• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Maybe Guidetti, Nimley, Wabara might get registered next year? (their contracts may run out, I haven't got a scoobys)

If not, City will have to buy some HG players. Every fool and his dog count now, so it shouldn't be too hard.

--

Preordered Age of Mythology on steam. Aw yeah. That + Child of Light = good times ahead.

--

Oh and I hope Richards gets his career back on track. He was quality when fit, can see him going toon or somewhere similar (especially if Debuchy follows Cabaye back home). Don't think Pool need him, nor Arsenal if Sagna stays.

Maybe even Spurs? Walker is braindead and useless (imo).

LTWheels

Shame Kelly has dropped in form so much. That injury killed him :(

I know :(

He one of the players than fans have had high hopes for a very long time.

It's probably time for him to move on. I think a year loan would be good next season. Gets him out in the market. Why would anyone buy him at the moment.

Meier

Whoa. didn't know that. I though only British people counted!

As I recall, the requirement is 3 years in England prior to turning 21 to be considered HG. It's part of the reason that teams are more and more buying youth players -- they can tick all the boxes if they pan out (on top of of course being cheaper).

The Champions League itself has a separate requirement regarding number of years trained at the specific club prior to 21 as well (or you just give up roster slots).

TeddyBoy

I think Rodgers said getting new contracts for RedCafu and Johnson in the summer was a priority. Wisdom is also good enough to be in our squad next year, at CB or RB. Flani and Johnson can both deputise at LB.

Ok so Robinson and loans leave.

Brendan has implied he wants to have two entire starting elevens we can call upon, so two sets of back four (2 LBs, 2RBs and 4CBs).

We'll still have potentially two left backs (Enrique and Flanagan), four right backs (Kelly, Johnson, Wisdom and Flanagan) and EIGHT centre backs (Kelly, Coates, Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Kolo, Sakho and Ilori). Without any more academy players coming through.

I included some names twice because players can cover multiple positions, but even so, we've got a lot of defenders and we'll need to shift some before we start buying more.

This also applies to Feorax, I don't want to limit our players too much, we have so many defenders we can't keep adding some. We need a good clear out and have to get a partner to Sakho for the long term CB partnership.

Fergie

Banned
pa7UfdL.jpg

Feorax

Shame Kelly has dropped in form so much. That injury killed him :(

He looked like he could have been a part of our squad for years, but I don't think he'll ever get back to what he was. Sad...

He's one of the one's I'd be looking to sell this summer, harsh as it may be. Him and Aspas, with Alberto going on loan and Moses and Cissokho being sent back from whence they came.

We wouldn't even really need to buy to replace these players. Flanagan covers both Kelly and Cissokho, Borini replaces Aspas, and Suso replaces both Alberto and Moses.

In all honesty, I'd be a bit dissapointed if we bought more than 4 players this summer. We don't need that many, and I wouldn't want to disrupt a group that's working so well. Just buy a LB, a CB, possibly a RB if Johnson goes, and a CM to cover whatever role that Lucas isn't covering, be it box to box or holding midfielder.

This also applies to Feorax, I don't want to limit our players too much, we have so many defenders we can't keep adding some. We need a good clear out and have to get a partner to Sakho for the long term CB partnership.

RB: Johnson or new RB, Flanagan - 2

CB: Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, new CB. Wisdom and Ilori on loan for the future. Sell Agger and Skrtel next year when Sakho and his new CB partner are bedded in) - 4

LB: Enrique, new LB - 2 (Flanagan can cover if we're desperate).

That's 8 defenders, 2 sets of back 4's, with 2 players on loan for the future. Ample enough, clear out the rest.

Meier

Maybe Guidetti, Nimley, Wabara might get registered next year? (their contracts may run out, I haven't got a scoobys)

Guidetti will have a year left but I imagine he'll move this summer. He's anxious to go somewhere and play every week and going on loan isn't going to guarantee that. If NYCFC's schedule aligned, he might be an option to do that but it doesn't.

Nimely and Wabara's deals are up. We register Nimely now to fill the quota I believe, but he hasn't even been playing for the U21s so I'm sure he'll finally be released. I'd imagine we'd resign Wabara but dunno to be honest. He'd likely be loaned out again anyway. Jordy Hiwula was just extended until 2016 -- I think he'll be around the fringe of the first team and help with the HG quota in the future. He's scored like 18 or 19 goals for the EDS this year.

I think Karim Rekik and Emyr Huws will be loaned out again next year. Both are future HG players.

faridmon

As I recall, the requirement is 3 years in England prior to turning 21 to be considered HG. It's part of the reason that teams are more and more buying youth players -- they can tick all the boxes if they pan out (on top of of course being cheaper).

The Champions League itself has a separate requirement regarding number of years trained at the specific club prior to 21 as well (or you just give up roster slots).

Thanks.

But that doesn't solve the problem that is facing PL which is the low number of quality and trained British players. If you are a big club with huge network scouting system, you rather grow some talent from abroad rather than rely on your youth team. Isn't the reason to have that system to produce more English youngsters?

It's a bit of a silly rule tbh, the idea itself is fine, but you can see the bigger clubs just going vacuuming all the talents possible from smaller leagues around the world, instead of letting them stay and develop in their youth clubs.

April 27th. Winner takes it all.

+ avatar bet

I refuse to play Fifa in a brøndby kit for believe fc. If I would have to wear such a badge of shame as my avatar I would never show up on GAF again.

Also we're not going to win. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Massimo Cellino has completed his takeover of Leeds United, according to his lawyers.

“Massimo has been appointed a director of LUFC Holdings & ESL has completed its purchase of 75% of the shares,” wrote lawyers Mishcon De Reya.

Today the English Championship side announced it had lost £9.5m for the 2012-13 financial year.

“We have losses and we have to pay them. I thought the losses were less but it is OK,” added Cellino in a Press conference.

“We have to stop wasting money that is not ours. I would never let the club go into administration. I did not come here to do that. I’ve never run a company in my life that went into administration.

“The club has a little illness at the moment but it is not in the hospital.”

He sacked Coach Diego Lopez at Cagliari on Sunday and hinted he could wield the axe at Leeds soon too.

“I want to give Brian an opportunity to find out if he is good or not and if he is good then I am glad and if he is not then I will have to change. But I hope not.

“I will give him until the end of the season for me to get to know Brian and the players better. There is no rush. We have to be loyal and help each other.”

Cellino had originally been barred from taking over by the Football League, but won his appeal against their Fit and Proper Person test.

bjaelke

It's a bit of a silly rule tbh, the idea itself is fine, but you can see the bigger clubs just going vacuuming all the talents possible from smaller leagues around the world, instead of letting them stay and develop in their youth clubs.

I refuse to play Fifa in a brøndby kit for believe fc. If I would have to wear such a badge of shame as my avatar I would never show up on GAF again.

Also we're not going to win. :(

It wouldn't just be a badge though. It would be me in nothing but the jersey.

3Sixty

Fans who travelled to Newcastle United earlier in the season will be given a partial refund on their ticket costs after the Club had a complaint upheld by the Premier League.
It was noted that Saints fans who made the trip to St James’ Park on Saturday 14th December had been asked to pay significantly more than home fans sitting in the section adjacent to the away enclosure.

As a result, the Club pursued the case on behalf of our fans by complaining to the Premier League, who have since ruled that Saints supporters had been overcharged.

The Premier League has made the following adjustments, with the resultant refund amounts also detailed:

Adults: £37 to £27 – refund of £10
Seniors: £33 to £22 – refund of £11
Juniors: £22 to £13 – refund of £9

---

I'm fucking rich.

Meier

who is this?

Chloe (Grace) Moretz. She's looked the same for so long that I figured she must be 18 by now.. but still 10 months to go. I think her big break was playing JGL's little sister in 500 Days of Summer but she really became known for Kick-Ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom