• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh man if we went through... I mean, just imagine how funny that would be. Imagine how fucking funny that would be :loooooooooooool

Who is left in the Europa?

Juve
Porto
Basel
Valencia
Sevilla
Benfica
Lyon
Alkmaar

I think that's right.

justjohn

Real talk: I think PSG are the favourites in our tie. Cavani and Ibra are a force to be reckoned with, and our defence will have to be really good for us to stand a chance.
They haven't really played a single top team in the competition thus far. Their group was ridiculously easy and their 2nd round even easier. They will be playing against a team and manager who are seasoned veterans in this competition and know how to grind out a win.
Like I said, I'm quietly confident.

Can't wait for Zlatty to fuck Mourinho hard in the ass.

zlatanmoui5kdk.gif

It might be handicap betting time come matchday!

Chelsea
Bayern
Atletico
Real

Would leave the handicap out of Atleticos and Chelseas match!

TrueBlue

They haven't really played a single top team in the competition thus far. Their group was ridiculously easy and their 2nd round even easier. They will be playing against a team and manager who are seasoned veterans in this competition and know how to grind out a win.
Like I said, I'm quietly confident.

This is the team that pushed Barca close last year, and they've improved since then. They know how to turn it on when need be.

I'd argue we've had it quite easy thus far as well. Hell, we even lost to Basel twice in the group stages. I'm not saying we can't do it, but I think the odds are against us, if only slightly.

Jack cw

There defense has not been vulnerable for quite some games. In La Liga they've had 4 out of 5 shutouts in the past 5 matches.

And outside of Juventus in the Champions League no one has scored more than 1 against them.

Wait until you meet some proper oppostition. Barca, BVB, Bayern, PSG could all beat you.

Razor554

Can't wait for Atleti matches. The GOAT wasn't fit in any of the previous matches vs them this season.

Now the GOAT will be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom