• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
The Mail's got an article of Dat Guy and Cleverley in the street at 3 in the morning. Welbeck staring at some girl's arse, Clev dancing and inexplicably all the photo captions say Young is there as well when it just seems to be another black guy.

Seasons 11/12 just finished on Sky. Fucking QPR. Hope they never come up again.

Fucking last minute of the game, it kills me every time I see footage of it :lol

The QPR supporters celebrating, the look on all the United supporters faces, the Sunderland supporters dancing with their back to the pitch... Fantastic match.

Blablurn

just found this one again hahaha

iDiV2ldPgCZH2.gif

The Mail's got an article of Dat Guy and Cleverley in the street at 3 in the morning. Welbeck staring at some girl's arse, Clev dancing and inexplicably all the photo captions say Young is there as well when it just seems to be another black guy.

Don't blame them. I imagine it was pretty dark.

Seasons 11/12 just finished on Sky. Fucking QPR. Hope they never come up again.

Fucking last minute of the game, it kills me every time I see footage of it :lol

Best and worst ending to a season of all time

Best because it was so dramatic, and I loved it in my bitterness

Worst because the way QPR played when they knew they were safe was frankly a bit of a disgrace. And when all is said and done, City were at home to the 4th worst team in the league, and only just won because QPR knew they'd survived

Shove that up your Meier.

Meier

I kinda wanted to go to a pub for the QPR game but I was too nervous about how things would go if we lost. I've never actually watched a City game on TV with anyone but my wife or my family when I'm home for Christmas. Thinking of going to the pub for Liverpool but the game is on at 7:37 AM and I just hate getting up that early on the weekend. I usually set my alarm for like 2 minutes before kick off, haha.

I see Rooney is out for the season. No surprise to be honest. You knew something was pretty seriously off in the Bayern game. Eric Wynalda was just incredulous the whole time. "HE'S JUST NOT RIGHT!"

Yen

The QPR supporters celebrating, the look on all the United supporters faces, the Sunderland supporters dancing with their back to the pitch... Fantastic match.

United fans dancing in the crowd before simultaneously turning in horror to the tannoy/big screen to learn they lost the title.

Clegg

I think the MEN is trying to create a furore over this. Saying how disgraceful it is for professionals to be out late at night right after being beaten by Munich.

Bit of a stupid viewpoint when you consider United don't play for another ten days.

What do United have to do to get in the Europa League? It'll be their best chance of earning CL football.

No it won't EL means shitty Thurs/Sun games it's managble with a large squad but given how injury prone some of our players are I'd rather finish 6th or worse.

Then concerntrate on a top 4 and even a cup.

3Sixty

pls.

She ain't got NO ass.

Koko

Banned
Fixit.

I don't want DiMaria ever again after the shit match of the other day.

What? This is insane. He just lost 2 kg which is a lot considering how much he weights. It was his first start since his return, he is obviously not in a good shape.

He has been the most regular player for a couple of seasons( after Ronaldo of course). We look completely different when he is on. If we are going to beat Bayern we need Di María.

Yen

Footy-Gaf straw poll

Would you have Rooney starting at the World Cup (if you wanted England to succeed)?
Every tournament is the same: Rooney misses the build-up through injury or suspension, and then is miles of the pace for the actual tournament. Even an utter turnip like Welbeck would be a better choice.

Wilbur

Banned
Footy-Gaf straw poll

Would you have Rooney starting at the World Cup (if you wanted England to succeed)?

Hmmm.

The problem is that on raw talent he is still the best player we have. And despite him being pretty shitty a fair few times this season he's still got a lot of goals and assists.

But, his inclusion in a United side - especially when coupled with RVP - is to the detriment of the team a lot of the time, and it's similar for England.

Welbeck-Sturridge-Sterling would be a dynamite front three, I think.

Genuine spoilers:

Calling it the Red Wedding, along with the way people talk about it (shock factor and everything), must make it so obvious what happens to people who haven't read or watched it.
The worst is people telling latecomers "Oh you thought that was bad? Wait till you get to the RED WEDDING!" herp derp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom