• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing Benfica were right up there since the entire club from the board to the fans is more concerned with making money than they are growing to a state where they can make an impact in the Champions League

It has more to due with the fact that Benfica doesn't have the money. They bet heavy this year, then sold when they were knocked out.

subtles

Ashley Young a cunt

tumblr_m6pjoo2ucz1r7yojno1_500.gif

tumblr_m6pjoo2ucz1r7yojno2_500.gif

In late October the Coventry City chief executive said that the club were in talks with two local councils about building a new stadium but wouldn't reveal which councils. The Sky Blue Trust (a fan's consortium) has been sending requests, based on the freedom of information act, to local councils asking if CCFC had been in contact with them over discussions for building a new stadium. This is what the Nuneaton & Bedworth council replied:

"In this case the weight of the public interest lies in withholding the information. This conclusion not only applies to withholding information provided through pre application discussion, but also extends to withholding information about whether or not pre application discussion had happened at all.”

Who are they to judge what is in the weight of public interest?

Sorry for the diversion. Fuck Chelsea.

Linius

I heard we will make it through the CL group stage once again if we get 4 :eek:

This will be the fifth CL in a row. It's bound to happen some time :p

At least it's looking like we won't lose much key players this time. Siem will probably leave but it's not like he did us any good this season. It's mostly the kids that did it this season. So maybe with some extra players we might be in beast mode next year. Gotta stay positive.

bud23

What an awful game, we're so lucky we're still alive.

It's like Madrid Gaf is trying to wipe them selves out. They are just as aggressive as their players.

Yes, yes, yes, we are, we are. Problem? It's a blessing to die for a cause. If only you guys could understand...

Damn.. this thread....RIP Suen...judgment day is coming...and is certain.

Whatever.

Madrid-Chelsea
United-Atletico

Madrid-United

Madrid
United.

It's written in the stars.

Wilbur

Banned
In late October the Coventry City chief executive said that the club were in talks with two local councils about building a new stadium but wouldn't reveal which councils. The Sky Blue Trust (a fan's consortium) has been sending requests, based on the freedom of information act, to local councils asking if CCFC had been in contact with them over discussions for building a new stadium. This is what the Nuneaton & Bedworth council replied:

Who are they to judge what is in the weight of public interest?

Sorry for the diversion. Fuck Chelsea.

:lol what? Surely it's in the public interest to reveal so they can gauge reaction?

Just like you stabbed all the United bros in the back.

Clegg seriously man I'll fucking kill you

I say I may marginally prefer his iteration of Liverpool more than this iteration of Chelsea due to many factors including playing style, money, manager, refereeing decisions, elite development squads

And this is what I get

Fuck you

I was thinking of hiring a plane to drop anthrax over Anfield this weekend

Now I'll just do it over Ireland

You will die Clegg

By my hand

arkon

Gotta say tonight was another one of Mourinho's majestic mindgames masterstrokes. I bet there were puzzled faces when he threw Ba on. I had a feeling they would go through.

jtb

Banned
And Sturridge is a top class player.

Hence the bafflement when you use words like 'probably'.

You remind me of the female protagonist from The Bridge when you start the whole Sturridge thing.

eh, it's a difficult comparison. Ba has proven more over a long period of time and now has a manager conspiring to ruin his career, so it's tough to get a good gauge on just how good Ba is right now. but I don't really see any reason to think he's regressed either (other than the large collection of corpses of once-competent strikers outside Stamford Bridge).

so...

probably.

LTWheels

Gotta say tonight was another one of Mourinho's majestic mindgames masterstrokes. I bet there were puzzled faces when he threw Ba on. I had a feeling they would go through.

Oh bollocks, he rolled the dice and got lucky. That's what throwing on tonnes of strikers is when chasing a game.

Fergi use to do it all the time. Either you score, or you conceded as you have lost control of the midfield.

3Sixty

Me and my mate were saying the other day, if it came down to losing Shaw or Lallana in the summer I'd pack Shaw's bags myself.

Wilbur

Banned
Heard back from Arnie's place, didn't make the next stage. Ah well. Onwards innit. Thought I came across as nervous on the phone anyway.

The dream is over Arnold.

Oh bollocks, he rolled the dice and got lucky. That's what throwing on tonnes of strikers is when chasing a game.

Fergi use to do it all the time. Either you score, or you conceded as you have lost control of the midfield.

Luck?

Why is it everytime Chelsea do some good, win matches its always lucky.

Perhaps its actually destiny? And a gameplan.

I want them both. Perfect replacements for Lampard and Cole. Have to be our main targets after Costa imo.

Eh a 26 year old Lallana isn't going to get much better, and he's already now not good enough for the level Chelsea will want to be at. He would be a good option if his contract was running out and he could come in and accept a backup role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom