• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

I'd start Rooney with Sturridge and probably Sterling, not sure bout him. Think he might better as a impact sub but hey.

He is our most talented forward and has shown glimpses this season.

Don't think Welbeck Sturridge and Sterling is punchy enough.

Dunno

Wilbur

Banned
I know some of the key things that happen in GOT, a lot of the deaths and stuff, and I've only ever seen four episodes and read the prologue.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd start Rooney with Sturridge and probably Sterling, not sure bout him. Think he might better as a impact sub but hey.

He is our most talented forward and has shown glimpses this season.

Don't think Welbeck Sturridge and Sterling is punchy enough.

Dunno

Like I say, agreed that he is the most talented but the problem is with Rooney that he plays for himself, unrestrained and unable to fit into a disciplined team shape (or if not unable, unwilling)

Or he curbs everything about how game and becomes horrifically neutered.

Welbeck has proven with England he can score - 9 goals in 21 games I think. He can play in a disciplined defensive line up as I'll assume we'll do against Italy. He's good on the break, he's good with the ball at his feet. I think in a Hodgson side, Rooney is probably the wrong choice. Sterling and Welbeck either side of him or Sturridge would be my ideal line up, if only because I don't want to see Rooney playing behind anyone.

Like I say, agreed that he is the most talented but the problem is with Rooney that he plays for himself, unrestrained and unable to fit into a disciplined team shape (or if not unable, unwilling)

Or he curbs everything about how game and becomes horrifically neutered.

Welbeck has proven with England he can score - 9 goals in 21 games I think. He can play in a disciplined defensive line up as I'll assume we'll do against Italy. He's good on the break, he's good with the ball at his feet. I think in a Hodgson side, Rooney is probably the wrong choice. Sterling and Welbeck either side of him or Sturridge would be my ideal line up, if only because I don't want to see Rooney playing behind anyone.

Agreed

Can't stand watching Rooney for England. He shows none of the link up play he does(or did) at Man Utd, slows our play down horrifically, drops deep when we counter when he should be the threat in the middle at the end, and (I know this sounds stupid) doesn't score enough goals that couldn't be replicated by any competent striker playing against the teams he scores against.

Ansatz

bayernh9sa3.png

Fuck Bayern

Wilbur

Banned
The latter that's the only appreciation gaf would give Bayern.

There's an argument to be made though. None of the Premier League teams are absolutely brilliant. Barca are the weakest they've been for almost ten years. Dortmund are miles behind you. Juventus still need to perform in Europe. Madrid still have a shitty defence.

Not trying to discredit Bayern at all, honestly. But there isn't a plethora of brilliant teams around at the moment.

Blablurn

I don't want any appreciation. I'm happy with how the last seasons went. Everything that follows the great win of 2013 is an extra. I just wanted to celebrate one more CL victory after 2001.

Jack cw

Guys pls. Don't take everything so dead serious. I think we can all agree that we are not as good as last year but still good enough to defend the title.

Blablurn

Jupp had a fully motivated squad after the drama that was 2012.

Pep motivated a team that just achieved the biggest victory in the clubs history.

I like both.

What? This is insane. He just lost 2 kg which is a lot considering how much he weights. It was his first start since his return, he is obviously not in a good shape.

He has been the most regular player for a couple of seasons( after Ronaldo of course). We look completely different when he is on. If we are going to beat Bayern we need Di María.

Casemiro barely played a few minutes in the whole season and was spectacular. IS not only about that much, DiMaria only runs a lot, that's something lot of players can do, the problem comes when he starts losing balls, with bad passing and bad decisions in attack.

When Isco was out, Madrid won a lot of stability in the midfield. DiMaria since the injury never was the player he was once, now he is a guy that runs a lot.

wedward

Pep's Barcelona from 2009-2011 is the best, most beautiful team of recent time.

Better than Jupp's Bayern.

People have a short memory.

Bud pls. Where are you?

Jupp's Bayern is better than Pep's. This is Pep's first season tho.

L1NETT

The Raid 2......holy fucking feckin bloody shit

Never has violence been so goddman beautiful.

Believe the hype peoples

And then go see it.

--

Leeds managing director sacked after a row with Cellino the nutter

LOL

Jupp had a fully motivated squad after the drama that was 2012.

Pep motivated a team that just achieved the biggest victory in the clubs history.

I like both.

With Jupp Bayern played and incredible offensive football, with Pep Bayern become another tikitakaneccio, which will get results, but makes obviously who is the best coach.

But yeah, as a psychologist Pep is much better, which is a very useful tool in today's football, but dosn't make you a great coach, IMO.

Bud pls. Where are you?

Yep, although I've totally fallen out of love with that style of play now.

GuardiBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREla

Bud pls. Where are you?

I'm not much for saying this, but you're completely right for once.

wedward

Yep, although I've totally fallen out of love with that style of play now.

GuardiBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREla

Same. Definitely not the same team. They don't play at the pace they used to. Biggest issue is Xavi has lost his legs. Also I preferred the front 3 of Villa-GOAT-Pedro/Alexis.

Pep has turned that system into a more defensive one. That system works best with a player like Messi. Bayern don't really have anyone similar to him.

Bud pls. Where are you?

Rijkaard's Barcelona form 2005-2006 was the best, as functional as Pep but also wonderful to watch. As a Madridista I always was jealous of that team, Pep's boring possesion catennacio? not really.

Wilbur

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom