• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

3,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

its happening isnt it?

Moyes is in a pretty bad position

I've not watched every game, but there've been shoots of improvement over the last 3 or so weeks for Man Utd. Unfortunately for Moyes, with only 5 games left he doesn't have enough time to prove that he can turn those shoots into flowers, and it'd be too much of a risk to let him show that next season after spending the requisite money in the summer.

LegoArmo

I think Moyes will be staying, and he'll have United in the top 4 again next season. The home games United have lost aren't really likely to occur that often again (plus half the teams they dropped points against are getting relegated, so that's a plus...).

The problem will be if United fans are happy with top 4, or they want to compete with City... Because United are going to need a lot of change not to lose by 3 home and away to them again next year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm just going to assume they're recycling the usual Mirror rumour nonsense.

I don't know if it's nonsense, but it depends on United. Right now there is one big job in England that will definitely be available in the summer (Tottenham). Until he signs a contract with us I'm sure he is monitoring United to see what happens with Moyes.

I can't see him getting sacked but you never know, clearly he's not cut out for the job. It's a question of pride.

Blablurn

This Raphael article about Van Gaal's sacking from Bayern basically makes it sound like he was a heroic figure and Bayern was too dysfunctional to deserve him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/raphael_honigstein/04/14/vangaal.bayern/

Both sides did stupid stuff. Van Gall scored an own goals when he tried to prevent the Neuer deal by using Kraft as the new keeper. But the split was not only his fault. Players like Ribery kept on complaining about the coach because he was not friendly enough? Ribery should have stopped being a lil bitch and just go with it. Just like he did some years later. It was complicated back then.

Salazar

Both sides did stupid stuff. Van Gall scored an own goals when he tried to prevent the Neuer deal by using Kraft as the new keeper. But the split was not only his fault. Players like Ribery kept on complaining about the coach because he was not friendly enough? Ribery should have stopped being a lil bitch and just go with it. Just like he did some years later. It was complicated back then.

:lol, reminds me of the Chelsea anti-AVB complaint - "he doesn't use our nicknames and stuff :("

Blablurn

:lol, reminds me of the Chelsea anti-AVB complaint - "he doesn't use our nicknames and stuff :("

basically. ribery always needs his fucking love. this is not a relationship for fucks sake :D you earn 10m a year and you still need someone to pat you? :lol

Anyway, Remember that Van Gaal also brought players like Müller and Badstuber. He can give your team a nice and fresh start.

Norwich's last 4 games is probably the most ridiculous run of fixtures I've ever seen

edit: Meant to refresh, pressed Submit Reply. Tis a harbinger of our impending doom :(

I don't know if it's nonsense, but it depends on United. Right now there is one big job in England that will definitely be available in the summer (Tottenham). Until he signs a contract with us I'm sure he is monitoring United to see what happens with Moyes.

I can't see him getting sacked but you never know, clearly he's not cut out for the job. It's a question of pride.

This was my first thought. Most likely, someone at the Mirror has put two and two together. Gonna need a better source before I believe Van Gaal is meeting with the Glazers.

Salazar

This was my first thought. Most likely, someone at the Mirror has put two and two together. Gonna need a better source before I believe Van Gaal is meeting with the Glazers.

Telegraaf

Need one of our more sane Dutch posters to indicate whether or not that is a reasonable source.

Kosma

Banned
Van Gaal can make a solid foundation, but he wont stay at man u or spurs longer then 2 seasons for sure.

Just long enough to turn the tide.

Telegraaf is a paper with connections to ajax so I think its legit. Otherwise its our Sun.
Van Gaal has been linked to the UK for so long now, he even said its the league he wants to work in cause he hasnt had a title there yet.

Clegg

I think Moyes has just about saved himself for this season. Had we gone out to Olympiakos or been embarrassed by Bayern then I reckon he was out the door. Not sure I have faith in him spending over £100m wisely though.

Why are all the matches kicking off at some weirdly specific time today?

Hillsborough disaster was 25 years ago on Tuesday, kickoffs are 7 minutes late as the match was stopped 7 minutes in.

Is there going to be a 7 minute silence in the City match or anything?

edit: Seems I have that slightly wrong

Clegg

Why are all the matches kicking off at some weirdly specific time today?
It's the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough so all games kickoff at 15:07.

Six minutes delay because the players at Hillsborough realised after the sixth minute that fans were being crushed.

And then one minutes silence.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is this hullabaloo about Arsene leaving if you dont win the cup legit? I honestly cant see him going unless you fail at 4th place.

Is this hullabaloo about Arsene leaving if you dont win the cup legit? I honestly cant see him going unless you fail at 4th place.

If they don't win the cup, and finish 5th, he's gone
If they win the cup and finish 5th, he's probably gone
If they don't win the cup and finish 4th, he's probably gone
If they win the cup and finish 4th, he probably stays

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hillsborough disaster was 25 years ago on Tuesday, kickoffs are 7 minutes late as the match was stopped 7 minutes in.

Is there going to be a 7 minute silence in the City match or anything?

edit: Seems I have that slightly wrong

It's the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough so all games kickoff at 15:07.

Six minutes delay because the players at Hillsborough realised after the sixth minute that fans were being crushed.

And then one minutes silence.

Ahhh, cheers guys.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If they don't win the cup, and finish 5th, he's gone
If they win the cup and finish 5th, he's probably gone
If they don't win the cup and finish 4th, he's probably gone
If they win the cup and finish 4th, he probably stays

I hear this every year though, 4th and no cup I cant see him going unless by his own regard, why replace him? Fans will continue to support and the CL payments keep the club in profit for the future.

Lest we forget Uniteds current situation :(

Arsenal dont want another rebuild

Arnie

In all seriousness, Van Gaal would be a good option for United. The sooner they rid themselves of Moyes, the better. If they give him a substantial kitty to spend then they're truly up Shit Creek.

Think they'll struggle to sign the players they're after this summer, too. It'll be like last year all over again.

Mr Cola

In all seriousness, Van Gaal would be a good option for United. The sooner they rid themselves of Moyes, the better. If they give him a substantial kitty to spend then they're truly up Shit Creek.

Think they'll struggle to sign the players they're after this summer, too. It'll be like last year all over again.

We cant torture ourselves with media talk about changes, it simply is not going to happen :(

Id rather people just accept he has till christmas

GorillaJu

We cant torture ourselves with media talk about changes, it simply is not going to happen :(

Id rather people just accept he has till christmas

Planning on firing a manager half way through the season isn't really a good mentality to go in with. Dare I say, the club actually has some sort of plan for the next year, and it probably involves Moyes.

The way things look, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a few off years while your club finds its feet again.

L1NETT

^^^^

Still the greatest save of all time imo

Unreal. Fudging great goalie.

Remember how good England's goalies used to be? Now look. :(

Arnie

You're wrong. You used up your prophet tokens.

This is a punt, not a prophecy.

I concede that Woody could have six star signings already lined up, raring to be snapped in front of a Chevrolet.

But in all honesty I think there's a huge mismatch in where United hope to succeed in the summer and where they can actually compete. No light on the horizon, no great manager, no Champions League.

You can offer all the money in the world but it's never a substitute for footballing happiness.

tumblr_n3mqyoGDFw1qaorn7o1_400.gif

Into

Moyes needs to stay, otherwise the lolz will disappear with a good manager who is competent to run a major club like Manure.

With someone like Gaal, Prandelli, Klopp etc they are a easy lock for top 4 spot, but with Moyesy they arent a lock for anything.

Neutrals need to enjoy Moyes, he will get at best another season, before even the most adamant supporters wake the f up and see reality.

Clegg

We could probably sign everyone we wanted of we offered them a similar deal to Rooney. Money talks after all. But since that would be a stupid way to conduct business I imagine we won't be doing that.

I want that Willy C tho.

Salazar

I concede that Woody could have six star signings already lined up, raring to be snapped in front of a Chevrolet.

Probably Glazers and Gill-gamesh.

Wooders' great achievement was staying hands-off while Mata essentially transferred himself to us.

Salazar

:lol I knew that was coming.

But he's so far off the pace, even against a truly desultory Newcastle. And you'd call the violence involuntary if that didn't diminish his acute fucking nasty personal responsibility for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom