• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

manager-david-moyes-shocked-2280617.jpg

Durex%20Lube%20Feel.JPG

All chances aside, I'd rather had played a different club than Madrid.

I mean sure, playing against Real is always a huge match but I wanna see us play Barca for years. United/Chelsea/PSG/Atlético would have been great as well.

I seriously can't wait to play Bayern. You guys thought you seen teams parking a bus? That shit is child's play for what Moyes will bring.

Clegg

He won't get fired if we go out to Bayern. They're the best team in Europe and we're a team in transition. We're expected to lose.

Please understand.

RaikuHebi

Banned
United are already dead.

Us and PSG will be tight but I think we edge it.

Barca-Athletico is the tightest game, I think Athletico will edge it.

Madrid will kill Dortmund.

Portugeezer

Dortmund really needs a splendid day and finish the first game 0-0...

0 - 0 would be awful for them.

I don't care what anyone says, but playing away in the second leg is an advantage due to knowing how much you can risk and what exactly you need, PLUS the away goal counting as double when tied.

Real Madrid have this, easy.

Wilbur

Banned
Barca/Atletico might be the least interesting one there, but it's the hardest to call I think. Man, PSG vs Chelsea is gonna be great too. Hope I get to watch enough of them.

And we'll be at home 1st or 2nd of April! Gonna need to book the time off work and try and sort hotels out ASAP if I get tickets, EEEEEEEEEEEK

Gonna book work off anyway so I can enjoy watching us get fisted

Mastadon

Banned
This is great for united. Anything that can get Moyes fired works.

Not going to happen. QF's was clearly the goal, and literally no one is expecting them to beat Bayern so when they do lose, it won't be damaging. You would have been better off drawing and losing to a lesser team, like Atleti.

RaikuHebi

Banned
0 - 0 would be awful for them.

I don't care what anyone says, but playing away in the second leg is an advantage due to knowing how much you can risk and what exactly you need, PLUS the away goal counting as double when tied.

Real Madrid have this, easy.

100% agree, however weirdly enough I believe stats favour 2nd home legs. But like you said, it's kind of like cricket. Batting 2nd is better because you know what you need. In the first leg away teams might not push as much for away goals since there's no pressure to get them.

Into

Moyesy is probably happy, because getting trashed by FC Germany is not the worst thing in the world.

They likely werent going to beat any other team than maybe Dortmund, feeder club to FC Germany as we all know

Marc

Bit boring the team match ups in terms of seeing it all before, PSG v Chelsea is the only really new match up.

Bayern v man u will be a massacre if they don't show United any respect.

And Real a pretty bad one. Lewa out is pretty huge. I hope for Reus to be in good shape and Aubemeyang working in defence. I cheer for BVB because la decima has to die.
Lewy being out in Madrid isn't that bad to be honest, would have been worse in the Westfalenstadion. An away goal from a counter in the first leg is all we need/can hope for. Auba as striker is actually a perfect fit for that match, would improve our defensive work as well.

Jack cw

Lewy being out in Madrid isn't that bad to be honest, would have been worse in the Westfalenstadion. An away goal from a counter in the first leg is all we need/can hope for. Auba as striker is actually a perfect fit for that match, would improve our defensive work as well.

Dont make such stupid mistakes as Schalke! Please! Real is beatable, their defence is vulnerable. Do it Milch!

Cappa

Banned

Defensively, Dortmund have been awful of late.... that doesn't bode well for them against the highest scoring team in the competition.

Pennywise

Aye, I hope Klopp brings Auba as striker and Großkreutz on the right wing to strengthen our defense on that side.

Mac_Lane

I don't know what to think about that draw. Sure, we don't have to face Bayern or Real, but Chelsea is gonna be some tough opposition. And I can't wait to see how Mou's gonna play it.

I think our biggest weakness is our wing-backs, especially on the right flank: Jallet or Van der Wiel aren't exactly top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom