• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I was this close to calling in on a popular radio football show and insult their whore mothers, when I heard them discussing the 'Destro case'. The hyperbole and the lenght they were willing to go to make it seem like this is some terrible precedent that could change the way refs operate ... LOOOOOOOOL. Give me a fucking break, you fucking Roma-biased muppets. He punched a guy, the ref blew the whistle, but it was for a different reason altogether. He didn't see Destro punch the other player. And that - not seeing a violent gesture - is the only basis for retroactive action on violent conduct. It's all that matters. Why the fuck should it now suddenly be applied only when the ref doesn't see it because he's "looking away"??? What's the fucking difference? "But he's already judged the situation in this case." No, he hasn't. How can he judge something he didn't see, either because he was looking away or because his view was obscured or whatever the reason. He didn't see, Destro got a well-deserved ban. The end.

and in the end

it's only Destro.

let them dwell over this and cry till the end of the season, their consecutive draws (and Totti's injury?) is what killed their title chances.

Doubt I'll get the United shirt not even liked them the last two season but I buy them anyway, just gonna get a training shirt unless it's awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Kop305 posted this on twitter
BkyEi0KCEAEMcwm.jpg:large

the black one is really cool. I don't know why.

not sure about the collar though

TeddyBoy

Warrior have done that before in official shots:

But that tattoo on Saurez' wrist says both his kids, so definitely a new promo shot

Hadn't noticed this, thanks!

@Kop305 posted this on twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkyEi0KCEAEMcwm.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the larger red strips on the yellow kit, so tempted to get it. Welcome to the thread! This was your first post!

Feorax

That yellow/red combo is really bad. Doesnt Liverpool used to have a white away kit?

Historically, we've worn yellow away kits. It's only really recently that we've had white/grey/black consistently (and green at one point, not sure what that was about).

Jack cw

Historically, we've worn yellow away kits. It's only really recently that we've had white/grey/black consistently (and green at one point, not sure what that was about).

Ok, thx for the explanation. But red/yellow reminds me terribly of Ronald McDonald.

So these mockups made in Jan-Feb have the gome kit spot on - Likely that the away and 3rd are accurate as well

kcsHY7n.jpg

Hope the away isn't accurate at least, rank colours. I like the home though, no doubt I'll get bored of the simplistic trend going about now but I like the England kit too.

Zabojnik

and in the end

it's only Destro.

let them dwell over this and cry till the end of the season, their consecutive draws (and Totti's injury?) is what killed their title chances.

The truly mind blowing thing about the Destro 'scandal' is how everybody is up in arms about it and how everybody keeps saying how it's the first time something like this has happened and how it should't be allowed to set a precedent. When in reality the EXACT SAME THING happened two seasons ago. Between Pjanic (LOOOOL) and Olivera. The latter got a yellow and was subsequently banned because he stepped on Pjanic's leg in the moments after the initial foul that cost him the yellow card, something the ref didn't see. I'm sure you can imagine how Corriere Dello Sport felt about the retroactive ban at the time. "It was the right thing to do." Ahahaha.

Anyway, it doesn't concern us, so whatever. Destro, no Destro, I don't give a fuck.

Clegg

My sister starts college in September but needed a job to keep her occupied until then. So she sends out her CV to recruiting agencies and to the jobs websites. She gets a call from a 'Marketing' company. Gives her the spiel about exciting opportunities for advancement and becoming a team leader within a few months of employment.

That rubbed me up the wrong way so the next time they rang I asked for the phone and yeah, exciting opportunities turned out to be door to door sales and commission based wages. Based on a moderate day of sales you'd be lucky to make 5 quid an hour. Fucking scammers. All this team leader shite. Basically meant recruit as many people because just as many leave after a month when they cop on to what the place really is.

pulga

Banned
No female supporters for United? Slightly disapointed.

0-2 plug. 0-2 against a weaker side than Schalke.

lol theyre not weaker than schalke, lets not be daft

we're through anyway so whatever, just another german team down on our road to la decima

shame were not gonna have the opportunity to swat off one more in the coming fixtures
Uus4Plt.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He'll be a bald cunt by 30.
The truly mind blowing thing about the Destro 'scandal' is how everybody is up in arms about it and how everybody keeps saying how it's the first time something like this has happened and how it should't be allowed to set a precedent. When in reality the EXACT SAME THING happened two seasons ago. Between Pjanic (LOOOOL) and Olivera. The latter got a yellow and was subsequently banned because he stepped on Pjanic's leg in the moments after the initial foul that cost him the yellow card, something the ref didn't see. I'm sure you can imagine how Corriere Dello Sport felt about the retroactive ban at the time. "It was the right thing to do." Ahahaha.

Anyway, it doesn't concern us, so whatever. Destro, no Destro, I don't give a fuck.

GOD DAMN Zabster is mad today
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Classic CdS, nothing is new here. ;)

bjaelke