• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Llama

Has that rule not recently been scrapped?

If it hasn't and United put us out, I'm committing Seppuku.

Nope, it was actually made official after 2005 (since then, 4th placed Everton also got in; after that they changed it so 4th loses CL). CL winner would get the 4th place CL spot.

Portugeezer

ibv3laOj3PSgX0.gif

Elegant.

Fergie

Banned
banter aside

was a good game. well done united

I told you guys this team is good. just give moyes time.

he will build a great team next season.

looking forward to the next game.

<3 united fans
At least most Bayern fans believed us capable. <3

Even I didn't.

Clegg

Saw a replay of the Schweinsteiger sending off. He went in late and off his feet. Definite yellow. Stupid thing to do when you're on a yellow and the opposition are in their own box.

noal

Banned
banter aside

<3 united fans

Good game, good banter and all friends after; what footy is all about.

Elchele

Can't believe how Guardiola turned Heynckes' Bayern into this soulless piece of shit team. Depressing.

Please remove me from the supporters list until Guardiola gets sacked.

Is there a gif of the first goal? I missed it

K1LLER7

banter aside

<3 united fans
Bayern did better after Mandzukic came on. Needed to make the change earlier.

Robben is just a left-footed Valencia :p

leadbelly

Banned
United sat back too much. If you do that, all that happens is large chunks of the game go by, and before you know it there is no time left. I can understand them keeping tight and compact when Bayern are in their half, but Bayern were able to pass it out from the back far too easily. You'd get Rooney and Welbeck put pressure on the ball, but the midfield would just stand there, meaning they always had someone in space to pass it to. You need to press as a unit and force them to pass it long.

If United got in their face a bit more, I feel they could have had a chance to win this.

Saw a replay of the Schweinsteiger sending off. He went in late and off his feet. Definite yellow. Stupid thing to do when you're on a yellow and the opposition are in their own box.

Yup he really did deserve the yellow, even if Rooneys dive was pretty pathetic.

Can't believe how Guardiola turned Heynckes' Bayern into this soulless piece of shit team. Depressing.

LOL

thing is, youre not even wrong...

The best is yet to come, PSG vs Chelsea will be the best set of games, you will see.

MadHype

Hehe don't get your hope up too much. Mou will most likely be very defensive and play on the counters. Like United did today but hopefully actually better done.

Fergie

Banned
in the jungle

the mighty jungle

the lion sleeps tonight
:lol

Someone should edit that The Rock Hercules movie, the bit where he fights that huge lion and
comes out with his head
it was a draw yes, and most likely will lose in Germany but pls.

pulga

Banned

YES MOYES

That would make everything even more epic.

I went to Copenhagens stadium about 8 years ago to watch Metallica, they were supported by slipknot and lost prophet. This guy was getting fucking hammered through what he (rightfully) clearly thought was shit with the warmup and by the time Metallica went on he was sleeping in a seat. Watching his reaction as he woke up near the end of their set was one of the most hilarious things ever.

valencia's foul should have been a red too.

Yeah probably.

Splatt

valencia's foul should have been a red too.

I think the ref didn't have a good look at that situation and just chalked it up to Valencia being overzelaous in his attempt to get the ball back.

But yeah, it defiantly should have been a 2nd yellow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Jupp we finally agree on something <3

Meier

Was a clear sending off (for a second yellow) the moment Schweini went in there. Always going to be a yellow, especially when you've committed a few fouls. Rooney laid it just far enough out that he knew he'd bite at it and go for the tackle too. It was a very smart play.

Possession must have been far more equal in the 2nd half. Can barely remember any tiki-taka from Bayern, let alone 30 minutes of it non-stop.

spidye

calma bro

it's just our typical cl game where guardiola tries to play it safe for whatever stupid reason.

this team is pretty good. just not in the cl games

Got to take that result.

Want to say I feel like we would have done better with Januzaj and Kagawa from the start...

But hey, 1-1 in our state against Bayern is alright. Sad to see us play football like that, don't wanna be all high and mighty but it's a big stage and we're playing long ball aimless football, it's not how it should be.

Bayern were pretty sluggish. They keep looking sluggish to me. You think they will just smooth it out and get into gear when they have to but hey maybe not. As ever you think there's one team who is just too good for the others but perhaps not.

Might be out last CL game at OT for some time that. Glad it was against Bayern, best of the European giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom