• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Football fans are facing massive traffic disruption as they travel to today's match at Old Trafford due to an incident involving an overturned lorry.

This fucking game, lol

Should be a routine stomping, but mysterious forces are converging to make it something special

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Buttner; Young, Fellaini, Fletcher, Kagawa; Mata, Rooney.

Some good, some bad, some very bad.

Arnie

Class of '92 in charge of the playlist

Fixed.

Going to have the rest of my curry with football focus. Then I'll watch United. Then I'll play Infamous and Tomb Raider for a bit.

Mate text me before asking me to come and join the gym with him.

nah yer alrite

Clegg

Probably just putting Wilson in the wider squad to give him some experience. But if he's named on the bench of anything then it's a pretty transparent move on Moyes part. 'Look guys, we've an old squad but I'm fixing it!'

Salazar

Probably just putting Wilson in the wider squad to give him some experience. But if he's named on the bench of anything then it's a pretty transparent move on Moyes part. 'Look guys, we've an old squad but I'm fixing it!'

#mufc subs: Amos, Giggs, Chicharito, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck, Januzaj.

Adnan on for Young, one hopes. Best to just act as if Nani isn't there.

Wilbur

Banned
This fucking game, lol

Should be a routine stomping, but mysterious forces are converging to make it something special

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Buttner; Young, Fellaini, Fletcher, Kagawa; Mata, Rooney.

Decent team. Get rid of Butty and it's alright. For all the shit that I gave young last week, he did stretch play enough so that Kagawa could come inside and do some shit

Fixed.

Going to have the rest of my curry with football focus. Then I'll watch United. Then I'll play Infamous and Tomb Raider for a bit.

Mate text me before asking me to come and join the gym with him.

nah yer alrite

i herd dat u get subsidised gym membership wiv ur work

Why don't you go

I've got a davina McCall exercise bike, I don't need to

Marc

Moyes actually said Fergie would struggle as well?

Fuck me, this guy is asking to be sacked.

Got Infamous finally the other day, my word is it a beautiful game, having a blast too... way more fun than I had with GTAV and the like and yet that game gets automatic 10/10's. I guess the Tennis and Yoga mini games really make a difference.

This fucking game, lol

Get rid of Rafael, Vidic, Buttner, Young, and Fellaini. lol

Salazar

Gary Neville ‏@GNev2 45s
In protest at the protest every united fan should sing DM name or boo for the entire stunt!!!

Christ, this is fucking childish. All of it.

Gary Neville ‏@GNev2 45s
In protest at the protest every united fan should sing DM name or boo for the entire stunt!!!

It's just embarrassing that this is even happening at our club. The entire things sums this season up.

K1LLER7

Rafael's one of the only ones that actually puts in a shift and cares. Love him.

I can understand why everyone else hates him, but I love him.
Player only united fans could like.

Not been at his best this season. But that's the same with everyone in this squad.

Glad we get to see Kagawa and Mata play. Doubt we'll see Shinji vs Bayern though

Wilbur

Banned
It's a shame because our fans have been fucking brilliant all season.

I know I'm knocking Moyes from my sofa (or currently on the tram - Arnie xoxo), but if I was in the stadium I wouldn't boo, and our fans deserve great credit for not doing so until the last week. This stunt's fucking nonsense bollocks though.

Marc

Gary Neville ‏@GNev2 45s

Haha, genius, he wants Moyes to devalue United more before coming in to buy it with oil backed money.

That is the only reasonable explanation. Civil 'war' amongst the fans is just what United need....

King_Moc

Banned
Got Infamous finally the other day, my word is it a beautiful game, having a blast too... way more fun than I had with GTAV and the like and yet that game gets automatic 10/10's. I guess the Tennis and Yoga mini games really make a difference.

I started infamous yesterday, it's good, but feels like it was made by Ubisoft or something. There's a lot of moving to a new area only to complete identical tasks to what you did in the previous one. Gameplay is very fun though.

Arnie

i herd dat u get subsidised gym membership wiv ur work

Why don't you go

I've got a davina McCall exercise bike, I don't need to

Because

a) it's 50% off Virgin Active which means you still have to pay £40 per month

and

b) All of the perks come out of an overall pot that befits your level, so if I were to get the membership I couldn't have my iPhone

and

c) there's a gym not far from me that costs £15 per month, innit

Because

and

b) All of the perks come out of an overall pot that befits your level, so if I were to get the membership I couldn't have my iPhone

and

Virgin active have ghd straighteners

Is that other gym called the gym

Wilbur

Banned
Player only united fans could like.

Not been at his best this season. But that's the same with everyone in this squad.

Glad we get to see Kagawa and Mata play. Doubt we'll see Shinji vs Bayern though

Might get to, considering Mata can't play. Welbeck, Rooney, Shinji and Valencia front four.

He cares a bit too much so he's a yellow card magnet and a penalty giver. I will say his motor is great.

Yeah he is a bit overzealous in his tackling :lol. Over hits crosses a lot as well, but he runs all day, is always providing options on the overlap, and actually fucking cares.

Was reading the other day something that surprised me; apparently Jonny Evans has only committed one foul in his last fifteen games or something. I'm sure that was the fact, I'll go look for it (Michael Cox on twitter), but he has a reputation for being a dirty cunt whereas he's actually got a really clean tackle/success rate.

It's a shame because our fans have been fucking brilliant all season.

I know I'm knocking Moyes from my sofa (or currently on the tram - Arnie xoxo), but if I was in the stadium I wouldn't boo, and our fans deserve great credit for not doing so until the last week. This stunt's fucking nonsense bollocks though.

Haha you don't deserve credit for shit. You've been used to winning stuff nearly every single season for the last 200 years or however long Froggie was in charge, and now you're already facing fan melt downs with fly over banners.

Wilbur

Banned
Because

and

and

40 quid and it's 50% off

What the fuck

This is why I don't go to gyms. I'm not spending 80 quid to sweat in front of attractive women unless I'm buying a prostitute.

Haha you don't deserve credit for shit. You've been used to winning stuff nearly every single season for the last 200 years or however long Froggie was in charge, and now you're already facing fan melt downs with fly over banners.

If only Mourinho got his wish and joined us, none of this would have happened.

Might get to, considering Mata can't play. Welbeck, Rooney, Shinji and Valencia front four.

Yeah he is a bit overzealous in his tackling :lol. Over hits crosses a lot as well, but he runs all day, is always providing options on the overlap, and actually fucking cares.

Was reading the other day something that surprised me; apparently Jonny Evans has only committed one foul in his last fifteen games or something. I'm sure that was the fact, I'll go look for it (Michael Cox on twitter), but he has a reputation for being a dirty cunt whereas he's actually got a really clean tackle/success rate.

That suggests to me that Evans doesn't care or every tackle is in the penalty area, which I'm sure isn't true. I've never thought of him as being dirty. Fellaini is dirty. Rafa is dirty. Evans? Nah.

Blablurn

Bj5Js9SIEAAYb71.jpg:large

Munich is ready for the champions

Salazar

Was "We want our Chelsea back" really so long ago ?

Was "We want our Chelsea back" really so long ago ?

No? The funny part is all the same United supporters pointing fingers now calling for Moyes head. I would have liked to see your reaction if that fat cunt got in charge of you after Moyes.

If only Mourinho got his wish and joined us, none of this would have happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, thinking you are still a big attractive club to good managers.

Wilbur

Banned
No? The funny part is all the same United supporters pointing fingers now calling for Moyes head. I would have liked to see your reaction if that fat cunt got in charge of you after Moyes.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, thinking you are still a big attractive club to good managers.

Can't wait until we get pep #miasanmia

Who’s to Blame for the Collapse of Manchester United?

Absolutely ridiculously comprehensive and well written article on Moyes and Ferguson.

Since a manager now has so little time to earn the respect of his team, it’s more important that he has their respect from the moment he walks through the door. The only way to command instant respect from a group of champion footballers is to have won at least as much in the game as they have.

If status in football depends on trophies, then when Moyes called his first meeting with the Manchester United first team, the new boss was the most junior man in the room.

Since Ferguson spent his life studying the mechanics of power, it’s surprising that he apparently believed he could bestow the necessary authority upon Moyes by decree, simply because he liked him...

It’s tempting for successful people to flatter themselves that they are successful because they are, at heart, good. Alex Ferguson is not a sentimental man, but maybe he began to sentimentalize aspects of his own mythology. He may have started to believe that the roots of his success lay in his solid Scottish values, his honest, working-class ethics. Maybe when he looked at Moyes, his fellow Scotsman, he saw some of the qualities that he liked to see in himself.

Jarnet87

good lineup for United today, basically the same team that played against West Ham. This is the team that should have played against City for the most part. I'm fine with Buttner at LB. I've been calling for him to play over Evra for weeks now. Buttner is not very good but Evra is going to leave so we need to give Buttner a run of games and find out whether we need to replace both of our left backs.

Shinji getting the start against Bayern makes too much sense so it will never happen. He is after all the only player on our team who is familiar with playing against Bayern.

Of course they are a big attractive club to good managers. Look at their revenue. It's a rebuilding project but if they just played attractive football with a good manager and a core of about 3 players(I don't rate the rest) with new signings, I don't see a reason why they don't jump back into top 4 in about 3 years. Heh.

Marc

I started infamous yesterday, it's good, but feels like it was made by Ubisoft or something. There's a lot of moving to a new area only to complete identical tasks to what you did in the previous one. Gameplay is very fun though.

It opens up more after the first couple of hours but yeah, it is an open world game so a fair amount of that as with any game. Although I really enjoy the little missions here, way more interesting than usual and the powers people have to fight against make it more unpredictable. I think I am like 30% completed, doesn't seem like it will be a long game but its pretty varied so far. Best PS4 game so far for me.

Still, the best open world game with random events and such is Red Dead. Nothing comes close.

Slizz

Over/Under - (3) - attempts at flair from Buttner

Evans is hurt, I'd rather he start the majority of our games at CB if he was healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom