• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Coutinho any good?

When he's good, he's exceptional and has a quite brilliant through ball and dribble on him. When he's bad, he's more trouble to us than he is to the other team as he just passes it to their feet, from positions where he'd have to nutmeg about 3 players for the ball to reach it's target. I'd hoped he'd replicate his form from last season this year, but it just hasn't happened tbh

He has a telepathic relationship with Sturridge, but hasn't really sparked with Suarez or Sterling yet.

I'd say he's at the right club for his development, since he's not quite there yet to get enough minutes for a team with a bigger squad

Oh, Sir Chesney.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There is absolutely no reason that should have gone in

Hixx

Chesney

50lol21b74.gif

i can't think of a single Arsenal player that would start for Benfica. on the other hand, Rodrigo up front and Garay on the back would save them some embarrassments.

I've been thinking about the Gibbs-Ox situation and I have found a solution. Maybe players should be numbered so that the referee can tell the players apart. Maybe they could even write the name of the player on the shirt. Blatter, I await my cheque.

jesalr

Thats a shit rule then and I dont have any sympathy for him because it was fucking stupid thing to do.

Edit: To add to that, I also think that the rules are completely unfair to the teams who the fouls are against. It was a deliberate attempt by Ox to cheat and stop us gaining any possible advantage from that situation. As I said before in my long ass post about Demichellis I think it was when City played Barcelona, no-one put a gun to Ox's head to do it.

Its like all the supporters of abolishing the last man rule, its all said to suit their own teams and not the team who are being wronged and denied an opportunity they worked for. You take down a last man, you deserve a red, you deserve the suspension and you deserve the play the rest of the match without that player. Dont like it, dont foul, dont handball. Obviously its different if it wasnt a handball or a foul but also the idea of "ruining a big match" is rubbish too.

I don't get how it's completely unfair. If it was going in, then you get the penalty to reinstate your goal, and a red as punishment to Arsenal. If it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity (which it wasn't), then Chelsea get a penalty when if the action hadn't happened, it would have been an Arsenal goal kick.

Either way, that's 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom