• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Isn't the new Vita FM very different from the older ones (basically ports from the iOS/Android game)?

From what I played (I've never touched the IOS/Android thing mind) it's clunky as FUCK. You can cross save with your PC game (I think) but I found the menus a fucking nightmare to navigate.

Not awful by any stretch, but far too fiddly to make it as addictive as the PC version. It's pretty similar to the PC version.

Had a dream last night. Remember the final scene of Titanic? When Rose and Jack descend down the stairs of the Titanic while being applauded by the passengers and crew? Well it was like that except Pulga was Rose and FF was Jack.

We were the Passengers and Crew.

Was weird.

Good semis, just a shame there's only one bearable team in there. Really can't decide who I want to win between Madrid and Bayern. Madrid going through would lead to a better final I think, especially if it's against Ahthlhehthihcho, but they're a less likable club. Bayern, on the other hand leave a massively sour taste in the mouth since they won it last year, and fuck watching that nonce lift the trophy again.

Plus, if they won it, they'd go on about Robben or someone deserving the Balon d'Or.

fake edit: FUCK, Ronaldo misses the home leg. That's the one he would have come in more handy for imo.

FootballFan

Had a dream last night. Remember the final scene of Titanic? When Rose and Jack descend down the stairs of the Titanic while being applauded by the passengers and crew? Well it was like that except Pulga was Rose and FF was Jack.

We were the Passengers and Crew.

Was weird.

I already told wooden but I had a dream once that Chloe moretz was tweeting with him constantly.

Tmz and stuff were asking "who is Emil?"

Chloe had millions of followers but only followed one person, wooden.

I don't even use twitter. Wtf kind of dream was that lol.

I do have TMZ outside right now, trying to get some photos of me browsing GAF through my window. I don't blame them, they just want the latest news.

OT19| 'I hope my team doesn't win the biggest club competition in the world as it would heighten expectations too much'

What a load of shite. No offense, like.

I already told wooden but I had a dream once that Chloe moretz was tweeting with him constantly.

Tmz and stuff were asking "who is Emil?"

Chloe had millions of followers but only followed one person, wooden.

I don't even use twitter. Wtf kind of dream was that lol.

You shared that dream with Wooden.

You are the Three Eyed Crow.

Caw.

qindarka

Banned
Are people really taking offence to that?

Of course it was a joke. A lot of my pessimism isn't serious either, I've tried to cut that out a little as it can be very annoying.

Blablurn

10010523_877447492271943_3913843239112394100_o.jpg

Order of preference:

1) Madrid- Nothing really against them
2) Atletico- Same, but would rather Courtois not win anything with them
3) Chelsea- Would raise expectations to an unhealthy level
4) Fuck Bayern

Expectations are already going to be high when you have the joint best manager in the world managing your team (Jose and Carlo, blue for life).

A new era of Chelsea dominance is coming Qin, not just in the Premier League but in Europe too. I hope you're not afraid of heights because we're going to the very top.

Don't want anyone but Atletico winning it. As long as Chelsea don't win it I'm not too bothered.

You cannot stop the inevitable, Mr Marston.

Love the giantbomb beef that is going on between scousers and everyone else at the moment. The emails they get...

"After the fucking Scousers tried to push tried to push shit onto the more evolved southerners, I just wanted to let you know that anyone from north of london is a fucking northern monkey who can't think straight, because they're either drunk from tesco value cider or dizzy from working at coal factories."

and then GB crew trying to figure out if scouser is actually a bad word they can't use lol

Are people really taking offence to that?

Of course it was a joke. A lot of my pessimism isn't serious either, I've tried to cut that out a little as it can be very annoying.

Not really offense, that would be a strange reaction

And pls understand, the amount of bollocks that gets spouted in this thread, it is difficult to tell the jokes from the serious posts sometimes :p

I didn't even know you get get joint PotM awards. Not sure I entirely agree with either of them, but am struggling to think of anyone who was better over the course of May. If Gerrard can sustain this form, I wonder if it would indicate that his perceived lack of discipline was a deliberate tactic all along.

Probably not, as I'm sure he'd have been told to stay back for England if he was capable of doing it properly back then, as it would have been the only way to make the Lampard-Gerrard axis work.

I'd say March is where we've become more of an equal unit. Suarez and Sturridge are obviously still the main threats, but the defensive unit has been more well-drilled, with less misunderstandings between centre-back and goalkeeper, the fullbacks have been much more solid. Gerrard has been on the ball more, as has the player behind the front 3, and we've been happier to recycle possession until something opens up, rather than just getting the ball as quickly as possible to Suarez every time.

The Cardiff game we kind of reverted back to the SAS show, with the defense looking fragile as fuck, and just relying on those 2 to drag us out of any problems caused by it, but reasonably solid throughout the team outside of that game. And the Sunderland game I guess, where we did not look at all comfrotable after they scored. In hindsight, the West Ham game was more comfortable than it felt at the time, they never really looked like scoring after the second penalty, and we kept them away from our goal aside from the wrongly allowed goal and Carroll hitting the bar from a cross (and no team can deal with that tactic 100% of the time)

Was happy for Sakho to get a mention for his performance at Upton Park on Football Weekly*. He'll have sterner tests than that, but was a good return from a pretty long injury.

*Which one of them said 'even if Liverpool lost every game from here, they'd still have had a fantastic season'? We'd probably finish 6th if that happened :p

I'm aware of the scattergun nature of that post.

hiroshawn

Banned
I had a dream last night that me and Woody were detectives looking for a little girl. We narrowed down the search to a warehouse that was just bought by the Senator from the Wire. so me woody some cops and the Senator started tearing the place apart brick by brick. We then found a door that had a padlock on it and half the pad lock was cut off. We popped the lock opened the door and stood to the side with my weapon drawn as the Senator went in. A foul smell from hell came from that room. Then the Senator pulled out a box that was 4 feet high and 5 feet long. I was a Styrofoam box wrapped in black garbage bags taped up wit bio-hazard tape. The little girl have been decomposing in the box. Woody said "Good God almighty."

Then I walk into the stinking bloody room and got a vision of the killer sharpening his knives getting ready to dissect his next victim.

Crazy dream.

Love the giantbomb beef that is going on between scousers and everyone else at the moment. The emails they get...

"After the fucking Scousers tried to push tried to push shit onto the more evolved southerners, I just wanted to let you know that anyone from north of london is a fucking northern monkey who can't think straight, because they're either drunk from tesco value cider or dizzy from working at coal factories."

and then GB crew trying to figure out if scouser is actually a bad word they can't use lol

:lol fucking hell

I had a dream last night that me and Woody were detectives looking for a little girl. We narrowed down the search to a warehouse that was just bought by the Senator from the Wire. so me woody some cops and the Senator started tearing the place apart brick by brick. We then found a door that had a padlock on it and half the pad lock was cut off. We popped the lock opened the door and stood to the side with my weapon drawn as the Senator went in. A foul smell from hell came from that room. Then the Senator pulled out a box that was 4 feet high and 5 feet long. I was a Styrofoam box wrapped in black garbage bags taped up wit bio-hazard tape. The little girl have been decomposing in the box. Woody said "Good God almighty."

Then I walk into the stinking bloody room and got a vision of the killer sharpening his knives getting ready to dissect his next victim.

Crazy dream.

It's a metaphor for your betting

"at least we got our history"

They sound like fucking liverpool supporters the last many years, except Liverpool actually could win something this year.

We can still win something this year (not counting the CL).

La Liga is yet to be decided and la Copa finals is the next week (against Barça).

Ni No Kuni for £5.

Hmm.

edit: Bayern-gaf, pls stop saying 'everything from here is a bonus'

You have the best team in the world, and supposedly the best manager in the world ffs

edit2: the fuck happened there

Raptor

May the best team win is a good attitude :) I agree!

For me everything from now on is just an Extra. I'm just glad we made it to the semis.

You guys always eliminate us lols, but I have faith that we will put a hell of a match!!

Bayern vs Madrid is a europe classic!

Can't wait.

All this Champions League talk is depressing. In my days we were among those four teams, it was glorious. Having a shot at the trophy, even if it was small, was still a great feeling :(

--

Anyway, just as Honda started to play better, he sprained his ankle and won't play vs Catania on Sunday. At least El Shaa is training well with the youth team, but he won't play for two-three weeks. It's amazing how the most useful players are always fit and people like Constant never get a single injury in an entire season.

spidye

Ni No Kuni for £5.

Hmm.

edit: Bayern-gaf, pls stop saying 'everything from here is a bonus'

You have the best team in the world, and supposedly the best manager in the world ffs

edit2: the fuck happened there
That' s not how football works bro. And how are we the best team in the world? By winning against casablanca?

Meier

You Only Live Lannister Once
it's a nickname Tyrion gets on the books, not an acronym

Ha! I actually completely forgot about that. Has it really been nearly 3 years since Dance already? Sheesh.

Ni No Kuni for £5.

Hmm.

I don't think it was a great game but the first 10 hours or so where the Ghibli theme and animation is prevalent is really wonderful. That's a bargain if you plan to actually play it. I spent a lot of time on it since I can be a bit of a completionist in RPGs, but it got pretty repetitive.

Do it. Don't listen to GAF that thinks the combat destroys the whole game, their point seems to mainly be that it's easy... I don't think it was, and I'm a video game master!

Yeah, I don't think the combat made it particularly easy. I think the combat is actually pretty damn tough for large swaths of the game. I actually felt like the characters and their monsters were underpowered in comparison to the enemies for about the whole damn game.

0-0 in the 120th minute of Atletico vs Real in the final.

Crap cross floated in. Diego Costa elbows Pepe in the mouth to escape him, removing several teeth, then punches the ball in ala Scholes against Zenit. Goal given.

Imagine it.

Where is these false humility from Bayern GAF coming from? Is this a result of Pep Guardiola holier than thou attitude? That's why they use called him "mea colonias" Stop pretending, you're all proud lions and the favorites to win it all. Stop the act is insulting cause we all know better.

0-0 in the 120th minute of Atletico vs Real in the final.

Crap cross floated in. Diego Costa elbows Pepe in the mouth to escape him, removing several teeth, then punches the ball in ala Scholes against Zenit. Goal given.

Imagine it.

As he runs away to celebrate, he lifts up his shirt and reveals a Chelsea shirt, kisses the Chelsea badge. In the post match interviews he will state his love for Daddy Jose and how he can't wait to win the CL two years in a row.

Wilbur

Banned
Seasons 11/12 just finished on Sky. Fucking QPR. Hope they never come up again.

Fucking last minute of the game, it kills me every time I see footage of it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom