• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Marco Reus really is a top tier player. I would certainly put him down in the top 10. He was kind of underperforming during the beginning of this season, but last season he was voted into the uefa team of the year, and he should get that honor this year too. I would definately rank him ahead of Neymar, Robben, Hazard, and without a doubt on the same level as Ribery and Bale. Well, probably ahead of Bale as well when i think about it.

Meier

Doubtful. He's had a quiet season, mostly coming in as a sub. Scored a goal but hasn't shown signs that he could grow to be much better

Thanks! I saw he'd had a decent number of apps for them but didn't realize they were mostly subs. I figured he was probably getting decent time since he had played with them previously.

Bla needs to go to the game today and find United fans who will chant "Glory Glory Man United, Fuck Wilb!" It's only fair.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is brilliant, can we start some similar rumours?

@theguardian Reports are circulating that Manchester Utd midfield Tom Cleverley has left the club to join Hezbollah

tumblr_n3pzhak6Tj1r30r4xo1_500.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man, Marco Reus really is a top tier player. I would certainly put him down in the top 10. He was kind of underperforming during the beginning of this season, but last season he was voted into the uefa team of the year, and he should get that honor this year too. I would definately rank him ahead of Neymar, Robben, Hazard, and without a doubt on the same level as Ribery and Bale. Well, probably ahead of Bale as well when i think about it.

I don't know if he's on the same level as Ribery but he's definitely better than everyone you mentioned in your post. (IMO)

Slizz

My sister starts college in September but needed a job to keep her occupied until then. So she sends out her CV to recruiting agencies and to the jobs websites. She gets a call from a 'Marketing' company. Gives her the spiel about exciting opportunities for advancement and becoming a team leader within a few months of employment.

That rubbed me up the wrong way so the next time they rang I asked for the phone and yeah, exciting opportunities turned out to be door to door sales and commission based wages. Based on a moderate day of sales you'd be lucky to make 5 quid an hour. Fucking scammers. All this team leader shite. Basically meant recruit as many people because just as many leave after a month when they cop on to what the place really is.

Hahahahah I just went through that with a company that was recommended by my fucking University. Ambiguous language, marketing, face-to-face contact, etc. All telltale signs of a Multi-Level Marketing 'scam' although they aren't illegal.

So when's he joining Bayern.

Jack cw

Reus is comfortably better than Neymar (utter shit) and Robben (the effective one trick pony).

Guess real life should nerf Robbens trick then. Its like FIFA and the lobs, they always work. Even Contento is better than Neymar and Reus is close to world class, that I admit, but to reach it, he needs to be coached by Pep.

jesalr

Secret Footballer ‏@TSF 27s
Martin Jol failed in a £20,000 bid to buy the Michael Jackson statue that stood outside Craven Cottage at the end of last year

Linius

It shouldn't be coming with terrible music though :p

But for goals webm is a great tool, they look better than gifs and run smoother.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guess real life should nerf Robbens trick then. Its like FIFA and the lobs, they always work. Even Contento is better than Neymar and Reus is close to world class, that I admit, but to reach it, he needs to be coached by Pep.

Bayern GAF pls, stop being sensitive to opinions :lol

Linius

Downloaded episode three for The Wolf Among Us. Just revisted ep 2 shortly to collect that librarian achievement. Gonna play the third ep this weekend I think. Heard some good shit is going down. Well hyped.

And I want that Hobbit Lego game. Hope it pops up in Steam sales over the summer.

Portugeezer

They also load a lot faster due to better compression.

Although I see a lot of people crying about their CPU's... probably just PC gamers with a new CPU, it's like buying a case for your new phone, being overprotective and shit.

Just fucking play the webm's and enjoy ffs...

Bring on the 90% CPU load, it's what it's made for.

Meier

Downloaded episode three for The Wolf Among Us. Just revisted ep 2 shortly to collect that librarian achievement. Gonna play the third ep this weekend I think. Heard some good shit is going down. Well hyped.

I am really bad at actually playing PC games I download since I pretty much just end up playing FIFA or Football Manager. I did get this recently though since I love the Fables comics. Gotta play it one of these days.. didn't end up playing past Ep 2 of TWD season 1. Need to fix that some day as well.

Linius

Although I see a lot of people crying about their CPU's... probably just PC gamers with a new CPU, it's like buying a case for your new phone, being overprotective and shit.

I only get a good CPU to use 50% of it's power. Please understand.

I just switch autoplay off and only see the webm's I want to see.

I am really bad at actually playing PC games I download since I pretty much just end up playing FIFA or Football Manager. I did get this recently though since I love the Fables comics. Gotta play it one of these days.. didn't end up playing past Ep 2 of TWD season 1. Need to fix that some day as well.

I'm playing Wolf on 360. When the first episode released last year I still had my shitty laptop that wasn't able to run it :p

cremino

Sorry if DC

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/04/09/inenglish/1397048715_261742.html

The former president of Valencia soccer club, Juan Bautista Soler, was released by police on Wednesday after being arrested for trying to kidnap Vicente Soriano, another ex-chief at the team. Soler was detained by National Police on Tuesday, and spent the night in custody. This morning he was questioned in a Valencia court.

The judge freed Soler pending charges, having named him as a suspect in the kidnapping investigation. Soler will have to regularly report to a courthouse, and has been prohibited from leaving the country. He will also have to observe a restraining order, staying at least 15 meters away from Vicente Soriano – who lives nearby to him – at all times.

A second suspect was also detained by the police, but no further names have yet been released. The state attorney did not call for Soler to be kept in custody.
Real estate businessman Juan Bautista Soler led the club between October 2004 and March 2008. His time at Valencia CF will be remembered for the construction of a new stadium, as well as the massive debts he left behind.
In September 2008, Soler sold Soriano 70,889 shares for €85 million, an amount that was to be repaid in four installments. The intention of Soriano, who led the club from 2008 to 2009, was to sell these shares to the Uruguayan investment group Dalport, but the Valencia regional government intervened in order to ensure that the club would not fall into the hands of an organization with a suspect reputation.
After Soriano’s resignation, Bancaja – the club’s main creditor, which was owed €240 million – suggested an administrative board that would include Manuel Llorente, who returned to the presidency of the club having already served in that role between 1995 and 2005.

Once in place, in June 2009 Llorente proceeded with a capital increase of €92 million at the club, which reduced the value of the shares that Soriano had acquired, scaring off Dalport in the process. Faced with this situation, Soriano refused to pay Soler.

On February 11, the Supreme Court ratified a sentence that obliged Soriano to pay Soler €39 million for breach of contract.

Zabojnik

It's probably just dirty console peasants with their celerons and AMD XPs. You know how they are.

Why are so many backing Man Utd to win?

It's a cruel joke isn't it. We are fighting against the previous European Champions with 3 of our players (Rooney, RVP, Mata) out.

Don't make me hope and have it break my heart you bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom