• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Luck?

Why is it everytime Chelsea do some good, win matches its always lucky.

Perhaps its actually destiny? And a gameplan.

Not the notion of Chelsea winning being done to luck, the whole tactic of throwing on 3 or 4 strikers at the expense of being hit on the counter, no matter the team is rolling the dice. That's not a gameplan, that's gambling.

3Sixty

Give us a BOGOF m8. Know your place innit.

0.jpg

I want them both. Perfect replacements for Lampard and Cole. Have to be our main targets after Costa imo.

Pls. United got the Shaw, Lallana, Schneiderlin triple swoop.

jtb

Banned
Not the notion of Chelsea winning being done to luck, the whole tactic of throwing on 3 or 4 strikers at the expense of being hit on the counter, no matter the team is rolling the dice.

it's a gamble, but it's a smart gamble. Mou had nothing to lose—he was already losing, so it's not like maintaining the status quo was going to do anything for him or the team. a loss is a loss, may as well go for it.

Salvadora

Heard back from Arnie's place, didn't make the next stage. Ah well. Onwards innit. Thought I came across as nervous on the phone anyway.

The dream is over Arnold.
Can't have been worse than the interview I had today.Without being hyperbolic, it was a tragedy.

Totally unprepared for the entire interview to be full of situational questions. There was no "tell me of a time when you...," it was all "a kid comes over to you.." Still cringing at how I did.

Kosma

Banned
This will be the fifth CL in a row. It's bound to happen some time :p

At least it's looking like we won't lose much key players this time. Siem will probably leave but it's not like he did us any good this season. It's mostly the kids that did it this season. So maybe with some extra players we might be in beast mode next year. Gotta stay positive.

Siem was pretty poor this year yeah. Dunno who would want to buy him really.

Things I hope for next year:
-Schone stays
-vd Vaart doesnt come back
-One or two good veteran signings to carry the team
-A real striker

Arnie

Heard back from Arnie's place, didn't make the next stage. Ah well. Onwards innit. Thought I came across as nervous on the phone anyway.

Sorry to hear that mate.

On the plus side, this week I've found out why you absolutely shouldn't mix business and pleasure so it's probably for the best.

Seriously though you'll be fine, keep applying to things and you'll land on your athletic ankles.

About to start Dr Steven Peters' book. Heard good things, need something to knock my head into shape. Been in various bits recently. Women, work, football. Need putting back together.

arkon

He who dares, wins.

Mourinho just loaded the dice in his favour. Meticulous planning involved. That moment was weeks in the making.

Can't have been worse than the interview I had today.Without being hyperbolic, it was a tragedy.

Totally unprepared for the entire interview to be full of situational questions. There was no "tell me of a time when you...," it was all "a kid comes over to you.." Still cringing at how I did.
Nothing worse than being asked irrelevant bollocks in an interview.

GQman2121

Banned
Eh a 26 year old Lallana isn't going to get much better, and he's already now not good enough for the level Chelsea will want to be at. He would be a good option if his contract was running out and he could come in and accept a backup role.

I think he could up his game with better supporting players around him. I don't know, he might pull an Ozil this summer and become a hot commodity.

GorillaJu

Sorry to hear that mate.

On the plus side, this week I've found out why you absolutely shouldn't mix business and pleasure so it's probably for the best.

Seriously though you'll be fine, keep applying to things and you'll land on your athletic ankles.

About to start Dr Steven Peters' book. Heard good things, need something to knock my head into shape. Been in various bits recently. Women, work, football. Need putting back together.

I'm reading it right now myself. Puts a lot of things people say or do into a manageable perspective.

Wilbur

Banned
They are missing out! :)

On to the next one m8.

Let's start a business flying planes over football stadiums

Sorry to hear that man. Sounds like a fucking David Brent place anyway :lol

Sorry to hear that mate.

Arnie getting dat pussy, don't you ever apologise for that.

Cheers man. Little bit disappointed but don't think I did well enough to expect anything much. Just got overexcited at getting to take a selfie with Russell Crowe :(

Sorry to hear that. Brendan shall comfort thee

fuck off

Wilbur

Banned
Come and work with me, if I interview you all I'll ask is questions about Nicolas Cage.

if you hadn't told us you were losing your job yourself I'd be down :lol

Or did you get a new one? In which case cungruts

Sorry Wilbury. :(

I hope you find a better place soon.

Nandos forever xoxo

Don't mind going full time for a while to be honest, at least while I keep applying for other things. Enjoying it much more now I'm really getting on with the people, so it's a decent enough stopgap.

From what I've seen, half of Llallanna's effectiveness comes from his freedom and ability to roam across the entire width of the pitch, finding the right space and generally being a nuisance to mark, David Silva-like.

Would Chelsea under Mourinho ever give him the freedom to do that?

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry to hear, Wilbury. Ask them for some feedback

If Wilbury genuinely wants it I can get it.

I'm sure there's a file on our system with feedback in it. I see people writing shit down as they call people, so it must go somewhere.

If it's fucking hassle or you see the note and it says "sounds hairless and pre-pubescent does he even go to uni" then don't worry about it baby <3 if it's easy enough that would be magnificent. I'll email back anyway but it hasn't come from a name here, just grads@

Wes

venison crêpe

Stay positive. At worst it has been a useful experience going forward to the next interview you get. You can always try to ask for feedback if you want.

Clegg

Well Wes is a mod so the obviously do read this thread.

Hi Bish!

Edit: I'm assuming we're talking about the forum hierarchy.

Arnie

If it's fucking hassle or you see the note and it says "sounds hairless and pre-pubescent does he even go to uni" then don't worry about it baby <3 if it's easy enough that would be magnificent. I'll email back anyway but it hasn't come from a name here, just grads@
Yea there's a team who've been assigned to the grad process so I imagine there's a shared alias that they all use.

By your description you had Laura so ill just ask her for some feedback and explain it is for a "friend".

Wilbur

Banned
Stay positive. At worst it has been a useful experience going forward to the next interview you get. You can always try to ask for feedback if you want.

Cheers man <3

Yea there's a team who've been assigned to the grad process so I imagine there's a shared alias that they all use.

By your description you had Laura so ill just ask her for some feedback and explain it is for a "friend".

That'd be class man. No pressure, if you ever do get the time then that's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom