• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Just been on Bluemoon for the first time. In addition to the awful layout, it's perhaps the most bitter fan forum I've seen.

I thought RAWK and RedCafe was bad, they have nothing on Bluemoon.

JonnyBrad

Just been on Bluemoon for the first time. In addition to the awful layout, it's perhaps the most bitter fan forum I've seen.

The noisy video ads on every page make it even worse.

King_Moc

Banned

Why do people go on football fansites? Do they actually think it's the best place to find reasonable, level-headed and unbiased opinions?

I guess they just want their own, heavily biased opinions reinforced. Very strange.

Why do people go on football fansites? Do they actually think it's the best place to find reasonable, level-headed and unbiased opinions?

I guess they just want their own, heavily biased opinions reinforced. Very strange.

I used to go on Arsenal-Mania (no idea if it's still around. edit: oh god it still is) and it was awful :lol Arguments, bannings etc.

but it was the only place I could speak to other fans that had the same interests as me so that was the only good thing about it, really.

Salvadora

Some, like Redcafe, are genuinely entertaining.

And I don't mean in terms of laughing at them (although there is a bit of that), there just is consistently funny posts to be found.

GorillaJu

The reason to go on fan sites is to find massive amounts of information and opinions on the team you like, but you have to go in recognizing that the insularity will keep reasoned debate from happening for the most part. It's like Gaf gaming side - it's mostly insular and overrun with groupthink and hive mentality but the volume of information about games and the speed at which it appears make it worth reading.

RAWK has some true artists.

1982103_10152114250023406_1544776645_n.jpg

King_Moc

Banned
Some, like Redcafe, are genuinely entertaining.

And I don't mean in terms of laughing at them (although there is a bit of that), there just is consistently funny posts to be found.

Coming at it from the Liverpool perspective, I imagine it's full of people claiming conspiracy theories about us being kept down for 25 years. I just really can't be bothered with all that. Too few football fans are willing to admit when their team just wasn't good enough.

But yeah, I guess they would be the place to go to chat about your team of choice in general.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't think I've ever been on red cafe in my life. I feel sick when we talk about David Moyes here, I imagine that's all that's on there lool

Jack cw

I don't see why Bayern gaf is stressing. You got this. We've folded any time we faced anybody decent.

You don't' do losing. And all you have to do is pass for 94 minutes. Perfect Pep strategy.

Technically we can play for a 0-0 draw but thats not what our standard is. A goal from United or 2 and it gets really difficult. They will park the bus again and play the exact same strategy against us and if dont create more clearer chances its going to be hard.

Was reading this Danish sport magazine, that I somehow never heard of before and their exchange (for well over a year) with fifa about Barca and child trafficking. Some good stuff, seems like they put legit pressure on Fifa for a long period of time and released them with their magazines. The extreme case they bring up being Lionel Enguene coming to Barcelona alone, from Cameroun, as a 9 year old, without his parents who only goes to visit once a year, certainly més que un club.

rcA0Ua0.png

Bumhead

Banned
There's nothing wrong with reading other fans forums.

There's everything wrong with reading other fans forums and then getting your knickers in a twist because what you read doesn't agree with what you think. It's a fine line that many tend to cross.

I love our forum. It's legitimately funny and there are some great posters on there. But I don't think I'd ever tell a fan of another club to read it.

L1NETT

I love the club forum I go on. Feckin funny stuff, great place to chat about City, there is nowt else to do that.

Obviously it's biased, other clubs fans wade in and get slaughtered (especially the Hudds and Rotherham fans) but it's the one place for good, genuine city debate and news.

Jack cw

Do you significant others or best friends know you're posting on GAF?

Some do, yes and some of them are members here. YOU for example. My girlfriend always rolls with her eyes when I'm telling stories about willbur. But she like the pics that make you laugh topic though.

Yen

Bayern starting line up after the secret training session today:

----------------Neuer----------------
Lahm---Boateng---Dante---Alaba
----------------Kroos----------------
---------Müller--------Götze--------
Robben-----Mandzukic-----Ribery

Looks like total attack! And man, any counter attack will kill us :D
Good job on keeping it a secret

Was reading this Danish sport magazine, that I somehow never heard of before and their exchange (for well over a year) with fifa about Barca and child trafficking. Some good stuff, seems like they put legit pressure on Fifa for a long period of time and released them with their magazines. The extreme case they bring up being Lionel Enguene coming to Barcelona alone, from Cameroun, as a 9 year old, without his parents who only goes to visit once a year, certainly més que un club.

rcA0Ua0.png
That's disgusting behavior from Barcelona. Ugh. All other clubs that engage in these activities need to be punished properly. There's a reason why those Fifa provisions exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom