• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Messi has scored more, assisted more and with the exception of a world cup has won more titles than any of the other aforementioned players and is only 27. Just because you can play a pass with your arse doesn't automatically qualify you as being a better player.

Messi can do the tricks and flicks (if you've ever seen him train) but doesn't bother doing them in games because more often than not they slow down the game and don't come off. For every Rabona that leads to a goal there are umpteen that don't. Messi is the best player of all time because he is brutally efficient at everything he does and he doesn't need to embellish it with showboating for YouTube videos and highlight reels. I've watched Rivaldo, Zidane, Baggio, OG Ronaldo and Messi is the best player I've ever seen and the most exciting to watch. And what really stands him out is his consistency. Those other players were great, but were far less consistent than Messi.

Only OG Ronaldo pre 98 WC could touch him. Maradona was as skilful as Messi but wasn't as good a finisher, wasn't as fast and allowed his private life to distract from his on field performances. And certainly wasn't as consistent. In addition Maradona was genuinely one footed. Messi's right foot is a lot better than he's given credit for.

Brilliant post

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I love that Brendan's just thrown every attacking player he's got out there, doesn't give a fuck with Sandro & Dembele on the bench.

We've pretty much done the same. It's going to be a silly match.

Interviewer: "What did you learn from watching home game against Liverpool back?"
Sherwood: "I haven't. Too scared to."

Amazing.

There's this thing called sarcasm...

Messi has scored more, assisted more and with the exception of a world cup has won more titles than any of the other aforementioned players and is only 27. Just because you can play a pass with your arse doesn't automatically qualify you as being a better player.

Messi can do the tricks and flicks (if you've ever seen him train) but doesn't bother doing them in games because more often than not they slow down the game and don't come off. For every Rabona that leads to a goal there are umpteen that don't. Messi is the best player of all time because he is brutally efficient at everything he does and he doesn't need to embellish it with showboating for YouTube videos and highlight reels. I've watched Rivaldo, Zidane, Baggio, OG Ronaldo and Messi is the best player I've ever seen and the most exciting to watch. And what really stands him out is his consistency. Those other players were great, but were far less consistent than Messi.

Only OG Ronaldo pre 98 WC could touch him. Maradona was as skilful as Messi but wasn't as good a finisher, wasn't as fast and allowed his private life to distract from his on field performances. And certainly wasn't as consistent. In addition Maradona was genuinely one footed. Messi's right foot is a lot better than he's given credit for.

I agree.

One thing I love about Messi is how is just goes on to get the ball when any other striker would take the chance to dive for a penalty. I'm a huge CR7 fan but Messi is by far the best offensive player I've seen. He just makes everything look easy.

Scum

I, for one, welcome our new Liverpudlian EPL Overloads.

Interviewer: "What did you learn from watching home game against Liverpool back?"
Sherwood: "I haven't. Too scared to."

Amazing.

i415XveqkT9Qw.gif

Suen

Great, Lazio goal right at the end. We deserve to lose, should have scored just a while ago but we play worse than a Serie B side so what can you expect. Not to mention the two other clear chances for goal earlier in the second half. We should have like 4-5 goals. Fuck off Parma.

GorillaJu

You guys are being way too dismissive. Spurs aren't a shit team, this will be a hard game for us, I mean for god sakes Sunderland gave us a good run out in mid-week and our boys are gonna be tired here.

Marc

Lee Cattermole is like Makelele mixed with Pirlo the yin and yang of the holding midfield role.

Ergo he is the player of his generation.

He should be England captain, will kick the shit out of all those pansy internationals.

Sherwood is going to put one over Liverpool today I am afraid, will definitely pull off some tactical genius that you're not quite sure was luck or what.

phaze

Gerrard deserves a PL title. Would be an fantastic end to an admirable career.

Make it entertain Spurs. One way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom