• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why he would say that. He must have known it would end up with backpages like those.

He must be trying to manipulate some kind of situation but I have no idea what. His presser today sounded like he was putting pressure on them and that if they sack him they'll have made a mistake.

Complete mess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hahaha Mazzarri's gif is too good

I broached the 'Buffon is getting old, we need someone to replace him at Juve' subject with the guy and told him they fucking owe us for Isla. He said it wouldn't surprise him if a move to Juve happened.

So I pretty much signed Scuffet for Juve.
well you have to make up for signing Iaquinta somehow. NEVER FORGET! The triade of Blanc, Secco and Zabo!
Are the two Nymphomaniac movies any good? I tend to not give a shit / outright hate Von Trier films, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a couple of hours, if there was good stuff to be seen. If you know what I mean. Technicaliteh.
Of course it'll be shit. But bud is an expert on these kinds of movies usually so ask him on twitter. :p

Extremely caustic stuff from Duncan Castles on Moyes here:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/03/26/4711280/manchester-united-considering-moyes-replacements?ICID=HP_HN_1

Manchester United's senior hierarchy is “evaluating all possibilities” as it attempts to arrest the club's steep descent under David Moyes. Contrary to public statements that Sir Alex Ferguson's successor will definitely be granted at least a second season as manager, Moyes' dismissal is prominent among those possibilities.

Characteristic of such problems was Moyes instructing the team to employ a 4-3-3 formation against City at Old Trafford after preparing to play a 4-4-2 in pre-derby training sessions.

Amazing.

Barzul

I think Wenger is gone at the end of the season. Are we really supposed to believe he hasn't had time to sign a contract? Come on.

3Sixty

Y'know if it was just performances I'd have stuck with Moyes if i was United.

But the comments he comes out with.

Someone put him down.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guys I'm not even kidding but...after all these Moyes' pictures

I genuinely want to rewatch The Lord of the Rings

edit: Ugh 3 hours and 48 minutes? What the FUCK

arkon

guys I'm not even kidding but...after all these Moyes' pictures

I genuinely want to rewatch The Lord of the Rings

edit: Ugh 3 hours and 48 minutes? What the FUCK

You need to set aside a full day to do it. Maybe even two. Just to give you some recovery time.

pappe

Even when we had som3thing to play for our performanes were shit and players unmotivated now have nothing to play for in the league...

God help us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A full day? I wish I could :(

Fell asleep during the second one in theaters(1 of only 2 times I've done this) and never saw the third.

I fell asleep during King King. For the first time ever.

never even bothered watching it again. You failed me Peter Jackson.

Wilbur

Banned
I would never fall asleep watching Lord of the Rings you cunts

I fell asleep in the fifth Harry potter, and for large swathes of avatar

Fergie

Banned
Manchester United boss David Moyes is confident his team will be among the honours again this season even if they fail to land their transfer targets.

United have been unsuccessful in their pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, and appear unlikely to get the player.

Moyes is apparently interested in Everton duo Leighton Baines and Maroune Fellaini, although he has still to approach his former club regarding the duo.

And while Wayne Rooney is unsettled, he remains at Old Trafford, meaning only Paul Scholes has left the club this summer.

Moyes, preparing his team for Monday night's friendly against Kitchee FC in Hong Kong, insists he has great faith in the pool of players that strolled to the title last season.

"This is the squad that finished 11 points clear at the top of the league last season so I am confident in the squad," he said.

"But even without additions this squad will be tough opponents for any team - they will be looking at Manchester United.

"We know we will be challenged by everybody, every game we play."
;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"This is the squad that finished 11 points clear at the top of the league last season so I am confident in the squad,"

"But even without additions this squad will be tough opponents for any team - they will be looking at Manchester United.
tumblr_mxyuqhy9z21rnqolfo1_250.gif

I fell asleep in the fifth Harry potter
oh you're dead

tumblr_msovc8eHvG1rp1soxo1_400.gif

the skeleton is Hitcher

Clegg

Just seen the Moyes stuff. Not entirely sure what he's trying to accomplish with this seeing as Fergie did actually win the league with basically the same squad. It seems like he's backing himself into a corner.

First time I've thought he's beginning to crack.

K1LLER7

Good day of football tomorrow.

United v Vilaa @ 12.45
Arse v City @ 17.30
Athletic v Atletico @ 19.00
Madrid v Vallecano @ 21.00

Just seen the Moyes stuff. Not entirely sure what he's trying to accomplish with this seeing as Fergie did actually win the league with basically the same squad. It seems like he's backing himself into a corner.

First time I've thought he's beginning to crack.
Not the same. Moyes now has Fellaini, Mata and Januzaj.

Wilbur

Banned
He's a fucking idiot. Did any of the journos pull his quotes at the start of the season? Would have loved to see his answer. His little goblin face all flustered.

Wilbur

Banned
y u gota b liek vat bb

The Potter films are utter dirge tbf. Don't capture the whimsical atmosphere of Hogwarts at all, and Michael Gambon/directors makes for the shittest Dumbledore imaginable

The books are GOAT, especially HBP

Yeah I can't remember particularly enjoying any of the potter films, even the much vaunted Azkaban. Some of the adult actors are good though, especially Fiennes. He's good fun to watch.

Books are GOAT. Can always go back and read them.

Anyone around my age read the Darren Shan books when they were younger? I love them.

qindarka

Banned
3rd was a perfectly reasonable prediction. Don't think even the most optimistic United hater could have predicted a season like this.

loooooooooool FUCK

dunno why you're acting all big man, you still owe me twenty quid

agree with Qin; don't think anyone here predicted United finishing less than fifth, probably fourth. I thought third at best, fourth at worst. It kills me.

Well I remember making a post saying I thought United could drop out of the top 4, at least in the first season without Frogman, can't find it :(

I thought Spurs had strengthened enough to knock bump United out.

Found that though and went from there, it's so funny to read those few pages now.

Wilbur

Banned
I predicted this kind of shitty season for United last season... But clearly underestimated Ferguson even with a shitty squad.

Truly the greatest of all time after RDM

Well I remember making a post saying I thought United could drop out of the top 4, at least in the first season without Frogman, can't find it :(

I thought Spurs had strengthened enough to knock bump United out.

Found that though and went from there, it's so funny to read those few pages now.

No please it isn't. Nothing is funny anymore. I have lost my lust for life.

Jarnet87

Who knows what the fuck Moyes will throw out as a lineup tomorrow. We went from a nice 4-2-3-1 against West Ham, to a completely useless 4-3-3 set up with Cleverly and Fellaini working in wide areas. My guess.

THE 4-4-2 !

Wilbur

Banned
It's not about the formation. City played 4-4-2 earlier in the season and it was fine. Atletico have played 4-4-2 a lot this season.

It's the personnel.

We don't have good enough central midfielders to forfeit the extra man. We play number tens or strikers on the wings.

4-4-2 is shit with our players, not shit as a blanket rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom