• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I hate how food places don't care how they represent themselves.

They're quick to take money of you then just throw food at you without a second thought of what you ordered, hence why they get it wrong all the time.

Except from Nandos, innit Wilbur
Worse part is most franchises have a set amount allowed each month or quarter for such instances.

Arnie

Kolo looks more likely to lose it for you than win it.

Liverpool's biggest advantage has been only playing 38 games.
Such an advantage is minuscule when you consider we've spent the last three - four years without the draw of Champions League and the revenue it brings.

And then to go straight to first place against teams who're spending £40 million on "world class" talent.

Yep, obviously something gone on behind the scenes with Baldini and payments cause Lamela is absolute shit.

What would have gone on behind the scenes? Lamela actually was performing well at Roma, and it's only natural for a director of sport, who knows a promising young player, to bring him along. Sure they paid way too much for him, but can't imagine Roma were very willing to sell and they also bought other shit for too much.

wedward

Such an advantage is minuscule when you consider we've spent the last three - four years without the draw of Champions League and the revenue it brings.

And then to go straight to first place against teams who're spending £40 million on "world class" talent.

You spent 35 mil on shit. You had the money to compete. You just blew it.

Playing 12 less games is a huge advantage if it means more of your key players are healthy. A bigger advantage than spending 40 million.

Zabojnik

Stephen Colbert will replace David Letterman on The Late Show.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. One of my favourite things on TV ever is ending. I'm sure Colbert will be an amazing host, but it just won't be the same. Fuck. :(

Arnie

You spent 35 mil on shit. You had the money to compete. You just blew it.

Playing 12 less games is a huge advantage.
:lol no

We had to buy 'shit' because players who already had Champions League football wouldn't come to us. Unless they played in, say, the Netherlands.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
no fuck off

It's a constant source of hilarity that these are the players with more Premier League titles than Steven Gerrard:
He's England's Totti, isn't he?

Stephen Colbert will replace David Letterman on The Late Show.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. One of my favourite things on TV ever is ending. I'm sure Colbert will be an amazing host, but it just won't be the same. Fuck. :(

Me too :(((((((((((((((((((( my absolute favourite host along with Conan :(

Kikarian

Not sure if this has been posted...but loool Welbeck

JS34908254.jpg

Cleverley and Welbeck dancing

BigBoss

So...Bartra is injured and will miss the game against Granada, Mascherano and Adrianno as Barca's CBs, what could go wrong?

P.S. Go Bayern.

Barzul

I'm not sure why we've regressed so much recently.

Like, it doesn't make sense even if we go on the basis that we've (sort of) switched to more counter-attacking side. Improved defensively, but got shite in terms of passing/possession. The anti-Bould effect? ;_;

Injuries man, injuries. We get too many key injuries for a club our size.

Wilbur

Banned
I hate how food places don't care how they represent themselves.

They're quick to take money of you then just throw food at you without a second thought of what you ordered, hence why they get it wrong all the time.

Except from Nandos, innit Wilbur

we pride ourselves on service

youre the boss

the king

the shah

Sounds the whole Courtois playing against us has caused a stir. We're not happy Atletico intentionally leaked the details to put pressure on us to let him play, and he also wants to play (unsurprisingly). He's supposed to be signing a new 5 year deal then going back to Atletico on loan and we want Diego Costa...

If we really want him and they really want Courtois (on-loan) then we should definitely work this our way to get the Costa deal done asap and perhaps try and get him with a few million knocked off.

Agreed, Wilbs.

It's fucking mad how long we have to wait.

What games do folks expect to be decent this weekend ?

Fulham v Norwich - Pretty huge game in the relegation race, if Fulham win I reckon they'll swap places with Norwich for that final relegation spot (Norwich, Sunderland, Cardiff)

Sunderland v Everton - Everton have a pretty poor record at the SOL recently, got potential but you've got to back Everton to get a win here. A win for either side is huge.

Liverpool v City - Could be a title decider innit, hope Liverpool cream them and march on.

Wigan v Arsenal - For the lols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom