• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

Where do you guys stand on judging whether a striker is world class?

Normally my criteria is 'one of the top 4 players in the world in that position', but there are so many brilliant strikers, that definition goes out of the window for them

Suarez
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Lewandowski
Cavani
Costa*
Sturridge*
Van Persie*
Pizarro
Aguero

I'd have no qualms with anyone describing any of those 9 as world class by my own definition. The ones with asterisks could be debated for various reasons, but still.

I feel like there are one or two obvious ones I'm missing as well.

One of the things for me is them having to keep that top form for many years, therefore one great season for Sturridge for example is not enough to call him world class.

Normally my criteria is 'one of the top 4 players in the world in that position', but there are so many brilliant strikers, that definition goes out of the window for them

Pizarro

ibgcHd7K81A2p4.gif

Hixx

Imagine if Ji, who missed sitters against Fulham and Palace, caused us to get deducted points which relegated us.

It is pretty fucking silly that you have to get international clearance for returning loanees though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Suarez
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Lewandowski
Cavani
Costa*
Sturridge*
Van Persie*
Pizarro
Aguero

I'd have no qualms with anyone describing any of those 10 as world class by my own definition. The ones with asterisks could be debated for various reasons, but still.

I feel like there are one or two obvious ones I'm missing as well.
Tevez is gud

Why the fuck did I just see Arbeloa in a commercial? It's enough of a crime that he gets paid to play football.
Still better than Carvajal though.

Salvadora

The only name I'd debate on there is Sturridge, probably.

Really big fan of his, but in my mind needs to do it a bit longer to stand beside the other names on that list. He's probably been overshadowed a tad by the sheer brilliance of Suarez though.

faridmon

and their squad is utter shit on top of it all. Fantastic. I guess a lot of the big earners will be gone in the summer though.

I don't think Rooney is going anywhere. If a lot of them leaves, they will just sign others who happen to expect good wages, especially since a lot of them are expecting that they aren't going to play CL for few seasons.

dc89

They had subtitles for all of his speaking on the broadcast here in the US a few weeks back. It kind of annoyed me because I thought his English was very good.

Same over here, his English is very good indeed.

When he went in the gym and was saying "It's not a disco, it's actually a gym" I just heard Isco. :( :<

I don't think Rooney is going anywhere. If a lot of them leaves, they will just sign others who happen to expect good wages, especially since a lot of them are expecting that they aren't going to play CL for few seasons.

Yeah of course the replacement will be just as high, if no higher. But they might actually be decent footballers who aren't over the hill, like Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and such.

TeddyBoy

BkUkBpuCUAA8a0j.jpg

Thoughts?

It's good Warrior are moving away from the camo gear. Home kit looks good, I like having the away kit back in yellow but that red bar across the top is annoying.

Third kit looks ok, but I'm a bit confused why they changed the collar between the 1st/2nd to the 3rd kit.

I'll definitely get a new Liverpool kit for next season, just not sure if I should go for the yellow so Warrior don't change it back to the camo gear again.

avaya

Testosterone

HgH/EPO- Testosterone - Testosterone - HgH/EPO

EPO - EPO

HgH/EPO EPO HgH/EPO

Testosterone/EPO/HgH

its not passion anymore, its big, its working, its gonna change the genre of football. lets all be real. thats organic. lets stop play football, lets go for perfection. im not sure if i ever brace something as much as this. i think we can make the same argument about the basketball team. lets go all out.

Fixed.

faridmon

Yeah of course the replacement will be just as high, if no higher. But they might actually be decent footballers who aren't over the hill, like Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and such.

I still think they won't get into CL as long as they have Moyes, whether they get 1 quality player or 10 of them.

LTWheels

Sigh

Found out my grandmother (dad's mum) is on her deathbed.

Fucking pissed off with my dad and his side of the family. Supposedly her health had been deteriorating for the last couple of weeks and we only found out today from a cryptic text that my sister received from my dad....

Rushing to the home now. We were told over the phone that her breathing keeps cutting out...

First death in my family.

LegoArmo

Rooney has been doing it at the top level for 10 years. Fuck a Daniel 'Couldn't get a game for Chelsea' Sturridge.

*please don't mention Mata... please don't mention Mata*

Meier

Mangala caught in possession there. Close one.

What a header, AZ.

I looked at the ESPN text updates and it looks like it was from our boy Aron Johannsson. America, fuck yeah!

(unless you were being sarcastic and their usage of "hits a good header" is liberal)

faridmon

Sigh

Found out my grandmother (dad's mum) is on her deathbed.

Fucking pissed off with my dad and his side of the family. Supposedly her health had been deteriorating for the last couple of weeks and we only found out today from a cryptic text that my sister received from my dad....

Rushing to the home now. We were told over the phone that her breathing keeps cutting out...

First death in my family.

My Condolences and I hope you stay strong!

Clegg

Is anyone watching the Basel/Valencia game? I've never seen an emptier stadium. The whole stand facing the camera is deserted.

Osvaldo did good there actually, but he shouldn't have gone for the turn. At least he has the confidence for that.

Giovinco coming on. My bet is Pogba, actually.

Edit: Osvaldo.

Giovinco and Vucinic. So, it's 2011 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom