• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Luke Shaw 27M pounds and an 85,000 week salary?

Moyes has turned us into Sheik City. At least no United fan can ever claim again that the Glazers are cheap fucks who went spend.

Search for malodrax and forever be entertained.

Oh he's that guy with the hilarious homemade sex doll. I never knew his name before.

Edit: Hahah he brought it to the fucking library?

RHCOfLb.jpg

faridmon

Just came back from Watching The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Its so bloody Weird, Random, and the story is just nonsense and silly, yet I loved it. The Ultimate Children film for the adults.

Wes Anderson have a peculiar style that always weird but just mindless fun.

jesalr

but Never sure on what Spurs team will turn up. Got to keep Eriksen quiet.

The one that can't play football. It's always that Spurs team. We'll start slow again, be 3-0 by the break. Put up a fight in the second half, but fade on 70 and concede a 4th.

jtb

Banned
Spurs have been awful in the big games this season, even worse than us. I'd love for Liverpool to drop points but I can't see it happening.

Fry

Kiss me fry

I got my eyes on you you're everything that I see

30th March 1964 - Liverpool beat Spurs 3-1 at home to go top of the league. Liverpool went on to claim their first league title under Bill Shankly.

50 years to the day.

Scum

Wait?! I can stream films and whatnot because I have Amazon Prime? Sure. Why not.

30th March 1964 - Liverpool beat Spurs 3-1 at home to go top of the league. Liverpool went on to claim their first league title under Bill Shankly.

50 years to the day.

image.php

I'll get jumped for saying this but if Liverpool don't win the league this season then they may not for a much while longer.

Yep.

GorillaJu

I'll get jumped for saying this but if Liverpool don't win the league this season then they may not for a much while longer.

Why would you get jumped for this? I think many fans feel the same way. We're the strongest we've been since 09 when we were 2nd and you guys won the league. We may not have this opportunity again for a while.

I'm just keeping my expectations in check. Palace and Arsenal have done us a huge favor but we're Liverpool, not Bayern Munich or Juventus. These long winning streaks are foreign to our inconsistent team. I don't expect us to win the league, but it's exciting to be up there and in that conversation. If we manage 4 points out of the Chelsea and City fixtures at Anfield, it'll make things really interesting

FootballFan

I can't believe we how badly we've fucked up over the last two weeks. It doesn't make sense and makes me sad.

At least you're not the only team that has screwed things up in the last 2 weeks. Just remember that as fast as things got shit, they can get better just as easy.

Hopefully Liverpool go all the way though.

Gerrard needs to celebrate and have a bar fight, just 1 more time.

Meier

That Gareth Bale goal.. that...that shouldn't have been possible in real life even against a lowly team like Rayo. And I guess Rayo isn't even completely terrible this year to make it that much better.

forget the goal. #23 stole the gif with that pass!

Isco is wasted there. :(

faridmon

It is a bit of a bogey ground for you, isn't it. :/

I think we have broken the ''bogey'' teams this season with Villa and Man United beaten at home.

Its more that we always slip up against the team in the relegation zone. Sunderland, Crystal Palace, West Brom, etc have gained a point or 3 from us.
Norwich as well as cardiff were hard wins.

Hitcher pls,

You are becoming the Fry of England. Stop changing teams constantly!

Vard

Why would you get jumped for this? I think many fans feel the same way. We're the strongest we've been since 09 when we were 2nd and you guys won the league. We may not have this opportunity again for a while.

I'm just keeping my expectations in check. Palace and Arsenal have done us a huge favor but we're Liverpool, not Bayern Munich or Juventus. These long winning streaks are foreign to our inconsistent team. I don't expect us to win the league, but it's exciting to be up there and in that conversation. If we manage 4 points out of the Chelsea and City fixtures at Anfield, it'll make things really interesting
The team is mostly quite young and intentionally designed to last and compete a long while though, which I think will be the case. Rodgers focuses on improving the performances all the time and money doesn't matter in the end if the team doesn't perform. The team are a little spotty at times, sure, but you can't really call the team inconsistent this season - at least not any more than Chelsea and City who have similar records this season. I don't know if we will win the league but I prefer the approach of taking every game as it comes and seeing where that takes us. We might drop some points, but Chelsea and City are still likely to do the same. It will be a crazy and entertaining next couple of months!

GQman2121

Banned
I'm honestly only concerned with City. We still go to Anfield, so we control Liverpool's season (is what I'm telling myself). It's City and these games they still have to play that I'm worried about. Well, that and the fact that we continue to drop points to lowly opposition. But if we can just win out and have City stumble again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom