• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I think Wenger is gone at the end of the season. Are we really supposed to believe he hasn't had time to sign a contract? Come on.

He should leave. Win the FA cup and he gets to go out on a high. Lose the FA cup and his position is untenable.

Jarnet87

It's not about the formation. City played 4-4-2 earlier in the season and it was fine. Atletico have played 4-4-2 a lot this season.

It's the personnel.

We don't have good enough central midfielders to forfeit the extra man. We play number tens or strikers on the wings.

4-4-2 is shit with our players, not shit as a blanket rule.

We could play the 4-4-2 effectively with the squad we had, but it would require us playing much further up the pitch as a whole, plus much more pressing and a faster tempo of play.

Wilbur

Banned
We could play the 4-4-2 effectively with the squad we had, but it would require us playing much further up the pitch as a whole, plus much more pressing and a faster tempo of play.

Tactics then, which is lack of pressing and speed. We could play any formation and that would be the same.

The 4-2-3-1 against West Ham worked because Young stretched play while Mata and Shinji were on the same wavelength, Fletcher and Fellaini won the ball off less than brilliant players, and because we could play on the counter away from home. That's tactics, not formation.

Jarnet87

Tactics then, which is lack of pressing and speed. We could play any formation and that would be the same.

The 4-2-3-1 against West Ham worked because Young stretched play while Mata and Shinji were on the same wavelength, Fletcher and Fellaini won the ball off less than brilliant players, and because we could play on the counter away from home. That's tactics, not formation.

Yes, it's Moyes not having a clue that is having us back. At least at Everton he had some sort of plan for how he wanted his team to play.

Wait, Zenit isn't doing like shit right now, they're second?

Fuck me, after all your comments and getting a new manager I thought they'd be in deep shit.

I really deserve my username. :(

We had one win in 12 games under Spalletti. It certainly wasn't pretty. He alienated like half the squad culminating with us being forced to send arguably our best player out on loan :(

Still compared to the 90s this is like a GOAT season, when you said hero to zero it brought images of lower division football to my mind. Certainly not that bad.

faridmon

I predilection we would be at 10th place by the end of the seasons.

I think I should predict 5th next season which will be the cause for netting us the League!

Jarnet87

looked for Gundogan news, saw nothing about the injury being career ending. Express has a story that Barcelona sent their head doctor to meet Gundogan in Germany. United are already dead.

looked for Gundogan news, saw nothing about the injury being career ending. Express has a story that Barcelona sent their head doctor to meet Gundogan in Germany. United are already dead.

He does deny it for good reasons, but there has been talk about it for quite some time... Apparently his back is proper fucked.

faridmon

Wwo, when people tend to analyse things, they always show the bad side of things and multiply it by 10. Just reading The Anime thread (I don't post there anymore) makes me quite frustrated, I know its opinion and all, but...

Chuunibyou is not that bad of a show. Unless you take everything seriously and just complain about how this wasn't supposed to happen this was because of MORALS.

FootballFan

Wwo, when people tend to analyse things, they always show the bad side of things and multiply it by 10. Just reading The Anime thread (I don't post there anymore) makes me quite frustrated, I know its opinion and all, but...

Chuunibyou is not that bad of a show. Unless you take everything seriously and just complain about how this wasn't supposed to happen this was because of MORALS.

I've never heard of chuunibyou but sucks to hear you don't post in the anime thread anymore.

Hope I don't make you feel unwelcome here mate.

Btw I watched btooom the other week. Was pretty good. Where the hell is season 2

Carbonox

Started Game of Thrones. 3 episodes in. Show is amazing and quite gripping.

When I'm older I want to be Khal Drogo.

If Lena Headey was my sister I'd fuck her too.

I want Peter Dinklage to be my wingman on nights out (or I will be his, I can be flexible).

FootballFan

I want Peter Dinklage to be my wingman on nights out (or I will be his, I can be flexible).

Nice! Try to catch up before season 4 starts.

I might be biased but to me there's a difference in being a dick in a majorly UK or US thread/forum/whatever.

There's a lot of dicks here in FootballGAF but at least there's some sort of camaraderie about it. When it's a mostly US based gaffers thread, the dickery is pretty volatile.

FootballFan

I might be biased but to me there's a difference in being a dick in a majorly UK or US thread/forum/whatever.

There's a lot of dicks here in FootballGAF but at least there's some sort of camaraderie about it. When it's a mostly US based gaffers thread, the dickery is pretty volatile.

It's part of the #Bantz attitude.

Herr K

Banned

Moyes sits the Iron Throne by the end. Allegri is the captain of the Shitsguard.

LegoArmo

Cultural difference. Being a dick in the UK is standard, the more of a dick you are to someone, the more likely they're your friend. Other countries seem to be a lot more easily offended.

Yes, it's Moyes not having a clue that is having us back. At least at Everton he had some sort of plan for how he wanted his team to play.

This. He is putting people on the pitch hoping it works out. His post match interviews are "I don't know what else to do". I know what you can do... QUIT!

LegoArmo

United haven't finished below 3rd in 20 some years, but Moyes thinks Ferguson would have struggled too this year. Fuck that guy.

Admittedly, Chelsea, City and Liverpool are having great seasons, but he would have finished above Arsenal, Everton and Spurs, surely.

Bj2PU0EIUAAgSHW.jpg:large

Mr Tate is brilliant.

My style is actually everything I think Manchester United have done in the past

"Let's go for a ride."

ibf7y0ZIjKaFQ2.gif

Someone should photoshop Fergeh's face into Jesse James. Make Moyseh Ed Miller.

Jack cw

Wait. I'm hearing chatter that Gundogan's Injury might be career ending? Dortmund GAF?
It's not the best sign if Barca sends out their own medical staff to check his state. He and Dortmund are silent about his injury, because they apparently can't tell what causes the inflammation in his back. WC is already out of the question, this season as well and I seriously doubt he could get well, to endure a season with 60+ matches.

I don't understand why SAF has made some pretty shitty buys in his last few years in the club though. Ashley Young, Cleverley, Valencia, and to a certaint extent Smalling all have been pretty disappointing first team players.

I don't understand why SAF has made some pretty shitty buys in his last few years in the club though. Ashley Young, Cleverley, Valencia, and to a certaint extent Smalling all have been pretty disappointing first team players.

Valencia was great before last season. There's a reason why he was our player of the year in 2012. I like Smalling too. It's not his fault he has to play as a rb where he's rubbish.

I agree with Young. I never wanted him and I made it clear at the time of his purchase. Cleverley wasn't bought though as he's a youth product.

Salazar

Cleverley joined us at the age of 12, and Valencia has intermittently been a cosmos-busting god of football.

Young is trash we should never have got involved with. Smalling is a mug and I don't care if he makes it or not.

Could be worse

AZhpufy.jpg

We were too good to be relegated under a competent manager. What a nightmare reign. Came into a toxic atmosphere, left a vitriolic one.

Sometimes I think 'maybe we were a bit harsh on him, I'm sure he did his best and it's not his fault Rafa got sacked' then I remember some of the shite he came out with and the tactics he employed, and smh.

We were too good to be relegated under a competent manager. What a nightmare reign. Came into a toxic atmosphere, left a vitriolic one.

Sometimes I think 'maybe we were a bit harsh on him, I'm sure he did his best and it's not his fault Rafa got sacked' then I remember some of the shite he came out with and the tactics he employed, and smh.

I miss that Liverpool era. Every week, "Lolerpool."

ibkt5dluWV9zPx.gif

I can't remember the last time I used this image.

I miss that Liverpool era. Every week, "Lolerpool."

ibkt5dluWV9zPx.gif

I can't remember the last time I used this image.

Think they said on FW that we just need 3 wins to guarantee 4th. I don't want to be out of the CL any more. It's shit.

Do we know what time the flyover is happening? Balls to watching an entire stream of you lot beating VIlla 2-0 just in anticipation of it :p

Wonder how much Gerrard would celebrate winning the league. Genuinely think it'd obliterate any regrets he has over not joing Chelsea.

WJD

I genuinely thought I was being overly pessimistic when I said I would be happy with "top 4 and a decent cup run" this season. It's a travesty that such a grounded prediction has turned out so far off the mark.

Thats what they want you to think, Milch. But it's over.

I don't have too much hope for Gündogan to return and be amazing again.

But that said, I really don't think it's career ending. Watzke is still talking about Gündogan signing a new contract, he wouldn't do that if it was over for Ilkay.

Thats what they want you to think, Milch. But it's over.

This is justice for the larceny of the Armenian. Well, that and the fact he's turned out to be shit anyway while we have mounted a title challenge without him, and scored a fuck-tonne of goals.

@WJD, wasn't everyone having a go at you when you said that, Mancs and non-Mancs alike?

Blablurn

tumblr_n35o8xNf3X1rio24wo1_250.gif
tumblr_n35o8xNf3X1rio24wo2_r1_250.gif

Thomas Müller signs David Alaba’s shirt during a interview with FCB.TV

tumblr_n35nvcI4fH1t798fdo2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n35nvcI4fH1t798fdo1_r1_250.gif

Mario Mandzukic is wishing Felix Neureuther *alles Gute* for his birthday

tumblr_n35n4zjSR41qgmhjro2_250.gif
tumblr_n35n4zjSR41qgmhjro1_250.gif

Schweini with the new hairstyle. Pay attention, ManU. He is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom