• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard from the life long PSG supporter Timerda?
oZ47atQ.png

jtb

Banned
after Mou poked Vilinova in the eye during that one clasico, Mou's antics have really soured on me. pretty shocking that the Spanish FA didn't even punish him for that iirc. or that the media still laps up his every word while taking the moral high ground whenever Pardew does something idiotic.

Don't get me wrong, you guys have been fucked over, whereas Leeds and Millwall can merely fuck off :p

What are the chances that you guys still exist in 4 years' time? Sometimes it seems like you're in an irreversible downward spiral, which would be absolutely shit for the sport.

Randdalf

Don't get me wrong, you guys have been fucked over, whereas Leeds and Millwall can merely fuck off :p

What are the chances that you guys still exist in 4 years' time? Sometimes it seems like you're in an irreversible downward spiral, which would be absolutely shit for the sport.

I don't think we'll be relegated, and with our ~18,000 home attendances we're like the PSG of League Two in terms of finance, so hopefully we do better next season. Just need a competent manager is all, and fingers crossed, Andy Awford is the man. We're also still under a transfer embargo I think, so we can't actually spend any money on players, can only get them on short term contracts, which is also hamstringing us.

arkon

I CAN'T GO BACK TO LEAGUE TWO

I just can't

Speaking of relegation

Arkon. Tough fixtures son, your forum is blowing up. Bar Yeovil, some naaaasty fixtures.

Fancy a derby next year :p

The way we're going it's a fucking certainty. Christ. Can't believe I was talking mid-table safety about 2 months ago. This is a game we had to win. Don't fancy our chances in the other fixtures coming up. That Yeovil game is going to be vital. Hopefully Leicester are in enough of a party mood to gift us three points too.

Arnie

So I take it Chelsea don't have a CL game before they play Liverpool? Or do they?
One either side.

Hard to argue that it wouldn't benefit us, but Tony Evans is trying to on Twitter.

Their focus will inevitably be impacted and they'll have to rotate the squad.

What's the status on the Hazard injury?

"Kostadinov is a bulgarian player who knocked France out in the 1993 WC playoff. The guy kept showing it to Blanc during the entire game."'

BkugYkqCMAIoyMF.png

hahahaha

tumblr_n3qdgu3CQr1qkg29ko1_500.jpg

Linius

I don't think we'll be relegated, and with our ~18,000 home attendances we're like the PSG of League Two in terms of finance, so hopefully we do better next season. Just need a competent manager is all, and fingers crossed, Andy Awford is the man. We're also still under a transfer embargo I think, so we can't actually spend any money on players, can only get them on short term contracts, which is also hamstringing us.

So weird. Last week there was a top 30 clubs who made the most money on transfer since the 08/09 season up to now. Portsmouth was placed 27th on that list with a transfer income of 120 million euros. Things must have gone very wrong :/

Arnie

Demba Ba is a good player.
And Sturridge is a top class player.

Hence the bafflement when you use words like 'probably'.

You remind me of the female protagonist from The Bridge when you start the whole Sturridge thing.

So weird. Last week there was a top 30 clubs who made the most money on transfer since the 08/09 season up to now. Portsmouth was placed 27th on that list with a transfer income of 120 million euros. Things must have gone very wrong :/

Guessing Benfica were right up there since the entire club from the board to the fans is more concerned with making money than they are growing to a state where they can make an impact in the Champions League

Elchele

You negativity is almost getting comical.

getting eliminated by RM would just be awful and would serve for nothing good. If we get eliminated by this Manchester United, then Guardiola would have pressure from the media and Bayern board to rework his tactics for the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom