• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

It pains me to say it, but you MUST win. We can't be having Liverpool win the league, at all.

Give us your sword, bow and axe.

You sly cat.

...:D

Naw I'm sure you'll sneak an extra goal in with help from the refs.

Btw, how many slaves are your Qatari overlords going to be using for the renovation of the Etihad?

1 - they are not Qatari.
2 - Laing O’Rourke Group are building the expansion. I assure you their work force is responsibly sourced.

Jack cw

Damn, I just read that Shaqiri is injured again and is out for weeks... Our roster gets smaller. Missing: Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Shaqiri, Contento...
90 minutes for Robben and Ribery.

bjaelke

Edit: You fuckin cunt. Ah well, it's worth it.

OYwM1ZR.jpg

dc89

Manchester City Football Club is delighted to announce a new partnership with TRX, the world leader in functional training and the company responsible for pioneering the TRX Suspension Trainer® and Rip™ Trainer.

As part of the deal, the Club will continue to use TRX equipment in Manchester City’s fitness regimes, in addition to the introduction of tailored TRX training programmes.

Designed to sustain excellent health, on-pitch performance and fitness levels, the TRX programmes will be adopted by City’s First Team and Academy players.

Stars such as Pablo Zabaleta, James Milner, Fernandinho and Alvaro Negredo will work-out using a range of TRX equipment, combined with personalised TRX training programmes, as part of their daily routine to improve endurance, strength, agility, flexibility and balance. All of which are key requirements in professional football.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/April/TRX-announcement

Be gone FFP. Be gone.

P.S - our tank is going to get tankier.

Linius

aKjLNmZ.jpg

This fella is posting a Dutch football forum. I just learned we will most likely win the league this year because of the KNVB. Last three years were because Vitesse wasn't allowed to win the league. So we'll have to do it a fifth now to prove we can do it our selves.

Jack cw

:/

I hope they got some better ideas this time.

Well, tbh our form isnt very good. Ribery and Müller are underwhelming and the pace from midfield is to slow. I dont know why Pep isnt playing with the starting eleven more regualary. Its like every game has another starters. Thats the difference to Heynckes, he started basically the whole season with the same squad. THis experimenting is getting a bit out of hand. First the change from double 6 to only one DM only to return to it. Then the switches of the strikers and Müller becoming CF and is totally wasted. Its not something big but in summary those changes made us slow and completely took away any penetrating power. To many passes that resulted in nothing.

Mourinho broke Sahin. It's not our fault. Though I said it jokingly earlier, some of the complaints DortmundGaf had regarding Sahin were things Rodgers was apparently trying to coach him.

Reus hates Bayern so don't even start Bla. I'm sorry.

Sahin just shouldn't have left Dortmund that early. He was excelling at Klopp's kind of counter attack football, in which he was the key player. Something that just wouldn't work at Madrid. He hardly played for a year and obviously had no confidence left when he arrived at Liverpool. He should have developed with us, the opposing teams were getting more defensive minded against us and that would have helped him a lot. At least he improved his defensive work, he was basically useless before he left lol

How does Reus hate Bayern? He'd play there already if we hadn't been that successful in the last few years.

Jack cw

How does Reus hate Bayern? He'd play there already if we hadn't been that successful in the last few years.

I'm afraid that if Bayern notices that Ribery gets older, they go for Reus again. I hate it that we basically bought the whole Dortmund offense because we missed the right time to go for a player like Hazard or Bale.

Blablurn

I'm afraid that if Bayern notices that Ribery gets older, they go for Reus again. I hate it that we basically bought the whole Dortmund offense because we missed the right time to go for a player like Hazard or Bale.

to be fair, reus was bayern bound anyway some years ago if nerlinger hadnt fucked it up.

Jack cw

to be fair, reus was bayern bound anyway some years ago if nerlinger hadnt fucked it up.

Sure, but we fucked up. Same with Hazard and Bale. You dont need to be a prophet to see that they were going to become some of the best wingers. We had two good transfer periods but we missed out on them. Either way, Reus or Hazard wont be cheap.

Blablurn

Sure, but we fucked up. Same with Hazard and Bale. You dont need to be a prophet to see that they were going to become some of the best wingers. We had two good transfer periods but we missed out on them. Either way, Reus or Hazard wont be cheap.

I doubt Bale was ever a serious transfer target lol

Jack cw

Show me that list pls

I cant find the link but there was a video a few years ago showing Heynckes getting a new office and talking about the list of players in his desk. He said he has all the interesting players on it and that list was started when van Gaal joined Bayern.

Blablurn

I cant find the link but there was a video a few years ago showing Heynckes getting a new office and talking about the list of players in his desk. He said he has all the interesting players on it and that list was started when van Gaal joined Bayern.

I guess if we reach the semi finals again we will receive a nice chunk of money again. Hopefully we will invest it. But since our stadium is paid off now, I have no doubt they will. Especially since Lewa comes for free <3.

Jack cw

I guess if we reach the semi finals again we will receive a nice chunk of money again. Hopefully we will invest it. But since our stadium is paid off now, I have no doubt they will. Especially since Lewa comes for free <3.

I hope so, Robben and Ribery are still good for another two seasons if the stay fit but Bayern better look for solutions to this. As of right now, the only realistic options that would still cost horrendous amounts of money are Reus and Hazard, unless there is another winger with equall talent that isnt affected by inflated prices.

Blablurn

I hope so, Robben and Ribery are still good for another two seasons if the stay fit but Bayern better look for solutions to this. As of right now, the only realistic options that would still cost horrendous amounts of money are Reus and Hazard, unless there is another winger with equall talent that isnt affected by inflated prices.

Timo Werner

/elsk

But seriously. This guy got more talent than Shaqiri. But let's see if we cannot find some more developed players.

Timo Werner

/elsk

But seriously. This guy got more talent than Shaqiri. But let's see if we cannot find some more developed players.

Werner would be Weiser 2.0, well, actually Weiser 4.0 or something because Weiser seriously sucks. But you get the idea, he would fail at Bayern.

Jack cw

Bundesliga gaf pls.
Where is EPL gaf?
It's safe to say that Weiser is just very dumb.

He could have had two seasons of 2nd Bundesliga experience with Köln by now. What a mug.

Yeah... he was bad in Lautern too, as far as I could tell. And we still have Contento in our squad for another season... I dont know but our youth team is hilariously mediocre. Instant elsk one liner incoming.

Yeah... he was bad in Lautern too, as far as I could tell. And we still have Contento in our squad for another season... I dont know but our youth team is hilariously mediocre. Instant elsk one liner incoming.

But but but dat Green, dat Höjbijjerjeg, dat Friesenbichler, dat Zipfelklatscher

Salazar

I can't fucking wait until La Masia is bulldozed.

They should raffle off tickets to fans of the other La Liga teams (except RM). The winners get a sledgehammer and access to the site until the job is done.

LTWheels

Playing FFX HD makes me want a proper Final Fantasy again. I hope XV delivers.

I would be quite happy if SE just made vita FF with the same graphical fidelity as the FFX HD remakes.

The vita is really the only system I want to play long JRPGs on. The suspend feature makes it so easy to play half an hour here and there. I don't have to commit to a couple hours like I would on the consoles. No more, need to keep playing until I reach a save point.

FootballFan

ESPN press pass is full of twats.

Shaka Hislop is a boring, boring, dull, pompous arse.

I really can't believe I actively watched it for a whole year.

Man...it is terrible. For real. Just terrible.

I remember I used to watch to hear their thoughts on La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga.

They'd spend(literally) 25 minutes on EPL. 2 minutes on Barca/Madrid, 1 minute on Serie A, 2 minutes on Tommy Smyths shit lists he made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom