• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Best Disney film is Aladdin. I know all the words to every single song
dPrJaGc.png

Hounslow huh?
Where exactly, Wilby

no fucking idea. Some house near a petrol station, that's all I remember

Blablurn

Well, Deschamps destroyed it recently but Bielsa is pretty good in getting gold out of stones. He's watching their matches and getting to know the club (players, youth academy, etc) before saying yes.

It's gonna be a huge mistake and I will be the first one who is going to laugh. mark my wirds, enrique!

Wilbur

Banned
I'm sorry, I just can't fathom how this has gotten such rave reviews.

It looks pretty and it's about female empowerment or something idk

Wrong motherfucker.

Not a bad movie at all though, and the game was awesome.

It's brilliant you heathen. My mum used to love the game on the Mega Drive. Another thing to lust over her.

I love Lion King, Jungle Book, Hercules, Dumbo, Fox and the Hound... they're my favourite Disneys off the top of my head.

BUT ESMERELDA

she was the one i wanted to eat out

wedward

If Wenger walks I want Biesla for one season. He would absolutely ruin the squad and we would probably drop down the table, but we would play some fantastic stuff for a couple of games.

Salvadora

If Wenger walks I want Biesla for one season. He would absolutely ruin the squad and we would probably drop down the table, but we would play some fantastic stuff for a couple of games.
I'm not sure why we've regressed so much recently.

Like, it doesn't make sense even if we go on the basis that we've (sort of) switched to more counter-attacking side. Improved defensively, but got shite in terms of passing/possession. The anti-Bould effect? ;_;

Clegg

There's a lot to be said about teams struggling due to lack of belief. United are struggling for a number of reasons; one of those being lack of belief in themselves and the manager. Same with Arsenal imo. Dortmund and Atletico have done so well because they have a squad that believes in their manager implicitly. Look at what they've done with inferior squads on paper to their bigger rivals.

wedward

I'm not sure why we've regressed so much recently.

Like, it doesn't make sense even if we go on the basis that we've (sort of) switched to more counter-attacking side. Improved defensively, but got shite in terms of passing/possession. The anti-Bould effect? ;_;

Replacing Giroud with a striker who can create for himself and doesn't lose the ball every time he receives a pass will go a long way in helping our possession play. Also think replacing Arteta with someone with some legs will help.

We never were able to get our best 11 on the pitch together for an extended run. With Theo and Ozil healthy and in form at the same time I think we could have been deadly on the counter.

I figured losing Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey and Theo would end our challenge, I just didn't think the rest of the squad would crumble the way they did.

This summer I think Bendtner, Podolski and Sagna will leave.

We need a top striker, wide player for the left, defensive mid, right back, #2 keeper, possibly another CB(I could see us using Ignasi as our 4th choice).

Striker, DM, right back are an absolute must. If Wenger doesn't get all three it's negligent on his part.

Salvadora

Replacing Giroud with a striker who can create for himself and doesn't lose the ball every time he receives a pass will go a long way in helping our possession play. Also think replacing Arteta with someone with some legs will help.

We never were able to get our best 11 on the pitch together for an extended run. With Theo and Ozil healthy and in form at the same time I think we could have been deadly on the counter.

I figured losing Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey and Theo would end our challenge, I just didn't think the rest of the squad would crumble the way they did.

This summer I think Bendtner, Podolski and Sagna will leave.

We need a top striker, wide player for the left, defensive mid, right back, #2 keeper, possibly another CB(I could see us using Ignasi as our 4th choice).

Striker, DM, right back are an absolute must. If Wenger doesn't get all three it's negligent on his part.
It worries me that the collapse has happened with very experienced players on the pitch, even despite the injuries. Can hardly blame it on young'uns now.
We needed a CAM last summer. People who say we didn't obviously didn't watch Arsenal. Santi isn't a playmaker.
Spot on.

I've been disappointed to see fairly level headed posters in this thread thinking otherwise. Expected it from the mangos like Jupp though.

wedward

It worries me that the collapse has happened with very experienced players on the pitch, even despite the injuries. Can hardly blame it on young'uns now.

They aren't players who know how to win.

Has anyone in this squad ever won anything of importance?

Sagna hasn't won shit.
Per hasn't won anything
Kos nothing
Gibbs/Monreal nothing
Arteta nothing
Flamini - bit part player at milan
Rosicky nothing
Santi nothing
Giroud Ligue 1 title
Podolski nothing
Ox nothing

and the manager hasn't won anything in 10 years. It's very worrying.

Arnie

Sagna hasn't won shit.
Per hasn't won anything
Kos nothing
Gibbs/Monreal nothing
Arteta nothing
Rosicky nothing
Santi nothing
Giroud Ligue 1 title
Podolski nothing
Ox nothing

Kolo - PL
Sturridge - CL
Johnson - PL
Gerrard - CL
Suarez - carling cup

Sagna hasn't won shit.
Per hasn't won anything
Kos nothing
Gibbs/Monreal nothing
Arteta nothing
Rosicky nothing
Santi nothing
Giroud Ligue 1 title
Podolski nothing
Ox nothing

YIudqyG.jpg

ATF487

"He's basically been out of the picture because of his injury and hopefully he's using this time to learn English. That will stand him in good stead for when he's eventually fit."

Sherwood was asked how Lamela's English was coming on.

"Qué?" he replied.

gonna miss Sherwood.

Salvadora

Don't know why you're excluding the Emirates Cup there m8.

At some level, "knowing how to win" should be a prerequisite to playing at this level. These players certainly know how to win, as they've demonstrated over most of the last year in countless matches, but suffer at certain times of the season. We're suffering from mental injuries. Add it to the injury list.

Slizz

USA USA USA
Lol. The delivery driver went to the wrong place. Called me, didnt speak English. Kept screaming at me till I hung up. Then the Dominos store called, confirmed my address an then hung up on me. I call em back and ask what happens when my food gets delivered cold, she first said it wont then said to call back. Call back say its cold get transferred 3 times before i finally get the manager. He asks will a cheese pizza do? I say no, a refund will or delivering the order again will. Said i wouldnt eat the current order an they could just exchange. Of course they cant do shit with my order so they said keep it.

wedward

Don't know why you're excluding the Emirates Cup there m8.

At some level, "knowing how to win" should be a prerequisite to playing at this level. These players certainly know how to win, as they've demonstrated over most of the last year in countless matches, but suffer at certain times of the season. We're suffering from mental injuries. Add it to the injury list.

Should have specified trophies. They know how to win games. Until the real pressure is on.

Kikarian

Lol. The delivery driver went to the wrong place. Called me, didnt speak English. Kept screaming at me till I hung up. Then the Dominos store called, confirmed my address an then hung up on me. I call em back and ask what happens when my food gets delivered cold, she first said it wont then said to call back. Call back say its cold get transferred 3 times before i finally get the manager. He asks will a cheese pizza do? I say no, a refund will or delivering the order again will. Said i wouldnt eat the current order an they could just exchange. Of course they cant do shit with my order so they said keep it.
lol

Better than Mcdonalds they throw your meal away and then give the new one :(

Slizz

lol

Better than Mcdonalds they throw your meal away and then give the new one :(
I really didnt care about getting the double order. Its the way the manager handled the siutation "will a cheese pizza do?". Not really when a cheese is 7$ and my order was 25.... already had to wait over an hour for the cold food.

Kikarian

I really didnt care about getting the double order. Its the way the manager handled the siutation "will a cheese pizza do?". Not really when a cheese is 7$ and my order was 25.... already had to wait over an hour for the cold food.
I hate how food places don't care how they represent themselves.

They're quick to take money of you then just throw food at you without a second thought of what you ordered, hence why they get it wrong all the time.

Except from Nandos, innit Wilbur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom