• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Bayern!?

2LUyu9n.png

Defensively, Dortmund have been awful of late.... that doesn't bode well for them against the highest scoring team in the competition.
Well, playing with the same back four for just a week or two could help us. There are obviously problems because of that.

That said, Schmelzer out for 4 weeks :lol ;(

Wilbur

Banned
I honestly can't wait for Buttner against Robben, the Raumdeuter to investigate the colossal gaps Jones will be leaving, for Fellaini to fucking put Thiago on his arse in the first five seconds

OMG

Cappa

Banned
Dont make such stupid mistakes as Schalke! Please! Real is beatable, their defence is vulnerable. Do it Milch!

There defense has not been vulnerable for quite some games. In La Liga they've had 4 out of 5 shutouts in the past 5 matches.

And outside of Juventus in the Champions League no one has scored more than 1 against them.

Mac_Lane

Bit boring the team match ups in terms of seeing it all before, PSG v Chelsea is the only really new match up.

Bayern v man u will be a massacre if they don't show United any respect.

It happened before, 2004/2005 season, in the group phase.

We got beat 0-3 at home, now we have totake revenge for that humiliation :D

Into

Thank god Moyes Boys beat Olympiakos, i would not want to watch Olympiakos vs Bayern

Yeah sorry, but screw these smaller teams in general, i want to be entertained

What? How did you get to this conclusion?

They have a stronger, more solid midfield trio, CBs who can shackle your strikers quite comfortably, and players who are killers on the break. Ibra and Cavani won't waste many chances either.

Hazard could get at VDW though, and I think PSG may find it abit difficult to break down a parked bus, but they have the edge in this tie on paper.

Suen

Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid vs Dortmund
PSG vs Chelsea
Moyenius vs Bayern
Moyenius vs Bayern

Barca's defense is so weak and while they have good players in the rest of the positions I think their weak defense will be their downfall; they are weak against counters and teams who push strong and fast. Atletico has a very solid defense as well.

justjohn

I suppose it's fitting that Utd's last champions league tie for a quite a while will be against the best team in Europe. Will give them something to reminisce about in the long wilderness.

TrueBlue

Real talk: I think PSG are the favourites in our tie. Cavani and Ibra are a force to be reckoned with, and our defence will have to be really good for us to stand a chance.

I love the fact that Milan would've faced Barca AGAIN if we went through.

Anyway, I can see Bayern-Chelsea-Barca-Real to get to the semifinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom