• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Not bad considering they left 10,000 tickets unsold for their last visit. Obviously drawing the Woodwork Blades out.

I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if Wigan win this. Despite Leicester and Burnley walking the league somewhat, Wigan are easily the best team in The Championship this season for me. They've got momentum and form (last week aside) and are a strong, effective side.

Rosler is a shrewd fucker I'll give you that, but would say Derby under Mclaren are a damn effective side.

I know quite a few blades who are going, has drawn out quite a few :p

I know you won't (considering who it is), but I like seeing Yorkshire well represented :)

Fergie

Banned
nMMS6Tm.gif

Not seen this one before weirdly.
Pretty hilarious and bewildering.

Marc

Only half an hour in and want to kill myself, game is awful, atmosphere is awful, commentary is awful... just awful.

Need to do something more productive than watch this shite.

Hixx

Yeah, the team is very slow which ruins your ability to do counter attacks which is a vital skill when fighting for survival. You can keep the ball well but a lack of penetration and a top goalscorer holds back that kind of football.

All the bad teams that survive have the ability to score goals or barely concede, Sunderland do neither well at the moment. In the championship you definitely need a goalscorer, Wickham will do better in that league but Gus will probably want someone else. Assuming Poyet isn't sacked.

Depending on who you keep and can afford to keep on their wages I think you will come straight back up. Problem is your youth products as you rely on them more in that league, or loans I guess. Gus and Sunderland will have good premier league relations so could get a few good loans from a City, Chelsea and United I reckon. Maybe get Zaha and Moses on loan to help the speed element (move Johnson more central perhaps, if he stays), suited to that level as well.

Anyone you want to lose, or want to keep but will end up losing?

Cattermole, mannone and AJ. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That mcmanaman has a wicked turn of pace, seems like a good prospect

Bumhead

Banned
I know you won't (considering who it is), but I like seeing Yorkshire well represented :)

Hats off to them.

Only thing that stings is that it could have been us if we bothered to turn up for the Charlton game. Our route to Wembley would have been a non-league side, a League Two side, a Championship relegation battler and another League One team (albeit a derby). Still not quite over that we made such a mess of it.

But good luck to them, I guess. I hope they have a lovely day spoiled only by a Matty Fryatt hat trick.

doicare

Given that the strength of Liverpool is in the system and the coaching, rather than the personnel, I'd say you're wrong.

With three really good additions this squad can compete in both, although I don't doubt we might struggle to match this seasons tally. We've still got players like Allen, Lucas and Agger on the bench already.
Without most of their top players fit playing week in week out Liverpool would be lucky to finish 4th imho.

On top of that Steven Gerrard will be 34 this May and not only will he be playing in the World Cup this summer but then he's expected to come back and play not only every game in the league but also the Champions League as well? He won't be able to manage two games a week. So already Liverpool will have to go out and try to buy a world class central midfielder who can tackle, create AND score goals.... that's easier said then done.

Then they need a world class winger as backup/competition for Sterling, a backup playmaker for Coutinho, a world class 1st choice left back and a decent reserve keeper for Reina leaving. They would have to buy all of those players AND hope that they don't have a bad run of injuries and only then would they have a decent run in the Champions League as well as competing for the title. I just don't think it's realistic.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If you're not watching Hannibal, you're doing TV wrong......
I got to episode 5 based on people in here's recommendation then stopped watching, it was good but I didn't like the girl Hannibal took in and her whole storyline, I should probably watch more but I m lacking motivation, not enough Hannibal and Will is kinda iffy

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa: Southampton (h), Swansea (a), Hull (h), City (a), Spurs (h) - 34 points // -14 GD
Swansea: Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Villa (h), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a) - 33 points // -4 GD
WBA: City (a), West Ham (h), Arsenal (a), Sunderland (a), Stoke (h) - 33 points // -11 GD
Norwich: Liverpool (h), Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h) - 32 points // -27 GD
Fulham: Spurs (a), Hull (h), Stoke (a), Palace (h) - 30 points // -49 GD
Cardiff: Stoke (h), Sunderland (a), Newcastle (a), Chelsea (h) - 29 points // -34 GD
Sunderland: City (a), Chelsea (a), Cardiff (h), Man Udt (a), WBA (h), Swansea (h) - 25 points // -25 GD

GQman2121

Banned
So other than Ozil for maybe (maybe) Podolski, is this the strongest side Arsenal can possibly field? I am assuming Wegner has realized that Giroud has congenital Torrests Syndrome and Sonogo gives them the better chance to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom