and was told early March that it was sold out. I'm in Amsterdam Friday-Monday and would love to attend, I don't mind paying above face value as long as it's not ridiculously over the odds.

Any idea how to get a ticket while I'm in the city Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning and how much I'd be looking to pay?

In case this gets missed too who is the most active/best/most attractive member of Ajax-Gaf from the list?

On the Dutch Ebay like website Marktplaats I see some tickets at 65. On viagogo they start from 100 dollars. Think those are your best options.

vgJames

Banned
In the UK, on Viagogo they're coming up as £61 - more than I wanted to pay but it'll have to do. Anyone had experience with ordering from Viagogo? If I ordered them today would I have them by Thursday morning before I fly Friday?

Also what's the match day experience like over there? I know that it's a train ride away from the game is there any good pubs and the like you'd recommend for the atmosphere? And generally are your fans cool with neutral foreigners, we're not going to sit in silence we'd get involved but y'know... Dutching singing is not my forte. Manchester United fan by the by.

Also recommend me general Amsterdam stuff to do through the weekend! (Want to go clubbing one of the nights, any particular recommendations?)

Wilbur

Banned
In the UK, on Viagogo they're coming up as £61 - more than I wanted to pay but it'll have to do. Anyone had experience with ordering from Viagogo? If I ordered them today would I have them by Thursday morning before I fly Friday?

Also what's the match day experience like over there? I know that it's a train ride away from the game is there any good pubs and the like you'd recommend for the atmosphere? And generally are your fans cool with neutral foreigners, we're not going to sit in silence we'd get involved but y'know... Dutching singing is not my forte. Manchester United fan by the by.

Also recommend me general Amsterdam stuff to do through the weekend! (Want to go clubbing one of the nights, any particular recommendations?)

Can't speak for the game itself, but as a tourist the best thing to do in Amsterdam for that kind of stuff is just walk around the red light district. Bars on every corner, all trying to get you in, they're all in neon lights.

There is clubs in the market square but they were quite expensive if I can remember right. Was like 9 euro 50 for a double or something, I was stunned

Fry

How are we ever going to sign a Madrid player without them wanting Suarez in exchange?

Especially Benzema, one of their only strikers. It's never gonna happen.

Why would Klopp leave Dortmund? He just extended his contract last year :D

Let's be honest, the only thing signing a new contract means is that the buying club will need to pay more compensation. As a sign of loyalty a new contract isn't a rubber stamped guarantee that the employee won't buggar off if they get a better offer from somewhere else.

Jack cw

Let's be honest, the only thing signing a new contract means is that the buying club will need to pay more compensation. As a sign of loyalty a new contract isn't a rubber stamped guarantee that the employee won't buggar off if they get a better offer from somewhere else.

I dont know how good you are into Dortmunds topic, but the the Klopp/Zorc/Watzke thing is rather unique. Klopp is comitted to the project and has infinite backup regardless of the results. I'm honest and I think that Klopp and BVB is going to be something like Wenger and Arsenal or SAF and United. Klopp wont move in a while. He has the team, money and vision to become a constant top 10 club in Europe.

Pachimari

So sad we lost to Barcelona but at least we're still in a very good position in the league, and I bet Atletico will struggle against Barca in their last league match.

If we win against Sevilla away on Wednesday, then our confidence will be high in the upcoming matches.

HALA MADRID! Animo Jesé.

Let's be really honest, all wet dreams from Arsenal/United/whoever fans aside, Klopp is going nowhere. Klopp is just too important for any price we could get. And Klopp won't leave us either, he's not that kind of guy.

We will lose another few important players over the next few years. But Klopp is one of the best in the business and is essential in helping us to stay competetive while compensating players leaving. And he has a great reputation with players, see the Zlatan video for example, and thus can help us sign players that otherwise wouldn't (see Micky). Under no circumstances I can see us letting Klopp go.

Suen

Your visit to Anoeta will be most likely place to drop points imo. You play there in the middle of CL games, so it could be tricky.

If you win the away games vs Sevilla and Sociadad then you will most likely win the title. Valencia wont get any points from Bernabeu. Last possible point loss would be Celta away game since they have proper anti-Madrista coach (and Rafinha!) that could snatch some points.
Damn I didn't check the CL schedule, worst timing to have it in. I hope this game against Barca won't hit our form and that we continue strong. Atletico are meeting you guys twice in CL though and I think it will be tougher than RMA's game against an injury-crippled Dortmund, but (!) RMA will have to travel to Germany while you guys stay in Spain which is an advantage on it's own.

If we only look at the table, consider Atletico's current form and disregard the tough fixtures remaining then they have the best chance of winning the league. Regardless of the winner it has been a very entertaining season (moreso with Atletico competing with us) and it's what I wanted most, a good, enjoyable season to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom