• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Fuck Europe. Football GAF needs to make its own Sealand. Or we take over Sealand by force, they have no army. Not like anyone gives a damn about invasions and taking land these days, do they Sviat?

Linius

Fuck Europe. Football GAF needs to make its own Sealand. Or we take over Sealand by force, they have no army. Not like anyone gives a damn about invasions and taking land these days, do they Sviat?

Wow, I never heard of Sealand. They even played international football against Cyprus and the Tsjechs. Let's take it!

I've lost count of the amount of times people have given me dirty looks over there for not leaving tips. Taxi driver even had a go at me for not leaving enough.

S'all fun and games innit.

'Here's a tip: find a job where your wages don't rely on the generosity of strangers'

See how long it takes to get stabbed :p

rvy

Banned
fuck the USA. if i ever go there i'll eat in their restaurants and not leave a tip.

Yeah, I don't get that shit either. I'm already paying for the over-priced meal, why should I give a tip to some person who probably spat on my food? For bringing me my food? I can do that myself. just direct me to the pick-up.

pulga

Banned
'Here's a tip: find a job where your wages don't rely on the generosity of strangers'

See how long it takes to get stabbed :p

MR-PINK.gif

Yeah, I don't get that shit either. I'm already paying for the over-priced meal, why should I give a tip to some person who probably spat on my food? For bringing me my food? I can do that myself. just direct me to the pick-up.

The one that really does my head in is the idea of a flat-percentage tip. So a waiter who spends 3 minutes serving me a meal that costs $100 deserves $15, and someone who spends 3 minutes serving me a meal that costs $20 deserves $3. What's that all about?

rvy

Banned
The one that really does my head in is the idea of a flat-percentage tip. So a waiter who spends 3 minutes serving me a meal that costs $100 deserves $15, and someone who spends 3 minutes serving me a meal that costs $20 deserves $3. What's that all about?

People actually do this?

I'm so happy I don't live in those countries.

faridmon

My flatmate, who was an American, used to talk to me about how important their tipping culture because they don't get paid shit and always get ordered like slaves. They may get a tip or two for sympathy, but fuck them if they think its imperative for me to pay them.

Sadly, my flatmate was a stubborn person, so I never voiced my opinion since I bloody hate arguments.

rvy

Banned
My flatmate, who was an American, used to talk to me about how important their tipping culture is important because they don't get paid shit and always get ordered like slaves. They may get a tip or two for sympathy, but fuck if they thing its imperative for me to pay them.

Sadly, my flatmate was a stubborn person, so I never voiced my opinion since I bloody hate arguments.

Slap him.

Americans hate confrontation.

Walshy

I might be sounding mean here, but why do people tip? I don't tip unless the service is pretty spectacular.

I've worked in bars and restaurants. Rarely did we get to keep the tips, it would usually go back into the business.

faridmon

You're going to argue with him, not kick him in his hard-headed American head.

Oh, that.

Sadly, I can see it being a heated argument. an I really can't be bothered to argue with hot headed people. Honestly, my Flatmate was one of those people who would not get dismayed by any argument however strong it is.

and its her :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They're seriously blaming us for Destro's ban, after he punched someone in the face in Cagliari - Roma. See, this is why I fucking hate everybody in Italy.
I'm laughing so hard at this

Please type Destro and Juve on twitter and read the results

Linius

When we're on holiday with the family and we tip at a restaurant people always react shocked in non tipping cultures :p

Well except for that dickass waiter in Italy. We had dinner at a restaurant nearly under the Rialto Bridge and when we paid him the money he was standing there like he was waiting for the rest of it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Re: Ronaldo and Klose

Let's not forget that Ronaldo scored a few on Costa Rica and South Korea or something. :p

Gerd Mueller and Paolo Rossi are the true WC goats.

pappe

Over here the restaurant's have started charging an extra 10% on the total. No matter how shitty the service you still have to pay that. Really pisses me off.

Linius

Over here the restaurant's have started charging an extra 10% on the total. No matter how shitty the service you still have to pay that. Really pisses me off.

The whole idea behind tipping is that it's an extra you might get if you do your job above average. Forced tips are the dumbest thing ever.

Slizz

Best is when restaurants here have auto-gratuity. Most times people don't realize that and tip even more on top.

That being said I tip pretty generously, Sunday I had 6 pints at this bar I frequent often came out to 10.80, left 4.20.

pappe

The whole idea behind tipping is that it's an extra you might get if you do your job above average. Forced tips are the dumbest thing ever.
Whats even worse is tht some people even expect an addition tip on top of that. One of the waiters was even bold/stupid enough to ask for it to me. Nearly knocked him out. I cant believe how I controlled myself.

Slizz

Slizz.

Is Cari Champion your gf?

The chick from First Take? Lol, I can't stand her.

EDIT: Can't stand that fucking show actually, can't stand most ESPN programming nowadays other than live sports and Highly Questionable.

rvy

Banned
The chick from First Take? Lol, I can't stand her.

EDIT: Can't stand that fucking show actually, can't stand most ESPN programming nowadays other than live sports and Highly Questionable.

Hey man, don't insult my daily comedy hour.

Good show when Mark Cuban showed up and destroyed Skip Bayless.

Huh I missed it yesterday, makes sense with Courtois comments about a new deal being done this or next week. Antonio Sanz, former Atlético press officer & Torres' friend, wrote in El Confidencial that Mourinho has offered Courtois the number 1 spot. Negotiations are close to being concluded and only the salary is causing a delay with Courtois wanting to more than double his wages. Chelsea are determined to secure Courtois on a deal until 2019 with executive board member Marina Granovskaia overseeing the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom