• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

2 and a half hour software architecture lecture.

Time to find things that aren't about software architecture on the iPad then. Please advise.

Jack cw

world cup is a different thing. could work there.

Not with this coach I'm afraid. Löw never played a system of his own because he has no fucking clue. First it was a mix of high motivation and enthusiasm kind of play from Klinsmann, then it was van Gaals concept of an dymnamic 4-3-3 based on counters, then it was a strange bastard of tactics from Heynckes and van Gaal. Right now he copies Pep but fails to see that we neither have the wingers and a false 9. God, I wish Heynckes would take the squad for the WC...

Fffffff game day! I'm hyped as fuck to beat those Parisian cunts today. Would love if the game just ends 2-0 with old man Eto'o scoring both.

Blablurn

Not with this coach I'm afraid. Löw never played a system of his own because he has no fucking clue. First it was a mix of high motivation and enthusiasm kind of play from Klinsmann, then it was van Gaals concept of an dymnamic 4-3-3 based on counters, then it was a strange bastard of tactics from Heynckes and van Gaal. Right now he copies Pep but fails to see that we neither have the wingers and a false 9. God, I wish Heynckes would take the squad for the WC...

That would change everything :/

Löw reminds me of Lanz from Wetten Dass.

Linius

It's hard to pick a favourite for Chelski - PSG. It's like choosing between two evils. But PSG have Wheels and Zlatan and the Chelski meltdowns would be fun so I go with PSG tonight.

Jack cw

That would change everything :/

Löw reminds me of Lanz from Wetten Dass.
LOL, fitting.
It's hard to pick a favourite for Chelski - PSG. It's like choosing between two evils. But PSG have Wheels and Zlatan and the Chelski meltdowns would be fun so I go with PSG tonight.
Same goes for BVB vs Real. Its really hard to pick anyone. Dortmund and Chelski for the lols though.

Linius

Well that one is easy, Madrid out pls

And there will be more lols if Madrid drops out, they are with way many posters in this thread.

Timurid

Zlatan is out for four weeks.

Cavani is starting up front with Lucas playing at the AMR spot. VDW IS BACK!!!!!!!! DEM CROSSES!!!!

You know, so much is made about negative ultra-defensive tactics in Football, but I have to say, it has produced some of the best matches around in the Champions League.

Yep.

It leads to incredibly intense finishes, as every single player throws themself into every single challenge. Football would be shit if we lost the blood, sweat and tears and every game became two teams slowing tiki-taki'ing their way from goal to goal.

Watching Carragher give himself cramp by performing last-ditch challenge after last-ditch challenge is as beautiful as a defense-splitting through ball to me.

Linius

Was just playing that South Park game again. It's still a really great game with all the references and funny characters. Just got trough a sewer section and did some other side stuff. But now I'm at the point where I have to make an (important?) choice. I'm so happy South Park finally got a game worth playing. The Simpsons already got one many years ago, I need a sequel to that on current gen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what's with Yurt posting gifs of a hobo?

tumblr_n3khk1Rn3c1s8z5rho1_400.gif

YVQqCDA.gif

Back! Just in time for CL action. Haven't posted enough this season but I've just had to focus on Uni this year. No distractions.
SO MANY DISTRACTIONS

Anyway, predictions:

Dortmund 2-2 Madrid

Chelsea 2-1 PSG

Telegraph says Spurs main target for manager is Pochettino.

I'm so unconvinced by him, I mean, we're only two points behind Southampton, and we've been dogshit since Christmas!

He's a good manager but I don't think he's ready for the next level (If you can call Spurs that) just yet.

Zabojnik

They're seriously blaming us for Destro's ban, after he punched someone in the face in Cagliari - Roma. See, this is why I fucking hate everybody in Italy.

faridmon

I'm so unconvinced by him, I mean, we're only two points behind Southampton, and we've been dogshit since Christmas!

He's a good manager but I don't think he's ready for the next level (If you can call Spurs that) just yet.

Yeah, Football Weekly was mentioning this very thing the other episode. For all the praise Southampton gets for their beautiful expansive football, their young talents and their promising manager, and for all the flak Newcastle gets for being in a holidays since Christmas and the criticism Pardew gets, only 2 points separates them.

Glass half-fill innit

I find it fucking bizarre how often gaming-gaf just ignores worldwide console sales and only focusses on the US sales, without even considering the possibility that the picture could change when you take the worldwide market into account.

We're gonna get a Madrid-Bayern final aren't we? Fucking nightmare.

Clegg

I find it fucking bizarre how often gaming-gaf just ignores worldwide console sales and only focusses on the US sales, without even considering the possibility that the picture could change when you take the worldwide market into account.
Is this about the Edge article?

Linius

Is there life outside the US and A then?

Linius

Lool, Dutch TV was interviewing some kid who votes for Wilders (the anti Islam guy) and he told them all Moroccan people should go back to Istanbul :lol

faridmon

To be fair, the US market have always been the market numbers and sales targets is the most vissible over the years with NPDs and what not, where as Europe is very hard to collect data due to its various region which makes things difficult.

This doesn't change the fact that a lot of Gaming-gaffers are just plain idiots.

pulga

Banned

pls were gonna choke in the semis again
if we dont choke today

tumblr_m3vxqkE22x1r8yaog.gif

Yeah, Football Weekly was mentioning this very thing the other episode. For all the praise Southampton gets for their beautiful expansive football, their young talents and their promising manager, and for all the flak Newcastle gets for being in a holidays since Christmas and the criticism Pardew gets, only 2 points separates them.

Glass half-fill innit

Indeed. Don't get me wrong, I wish our club was more like Southampton's at the minute, better style, larger contingent of English players, but for the squad they have I feel like they should be doing much better than we are.

pls were gonna choke in the semis again
if we dont choke today

tumblr_m3vxqkE22x1r8yaog.gif

There's about as much chance of you genuinely choking today as there is of us not having a statue made of Rodgers if we win the league

I'll make one in my fucking garden if needs be :p

You might lose 2-1 or something, no chance you go out though

rvy

Banned
Europe is just like the USA. Except we have countries instead of states.

Wait, I mean Europe is a country.

Wait.

jesalr

Have you at least learnt anything?
We have clickers, like a game show, I haven't gotten a question wrong so far, but it's just so dull. Entire minutes of silence waiting for everyone to answer the question. There'll be a coffee break soon, so at least I have that going for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom