• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_7

These clubs have received the most money from transfers TO big 5 league teams. France is not included in the top 5 as Portugal is the 5th best league by UEFA's standards.

Yeah, thought France and Portugal were the other way round. Just clicked on the link and it says it also includes teams from non top 5 leagues so the way it was copied here is misleading.

These clubs have received the most money from transfers TO big 5 league teams. France is not included in the top 5 as Portugal is the 5th best league by UEFA's standards.

If the chart title is indeed accurate, it wouldn't include your Ibra and Thiago Silva transfer fees since France isn't in the top 5. It's a bit nebulous though.

I read an article not long ago in which they reported that we earned more than €200m from transfers in the past few years, so I guess they're counting them as well. Otherwise I can't think of other expensive transfers: 60m for Kakà in 2009, 15-20m for Pato last year and that's it. If you add those 60m from Ibra and Thiago (135-140m from those 4 players alone) then it's much more believable.

:(

Never did I think Madrid would be La Liga's Arsenal. Fortunately I don't support Serie A Arsenal, whichever team that might be in recent years (Napoli probably except they have their meltdown much earlier in the season)

It's terrible. Like, Arsenal, you kinda expected it to happen at some point even when they were 5 points clear or whatever and winning 2-0 every week.

But Madrid, under Ancelotti, with Barca&Atletico stumbling, conceding no goals, scoring at will, having already done the hard work in overhauling the lead Barca had from October. It was in your hands.

I'd say I'm sorry, but it would be disingenuous :p

dc89

inigofavourite.PNG

I hope he's just trollin'

Meier

Yeah, thought France and Portugal were the other way round. Just clicked on the link and it says it also includes teams from non top 5 leagues so the way it was copied here is misleading.

Where does it say that? I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, but I didn't see it listed anywhere in the PDF. There's a separate chart at the top which includes all of the amounts paid by teams in the top 5 during that period but I don't see anything that is related to the lower chart of transfer fees received being from all clubs.

Suen

It's terrible. Like, Arsenal, you kinda expected it to happen at some point even when they were 5 points clear or whatever and winning 2-0 every week.

But Madrid, under Ancelotti, with Barca&Atletico stumbling, conceding no goals, scoring at will, having already done the hard work in overhauling the lead Barca had from October. It was in your hands.

I'd say I'm sorry, but it would be disingenuous :p
My brain still hasn't accepted it, it refuses to accept it. Giving up the title in four days....it's really hard to take. I haven't hated the sport this much in a long while and every game I watch now is just self-torture. Clasico was the point of no return, even with the defeat there we still could win the league if Atletico dropped some points but Sevilla killed whatever little hope we had left. I still can't believe it. Respect to Sevilla though, they won fair and square, didn't cheat to win.

My brain still hasn't accepted it, it refuses to accept it. Giving up the title in four days....it's really hard to take. I haven't hated the sport this much in a long while and every game I watch now is just self-torture. Clasico was the point of no return, even with the defeat there we still could win the league if Atletico dropped some points but Sevilla killed whatever little hope we had left. I still can't believe it. Respect to Sevilla though, they won fair and square, didn't cheat to win.

You can't help yourself, can you? :p

Laters bruvs

Scum

People on gaming side making a huge deal out of devs leaving one studio for another... Jesus.
Goes to show how many of them are stuck in a gaming bubble and have no clue about the world outside.

I do live alone and got a bit of debt, won't get over 3k euros though unless I decide to become augmented and my insurance don't cover it or something.

But wii u is next gen! Did you not see super mario?
Wooden, pls. What's so next gen about these consoles nowadays? Their techs are already dead.

Meier

The teams which are highlighted in green are "Non big-5 league clubs".
Says so right below the table even if it is wrong since Portugal is actually in the top 5 instead of France.

That doesn't mean it's including figures sold to clubs outside the top 5. They're just highlighting those who aren't in it in their chart. Good point about Porto and Benfica being highlighted though -- they must obviously be including France in the top 5 which would explain the figures for AC Milan.

faridmon

Blackpool: Apostolos Vellios signs on loan from Everton

Blackpool have completed the signing of Everton striker Apostolos Vellios on loan for the remainder of the season.
The 22-year-old has yet to appear for the Premier League side this season.
The Greece Under-21 international, who joined Everton from Iraklis in 2011, last played competitively for the Toffees in January last year, when he featured in a 0-0 draw with Swansea.
The striker is eligible to make his Blackpool debut when they face promotion-contenders QPR on Saturday.

I really hope, he isn't forgotten by Martinez. He has talent, but MOyes have impacted his growth :/

Meier

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/845631406.gif?1395873326[IMG]

Do it Moyes[/QUOTE]

Can't imagine Rakitic or Alberto being there next season. I wonder if someone will swoop for Bacca as well? Porto would be smart to get him (probably buy half his rights if they did) if they sell Jackson and if Sevilla don't want 30+.

LTWheels

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26766095

The first Cybathlon, an Olympics for bionic athletes, will take place in Switzerland in October 2016.

The event will include a race where competitors control an avatar via a brain interface.

There will also be races for competitors wearing prosthetic limbs and exo-skeletons.

Hosted by the Swiss National Competence Center of Research, it is hoped the competition will spur interest in human performance-enhancing technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom