• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Damn, wish you could stay up Hixx but looks damn grim. Then again, you have been better away from home so maybe should have been expected. So weird, such a great stadium and intimidating support yet home games have been gash.

Some good players in the team surrounded by some proper wank smegma.

Eriksen, one of the few good buys with that Bale money. Great player, could be world class under a world class manager.

Van Gaal, please. I'll take two seasons from you.

Wilbur

Banned
I want Wigan to win, but I'm afraid my brother will fall into a spiral of footballing depression if they do. He's shitting himself.

My bro seems relatively calm. I want Wigan all day erry day.

@KristianJack 1m
Villa- an utter shambles. Progression should not be based on the amount of inferior teams to us after 38 games. Relegation or not, pathetic.

@Matt_Law_DT 1m
So Fulham and Crystal Palace have done the double over Aston Villa. New owner, chief exec and manager required at Villa Park. Embarrassing

Says it all.

I like Lambert but things aren't looking fantastic for him. Benteke out tho

@KristianJack 1m
Villa- an utter shambles. Progression should not be based on the amount of inferior teams to us after 38 games. Relegation or not, pathetic.

@Matt_Law_DT 1m
So Fulham and Crystal Palace have done the double over Aston Villa. New owner, chief exec and manager required at Villa Park. Embarrassing

Says it all.

You'll stay up, would agree that changes need to be made as soon as the season ends though.

Hixx

Damn, wish you could stay up Hixx but looks damn grim. Then again, you have been better away from home so maybe should have been expected. So weird, such a great stadium and intimidating support yet home games have been gash.

Some good players in the team surrounded by some proper wank smegma.

Eriksen, one of the few good buys with that Bale money. Great player, could be world class under a world class manager.

Everton's second half performance is exactly why we have such a shit record at home.

Teams know if they play narrow and deep, we will simply not score and with such a slow midfield and defence we are incredibly prone to counters. We have no reliable goal scorer from midfield if you stop Johnson getting onto his left, and we have no 'fox in the box'.

I genuinely think we've scored less than 10 goals at home this season which is astonishing. We hit 3 against Chelsea once... but conceded 4.

We need a rebuild whichever league we ended up in. A season down below will allow Gus to spread the roots of his style on the team much more I think.

I do legit think we will spend max 2 years down there. Lowest we've finished in my life watching SAFC is 3rd in that league.

Arnie

Looks like Kompany's injury not as bad as first feared.

Will travel with the squad and be assessed in the morning but given that he's doing that I reckon he's likely to play.

but i'm not a doctor

After 2 years of complete shite we finally have something to celebrate! FWAW!

BlCI6wnIQAA-rS3.jpg

Looks like Kompany's injury not as bad as first feared.

Will travel with the squad and be assessed in the morning but given that he's doing that I reckon he's likely to play.

but i'm not a doctor

Time for Suarez to take his cuntish 'oops, I accidentally booted you in the ankle' tricks back out of his pocket :p

Hixx

@KristianJack 1m

@Matt_Law_DT 1m

Says it all.

Norwich will save you this season Wesley.

Next, though? You're so similar to SAFC at the moment. HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTT.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We shouldn't need to score 4 to beat Albion. This is why we need Van Gaal, he might be the Hitler of football but he'll whip these lazy players into line.

You look at our team and wonder what they do in training all week, they don't look drilled, they don't look organised. There's good players in the team but no cohesion in defense or attack.

doicare

The point is you cannot have a squad stacked with quality without offering Champions League quality; the idea is then to use the Champions League qualification to build that strength in depth.

I'm not disagreeing with your basic assessment of the two squads currently, but you're being incredibly naive if you think both clubs would enter next season without significantly strengthening them.

That's what football clubs do. That's why Champions League qualification is so important. And that's why it's so difficult to break in when you aren't part of it.

If you don't believe me now you will very soon.
Well my point is that the amount of money and the number of quality players both clubs would have to bring in to genuinely compete in the Champions League whilst also competing for the League title (in Liverpool's case) and 4th place (in Everton's case) is beyond both of them. I would be quite willing to bet that next season Liverpool won't finish within 10 points of this seasons total and if Everton do get into the Champions League they won't finish within 8 points of this seasons total. Liverpool however would still stand a good chance of making the top 4 tho.

Wilbur

Banned
That Dortmund team, lol. Hummels the only first choice of the back five.

Does the loser of the FA-cup final still get a ticket for the EL?

If Arsenal are already in European competition, yeah. But if Wigan make it through then only the winner gets EL.

We shouldn't need to score 4 to beat Albion. This is why we need Van Gaal, he might be the Hitler of football but he'll whip these lazy players into line.

You look at our team and wonder what they do in training all week, they don't look drilled, they don't look organised. There's good players in the team but no cohesion in defense or attack.
Magath is the Hitler of football, Van Gaal is an arrogant prick know it all.

Scum

Seriously. I hope Levy's doing every fucking thing he can to ensure we can get Van Gaal. I'll take two seasons out of him to light a spark and start a fire into the team.

Arnie

Well my point is that the amount of money and the number of quality players both clubs would have to bring in to genuinely compete in the Champions League whilst also competing for the League title (in Liverpool's case) and 4th place (in Everton's case) is beyond both of them. I would be quite willing to bet that next season Liverpool won't finish within 10 points of this seasons total and if Everton do get into the Champions League they won't finish within 8 points of this seasons total. Liverpool however would still stand a good chance of making the top 4 tho.

Given that the strength of Liverpool is in the system and the coaching, rather than the personnel, I'd say you're wrong.

With three really good additions this squad can compete in both, although I don't doubt we might struggle to match this seasons tally. We've still got players like Allen, Lucas and Agger on the bench already.

Clegg

Given that the strength of Liverpool is in the system and the coaching, rather than the personnel, I'd say you're wrong.

With three really good additions this squad can compete in both, although I don't doubt we might struggle to match this seasons tally. We've still got players like Allen, Lucas and Agger on the bench already.
Arnie.

Pls don't.

After 2 years of complete shite we finally have something to celebrate! FWAW!

BlCI6wnIQAA-rS3.jpg
I didn't honestly expect us to do it this year. The cancer was right to the heart of the club, and I really could have seen us spending a few years adrift.

Kenny Jackett has done a ridiculously good job. He's single-handedly stopped the rot, and he deserves all the support the club has to muster.

Scum

Go back to your dinner, psyche.

If your mob win the league, then God helps us all. It'll be a painful sight to watch England, if anyone bothers.

I'll be rearranging my work schedule to catch the England games, which will make me wish I was working for free anyway :p

Got 2 weeks off for the knockouts as well, even though we'll be out by the last 16 at the latest. But hey, it's the WORLD CUP BABY

Arnie.

Pls don't.

This is a fairly reasonable argument from doicare tbf. We have to prove next year that we can compete to a degree on at least 2 fronts, and I can't say with 100% certainty that we will.

We could even get into a league position where I'd rather finish fourth in the CL group stage (assuming we get there) than third.

Bumhead

Banned
Pleased for Wolves and absolutely delighted for Danny Batth.

He's making a habit of this whole getting mobbed after promotions thing!

Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Wycombe+Wanderers+Npower+XUs5OqJF5z3l.jpg

Scum

I'll be rearranging my work schedule to catch the England games, which will make me wish I was working for free anyway :p

Got 2 weeks off for the knockouts as well, even though we'll be out by the last 16 at the latest. But hey, it's the WORLD CUP BABY

The Eng v Ita game kicks off an hour before I finish my shift. Will probably make it back home in time to witness Pirlo score a freekick.

BVB: Weidenfeller - Großkreutz, Sokratis, Hummels, Durm - Sahin, Kehl - Hofmann, Reus, Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang

Huh.

Hummels!!!! He's alive!!

This is a fairly reasonable argument from doicare tbf. We have to prove next year that we can compete to a degree on at least 2 fronts, and I can't say with 100% certainty that we will.

We could even get into a league position where I'd rather finish fourth in the CL group stage (assuming we get there) than third.

european matches are squad killers. we just lost our best RB (Silvio) to a broken leg in a fucken match vs AZ of all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom