• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really wanna control 75.000 bags?

Yes? That should (and I was under the impression it is done) everywhere. I don't think it's the right punishment but all bags should certainly be controlled, I've always had my bag controlled both for Danish league matches and CL.

Jack cw

Ah, the average means nothing though. We have the HIGHEST age average in Italy thanks to Buffon, Barzagli and Pirlo. Everyone else is in their mid-barely late 20s!

Yurt pls. Leave my memories of the mid 2000 Milan wrong. I love the romantic idea that some old men wiped the floor with Europes elite. I like it that way. How old ist Buffon anyway? Seems like he is in the business forever.
Yes? That should (and I was under the impression it is done) everywhere. I don't think it's the right punishment but all bags should certainly be controlled.

Wooden pls. There are more ways to smuggle a light and thin banner like this into the stadium.

Bumhead

Banned
Leeds' honours list on the BBC website is interesting.

•Inter-Cities Fairs Cup winners: 1968, 1971
•League champions: 1968-9, 1973-4, 1991-2
•FA Cup winners: 1972
•League Cup winners: 1968
•FA Charity Shield winners: 1969, 1992

Never won anything before the late 60's/early 70's, never won anything since until 1992. And never won anything since then.

Yorkshire's second most successful football club.

calza

YAYA%20INFOGRAPHIC.ashx

Based yaya.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is why u r in the europa league

yurt pls, just a joke!
It's alright I have a thick skin
KuGsj.gif

we're in Europa League because we're arrogant cunts.
Yurt pls. Leave my memories of the mid 2000 Milan wrong. I love the romantic idea that some old men wiped the floor with Europes elite. I like it that way. How old ist Buffon anyway? Seems like he is in the business forever.

I still think we were the best team in 2003 -_-

Gigi is 36!

Suen

It's alright I have a thick skin
KuGsj.gif

we're in Europa League because we're arrogant cunts.

I still think we were the best team in 2003 -_-

Gigi is 36!
Yurt pls you've already sealed your Scudetto victory. Give us three points in the coming fixture, it helps keeping Inter away as well. Pls Yurt.

Jack cw

Tell me where I said otherwise, as I said, wrong punishment. But the argument was about them controlling bags... Not that stuff couldn't still be smuggled in.

Fair enough. I visit many games from bayern in Allianz Arena and they normally search the backpacks, but not like the completely turning them inside out to look for anything inside. Thats the same procedure as in Camp Nou, Signal Iduna Park or Old Trafford.

vgJames

Banned
Can't say much about Viagogo from own experiences but I do know they pull tickets offline if they can't guerantee they arrive on time before the game. 99% of them will be e-tickets so you should be fine.

Biggest part of the crowd comes directly to the stadium. But Leidseplein in the centre is always busy with Ajax fans on match days. Lots of bars around Leidseplein and Rembrandtplein. For clubbing Rembrandt/Leidse would probably be your best option as well with clubs like Air, Escape and Jimmy Woo. Bear in mind these clubs ask heavy entry fees and are generally expensive. It's that see and be seen culture. You could also go to something like Sugar Factory or Studio 80. That's better for a night of dancing and less fancy people.

And Ajax fans are open to neutrals as far as I know, just don't cheer when Twente scores because that would make no sense obviously. I myself have no objection towards neutrals attending anyways and I haven't heard about any incidents with foreigners except for fans from opposite sides.

Went ahead and ordered, should be UPS Express so I'll be fine with delivery I'd imagine.

I'll probably hit up Leidseplein pre-game then before I head on down to the stadium to soak up the Atmosphere a bit. What's the Ajax/Twente rivalry like? Should be a big game day.

Haven't seen Air but looked up Escape and it seemed a bit more expensive plus it's more house music which I can enjoy but I can miss out on. Jimmy Woo is 21 and up and seems to exemplify that see and be seen culture - seemed really upmarket and that's not what I'm interested in at all this weekend. I'm interested in hitting Paradiso on the Friday or Saturday night since it seems more hip hop/R'n'B orientated. I'll have a peak at Studio 80 and Sugar Factory.

Jarnet87

Nervous about tomorrow. Get the feeling Moyes will ditch playing Mata behind the striker and Kagawa in favor of going for a more physical side. Expecting 4-4-2 with Welbeck up front, Young and Valencia on the wings. BRB trying to match City for pace and physicality, gonna get absolutely stomped.

Clegg

If Moyes selects anything similar to that team then we should sack him before kick off.

We're probably going to lose so I'd rather see us go out with a team that attempts to play good footers rather than the team that we know is crap but puts in a defensive shift.

Meier

#big #black #legs

You crack me up.

In other news:
Galatasaray fans have called for manager Roberto Mancini to be sacked after a home defeat to bottom-of-the-league club Kayserispor.

The result left Galatasaray, who have won the league for the last two seasons, third in the table, five points behind Fenerbahce having played two games more.

Last week they were knocked out of the Champions League by Jose Mourinho's Chelsea.
Galatasaray have had a dismal away record this season - they have won only three of their 12 away matches in the league - but they had a near perfect record at home until the weekend.

That was ended in the fifth minute of stoppage time when Pablo Mouche scored to give Kayserispor their first win over Galatasaray for 40 years.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ns-call-for-Roberto-Mancini-to-be-sacked.html

Slizz

If Moyes selects anything similar to that team then we should sack him before kick off.

We're probably going to lose so I'd rather see us go out with a team that attempts to play good footers rather than the team that we know is crap but puts in a defensive shift.

Agreed, this isn't the time to try and 'buckle down' on defense and try to hold City. We will need to take the attack to them.

justjohn

Nervous about tomorrow. Get the feeling Moyes will ditch playing Mata behind the striker and Kagawa in favor of going for a more physical side. Expecting 4-4-2 with Welbeck up front, Young and Valencia on the wings. BRB trying to match City for pace and physicality, gonna get absolutely stomped.
Why are you nervous? Your season is practically over anyway. in fact, you should be hoping to finish below a Europa league place so you can concentrate on the league next season.

sneaky77

reading the Ronaldo quotes from after the game is quite impressive how much he lost his head yesterday.. nevermind that neither him nor Bale did much of anything.

Meier

Why are you nervous? Your season is practically over anyway. in fact, you should be hoping to finish below a Europa league place so you can concentrate on the league next season.

At this point they're hoping to just prevent us from winning the title. Final 7 weeks or so are going to be very interesting.

Clegg

I couldn't give a fuck about stopping City from winning the title. Just want to see this team play good football again.

Slizz

Yeah, that's a part of the preventing us from winning!

You see the renderings the Mail put up of the Miami stadium? Pretty swanky. 25,000 seater with the team starting in 2017 apparently.

Yeah, the Miami Herald had them in the paper this morning. If we get something that looks like that I'd be ecstatic. That coupled with the ease of public transportation to and from should prove beneficial for attendance.

EDIT: I want a team name and Logo already too.

Slizz

Saw the new 300 yesterday.

Eva Greens breasts should be a French landmark, they should hand out a trophy of her chest to proportion for the Ligue 1 winners....

Her crazy eyes are very attractive too.

confuziz

Banned
Went ahead and ordered, should be UPS Express so I'll be fine with delivery I'd imagine.

I'll probably hit up Leidseplein pre-game then before I head on down to the stadium to soak up the Atmosphere a bit. What's the Ajax/Twente rivalry like? Should be a big game day.

Haven't seen Air but looked up Escape and it seemed a bit more expensive plus it's more house music which I can enjoy but I can miss out on. Jimmy Woo is 21 and up and seems to exemplify that see and be seen culture - seemed really upmarket and that's not what I'm interested in at all this weekend. I'm interested in hitting Paradiso on the Friday or Saturday night since it seems more hip hop/R'n'B orientated. I'll have a peak at Studio 80 and Sugar Factory.

A few years ago Twente won the championship on the last day. Ajax grabbed the second place despite having a zillion more goals. Twente haven't had a good (enough) squad since the Ruiz/Stoch/Elia era. Actual rivalry isn't really there in my opinion. Not like Ajax vs Feyenoord or Utrecht.

Jarnet87

The result doesn't matter. What matters is seeing Moyes try something new, different tactics instead of the same old tired backwards ass conservative 4-4-2 he loves to play with this team. We can play good football if he uses the players we have in a role that suits them instead of trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Kassu

Banned
If we don't win FA Cup I'm joining Wenger out train. Our performance on Saturday was pathetic and we should be able to do better than that with these players. And it's not like this was the first time this happened, we got similar results from Liverpool and City as well and yet nothing has changed.

I like Wenger and I think he's a great manager but he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Would be great if he would learn from those mistakes but he never does that.

Suen

I would like to see Con Air but with football coaches playing the roles. I wonder what role Ancelotti, Pep, Mou, Moyes, Wenger, Simeone, Conte etc. would have then.

Mascot

If we don't win FA Cup I'm joining Wenger out train. Our performance on Saturday was pathetic and we should be able to do better than that with these players. And it's not like this was the first time this happened, we got similar results from Liverpool and City as well and yet nothing has changed.

I like Wenger and I think he's a great manager but he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Would be great if he would learn from those mistakes but he never does that.

I'd say the FA Cup was a shoo-in for Arse. They'd have to actively try NOT to win it with the teams that are left..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom