• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sorry if DC

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/04/09/inenglish/1397048715_261742.html

The former president of Valencia soccer club, Juan Bautista Soler, was released by police on Wednesday after being arrested for trying to kidnap Vicente Soriano, another ex-chief at the team. Soler was detained by National Police on Tuesday, and spent the night in custody. This morning he was questioned in a Valencia court.

The judge freed Soler pending charges, having named him as a suspect in the kidnapping investigation. Soler will have to regularly report to a courthouse, and has been prohibited from leaving the country. He will also have to observe a restraining order, staying at least 15 meters away from Vicente Soriano – who lives nearby to him – at all times.

A second suspect was also detained by the police, but no further names have yet been released. The state attorney did not call for Soler to be kept in custody.
Real estate businessman Juan Bautista Soler led the club between October 2004 and March 2008. His time at Valencia CF will be remembered for the construction of a new stadium, as well as the massive debts he left behind.
In September 2008, Soler sold Soriano 70,889 shares for €85 million, an amount that was to be repaid in four installments. The intention of Soriano, who led the club from 2008 to 2009, was to sell these shares to the Uruguayan investment group Dalport, but the Valencia regional government intervened in order to ensure that the club would not fall into the hands of an organization with a suspect reputation.
After Soriano’s resignation, Bancaja – the club’s main creditor, which was owed €240 million – suggested an administrative board that would include Manuel Llorente, who returned to the presidency of the club having already served in that role between 1995 and 2005.

Once in place, in June 2009 Llorente proceeded with a capital increase of €92 million at the club, which reduced the value of the shares that Soriano had acquired, scaring off Dalport in the process. Faced with this situation, Soriano refused to pay Soler.

On February 11, the Supreme Court ratified a sentence that obliged Soriano to pay Soler €39 million for breach of contract.

holy fuck :lol

danwarb

I don't get where that came from. My CPU showed little signs of load. Do I need to install something? Does it use VLC? Firefox the reason?

If the use the firefox/chrome extension to auto-play and have dozens run at once, CPU load goes way up.

They look like high resolution gifs, with tiny file sizes, that you can unmute.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Llorente, eh? Juve at it again, amirite?

looooooooooool they really did a number on you
KuGsj.gif

9c657f864ba2645ddddb067ea33b5bea.jpg

Feorax

Daily Mail are reporting that one of Chelsea's games, either Sunderland or Liverpool, will be moved from Sunday to Saturday to help their CL semi final chances.

jesalr

Okay I don't understand betting on horses. I just put £1 e/w on a horse, and managed to win 10p.

Cha-ching.

You basically win on the given odds if the horse won. If the finished within the top n places (decided by the bookie) on an each way bet, you still get a fraction of the winnings (again, decided by the bookie).

K1LLER7

If it is legit:

Glad Fletcher is in there. Smalling, not so much. Expect it to be 4-5-1 / 4-3-3

---------------- De GOAT -------------

Smalling - Jones - Vidic - Evra

-------- Fletcher --- Carrick ----------
------------------ Kagawa ---------------

Valencia ----- Rooney ----- Welbz

K1LLER7

Maybe i'm DC'ing but....

"According to Reus agent there is two offers on table for Reus. One from Manchester United and One from Barcelona. #MUFC"

Congrats Barcalona.

edit: forgot about dat transfer ban O_O

Daily Mail are reporting that one of Chelsea's games, either Sunderland or Liverpool, will be moved from Sunday to Saturday to help their CL semi final chances.

Weird, thought the FA had a reputation for doing nothing to help our teams in the CL. So we could have fans fucked over by the Palace match being moved, and fans fucked over by the Chelsea match being moved.

There should be a regulation that says each team can only have 2 matches moved by choice throughout a season, and they have to be 3 months apart or more, or something like that.

Wilbur

Banned
Welbeck will be up front the same as he was last week. Rooney behind him, Kagawa out wide all game because he doesn't have the freedom to come in like he does with Mata. Evra will get roasted.

D_prOdigy

Like that team.

KidA tutting at the reasonableness of it.

Going out tonight. Sky plussing the antics. Gonna have to pull of a masterclass of looking at my shoes to avoid the result on the way home tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom