• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bearded Genius is a funny guy on twitter, but something is lost in the transfer to newspaper blogs. Like he doesn't have the momentum to sustain a longer article and his ideas aren't given enough time to develop.

He's right about Magawa (Kata?) though.

Since we're talking about Twitter: Boring James Millner is the best account out there.

Oh, Tim.

AMJTNW4.png

Wes

venison crêpe
I said Sherwood next season to Norwich last night! I should put money on that. On a related note saw this on Guardian comments:

Chris Hughton's last fourteen games: 13 points
(7 losses, 4 draws, 3 wins. 10 goals for, 20 against)

Here's the record that will see Pardew get a bonus:

Alan Pardew's last fourteen games: 13 points
(9 defeats, 1 draw, 4 wins. 9 goals for, 27 against)

L1NETT

I'd be very surprised if another club gave Robin of Sherwood another go as a manager.

Actually wait, just checked the Norwich club store and...

hooded-gilet-black-1_440_440_140402022453.jpg

LUMP ON PEOPLE

jesalr

I'd be very surprised if another club gave Robin of Sherwood another go as a manager.

Actually wait, just checked the Norwich club store and...

hooded-gilet-black-1_440_440_140402022453.jpg

LUMP ON PEOPLE

He's not a bad manager, but he's not experienced and still learning. I can imagine him at Spurs B... err... Swindon...

Walshy

If I was a Spurs fan, I'd want Levy gone too.

Seems to get the praise for signing the likes of Bale as if he pushed it through, whilst getting praise for being such a tough negotiator. However, he rarely gets criticized for undermining Spurs summer dealings by holding on for an extra million. He's done it with Berbatov, Bale and Modric in the past and it's detrimental to their season by not getting a full pre-season.

Also, he hasn't got near as enough criticism for his appointment of Baldini and the dross which he brought in throughout last summer.

Rodger's Army and the Army of Golden Oil in the battle of Anfield

This.

This is what will happen on a grand scale if Liverpool win the title.
Read that before.

It's absolutely tragic.

I'm not even sure why Sherwood was put in charge for so long anyway. I can only imagine he has some private information about Levy which he was using to blackmail him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Poor Tim

He tried everything

And Bentaleb

Promoting Bentaleb was one of his good ideas, boy is going to be class. Fantastic technique and great range of passing, in 4 months he's gone from the Tottenham U21s to playing for Algeria at the World Cup.

What Sherwood did wrong is thinking he could do Sandro/Capoue's job, when Bentaleb played in a midfield 3 at Newcastle he shat on them, but he needs more secure players around him. Playing him with Dembele/Sigurdsson is just dumb.

If I was a Spurs fan, I'd want Levy gone too.

If you were a Spurs fan you would understand just how handicapped we are by our stadium and revenue compared to the other top clubs. Levy has his flaws but he has got us in a position to compete for a CL spot which we have no right to do when you look at our wages. We pay our squad 40% less than even Liverpool.

What I want from Levy now is to stop selling our best players, no matter the noise from them or their agents. Modric, Van Der Vaart, Bale, their departures have made the team worse and sapped morale, we need to keep our best players if we want to compete this season. If LVG comes in then Vertonghen will get a boot up his anus and go back to being class.

Wilbur

Banned

Clegg

Arsenal have acquired 11 points in their last 11 league games. That must be as bad a collapse as we've seen from them.

Everton have 22 points from their last 11 league games. Moyes Boys have 20 points.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal have acquired 11 points in their last 11 league games. That must be as bad a collapse as we've seen from them.

Everton have 22 points from their last 11 league games. Moyes Boys have 20 points.

They haven't been good since Walcott got injured but they'll still get 4th, their run-in is laughably easy and Everton still have 3 horrid fixtures to come (United, City, Southampton).

I hope Everton keep going but they'll probably draw 2 of those games and that will be that.

phaze

Jeez that's an absolutely terrible string of games.

RIP Sherwood you were always a colorful presence at the sidelines.

Clegg

Naxto Monrael isn't really much of an improvement on Andre Santos is he? That's just incredible when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom