• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

AVB said:
I’ve always had success wherever I’ve been: with Academica I got to the semi-finals of the League Cup; with Porto I won 4 titles in 1 year; and at Spurs we finished the season with a club record points total.
AVB said:
When I didn’t finish the season with Chelsea, the club ended up winning the Champions League.

‘You have to give the players credit but I was the one who built the team’.
Mancini 2.0

L1NETT

The only plane Townsend should be on is the next flight to some nowhere Turkish club

Championship player, had 2 good months and everyone was spunking themselves

wedward

I'd love to see the first, but I imagine that would play into Mourinho's hands.

The second would be my choice. We've shown an incredible ability to soak up pressure this season. Use his own tactics against him.

I'd be happy with either. Even if the first doesn't work, at least it shows some desire.

I expect a combination of the two which results in us looking completely toothless.

Carbonox

wait sigurdsson is playing? i had no idea

ahahahaahah

did anyone else know?

did the commentators?

did sherwood?

LOL too easy

up the benficans

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ah well. This is what happens when you have no defenders.

We played very well until that moment.

Carbonox

a relegation-threatened newcastle was better against benfica

a relegation-threatened newcastle

a relegation-threatened newcastle

Ushojax

Good old Spurs

Camped outside Benfica's box for a good 5 minutes, next thing you know, the game has escaped them.

You saw the team sheet, this XI is never going to be able to defend a cross like that. Lennon has to do better to block that ball.

Salvadora

I'd be happy with either. Even if the first doesn't work, at least it shows some desire.

I expect a combination of the two which results in us looking completely toothless.
See, I'm in two minds.

Our ability to sit back and counter-attack is seriously hampered by missing Ramsey, Ozil & (especially) Walcott. We're a team with no pace. On the other hand, going at it in the first twenty minutes is difficult because we're so toothless up front. So even if we do make some chances, I've no confidence in Giroud to finish them.

wedward

See, I'm in two minds.

Our ability to sit back and counter-attack is seriously hampered by missing Ramsey, Ozil & (especially) Walcott. We're a team with no pace. On the other hand, going at it in the first twenty minutes is difficult because we're so toothless up front. So even if we do make some chances, I've no confidence in Giroud to finish them.

Agree. If we score its going to come from Santi, Rosicky or Ox.

It would be great if Wenger's 1000th game for Arsenal was also the game that ended Mourhino's home unbeaten streak.

Ushojax

Eh, I thought we did well enough until the goal. Most important thing now is not to capitulate, when you consider that Sandro, Fryers and Sigurdsson are all playing unnatural positions we've coped well so far.

Eh, I thought we did well enough until the goal. Most important thing now is not to capitulate, when you consider that Sandro, Fryers and Sigurdsson are all playing unnatural positions we've coped well so far.

you've been capitulating for a week now, Usho. this ended at WHL. only point of this match is to watch rare footage of Tactics Tim in suit and tie.

Ushojax

you've been capitulating for a week now, Usho. this ended at WHL. only point of this match is to watch rare footage of Tactics Tim in suit and tie.

Obviously the tie is over, I just hope we can try and get a draw.

L1NETT

Piers Morgan challenging Clarkson to a £100k 5 round boxing match. Calling him fatboy

God I love the internet.

bjaelke

MassiveNauticalGraysquirrel.gif

Gerrard blows his nose just before drinking from the bottle. You can pinpoint the exact moment Brendan realizes he has Gerrard's mucus all over his hand :lol

Marc

Wow, those AVB quotes... I think the Premier League broke him.

As for Piers Morgan, Clarkson should take up the offer and I am sure every fighter in the world will offer their services to him on how to smash that cunt up. Would pay a lot of money to watch Piers gets curb stomped.

Plasma

Banned
As for Piers Morgan, Clarkson should take up the offer and I am sure every fighter in the world will offer their services to him on how to smash that cunt up. Would pay a lot of money to watch Piers gets curb stomped.

Or better yet get the Stig to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom