• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Giovinco's been really good since he came on. I'd definitely have him over Osvaldo, Quags and Vuci. Offers something really different.

You wanna know why? Because he's cutting in from the sides. Which is where he'd be playing in the fucking 4-3-3. He's a WF.

Wilbur

Banned
You wanna know why? Because he's cutting in from the sides. Which is where he'd be playing in the fucking 4-3-3. He's a WF.

Surprises me that someone so obviously tactically adept as Conte sticks so rigidly to one formation. It works for the most part obviously (and allows Pirlo to do his ting from deep), but you guys call for 4-3-3 enough there must be something wrong with it.

True. Zab dropping some knowledge bombs. Giovinco thinks he's a striker, though, so it's his own fault.

Edit: are current squad needs a proper LB for 4-3-3. Sorry to say that but it's true, more true than needing wingers.

3Sixty

yL00JEJ.jpg

Sky Sports know what's up

Portugeezer

Ref in this Porto game forgot he could give out yellow cards I think. Porto just had a few good chances.. first bit of good play for either team this half. Sevilla's attack has been invisible thus far.

You said that.

And then he gives straight double yellow cards to Fernando.

lulz.

No Jackson in next leg ok.

No Fernando? Fuuuuuuck

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Surprises me that someone so obviously tactically adept as Conte sticks so rigidly to one formation. It works for the most part obviously (and allows Pirlo to do his ting from deep), but you guys call for 4-3-3 enough there must be something wrong with it.
It mostly comes down to:

-we STILL don't have wingers
-we STILL don't have a LB
-Our inverted strikers are not work-horses with the exception of Tevez. Won't fly with Conte innit
-Tevez-Llion is working and we can't afford to play our best player wide. (We did with Madrid though)

He's very underrated :((

It's unfortunate because he adds a lot of creativity and energy to Juve's front line, he just can't finish for shit. I agree with Zabo, he'd most likely shine playing wide in a 4-3-3, he's a good crosser of the ball and would probably rack up a lot of assists there.

Elchele

It mostly comes down to:

-Tevez-Llion is working and we can't afford to play our best player wide. (We did with Madrid though)

you have like 8 strikers. obviously you can't change to 4-3-3 now, you would have to sell like 5 of them.

Linius

That AZ was never going to make it is a given, but only 0-1 at home against Benfica is pretty good for them. Considering they conceded 5 goals against us the last two games we played against them. I guess Benfica will destroy them in Portugal though :(

Wilbur

Banned
It mostly comes down to:

Chiellini plays 3-5-2 with the national team sometimes right? Or is that wrong? idk lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's unfortunate because he adds a lot of creativity and energy to Juve's front line, he just can't finish for shit. I agree with Zabo, he'd most likely shine playing wide in a 4-3-3, he's a good crosser of the ball and would probably rack up a lot of assists there.
Indeed :((
Chiellini plays 3-5-2 with the national team sometimes right? Or is that wrong? idk lol
You mean in a back four? Sometimes, but he offers fuck all upfront :lol

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/yL00JEJ.jpg[img]

Sky Sports know what's up[/QUOTE]

Silva in the Prem this season: 21 games, 6 goals, 8 assists, 1331 completed passes (88.1% accuracy), 73 key passes/chances created. Iniesta is old news.

For shits and giggles,
Toure (29 games): 17 goals, 5 assists, 1918 completed passes (90.3%), 32 chances created
Nasri (26 games): 4 goals, 5 assists, 1210 completed passes (90.9%), 54 chances created
Fernandinho (25 games): 4 goals, 3 assists, 1215 completed passes (87.9%), 31 chances created

Zabojnik

Well, we're calling for a switch to 4-3-3, but it's more of a wish for next season (as it was last summer). Conte is sticking to 3-5-2 for a good reason. Right now we don't actually have all the players needed to put up a proper 4-3-3. And no, it's not Pepe's eternal injury that's preventing us from switching, as Conte likes to point out (I'm pretty sure he's trolling at this point). We do need a couple of classy wingers / WFs and a top left terzino. At least.

True. Zab dropping some knowledge bombs. Giovinco thinks he's a striker, though, so it's his own fault.

I can guarantee you that his goal tally would be much, much higher, not to mention his assist count, if he played wide. It's another one of those 3-5-2 problems. There just isn't a position for him in our current tactical setup.

Italy doesn't play with a 3 man defence much, Prandelli seems to prefer having 4 at the back. Chiellini has been deployed as a lb on a couple of occasions (was his natural position at one point or another before he was converted to the centre).

Old news?

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City legend* Nicolas Anelka has been doing some talking:

tomwfootball: Nicolas Anelka: If someone who does a quenelle is anti-Semitic, then "all priests are paedophiles, all Muslims terrorists" (via @metronews).

*May not be considered a legend at these football teams
Cast aside by AVB, come back Nicolas, we need you

Against defences that have the ability of lobotomised children

Not really. Most teams in Russia are decently organized. It's not historically a high scoring league. It's not like it's the Eredivisie. Or Ligue 1 where a scrub who could only get 40 minutes of playing time for Spartak has 8 goals and 5 assists in 11 games.

Scum

dat Toto.

Been playing on 360 all along, holy crap. The game is downright terrible to play on PS3. Awful.
I thought people were being bitches about it, nope. Terrible all around.

Fucking hell.

I genuinely think we're in for the worst generation yet for football games, as they further strive for realism and forget the fun

Can't wait for more hyperbole ftom EA about their new engine and how awesome the grass looks in FIFA '15.

Sigh

Found out my grandmother (dad's mum) is on her deathbed.

Fucking pissed off with my dad and his side of the family. Supposedly her health had been deteriorating for the last couple of weeks and we only found out today from a cryptic text that my sister received from my dad....

Rushing to the home now. We were told over the phone that her breathing keeps cutting out...

First death in my family.

My condolences, LT. :-(

Is it Wednesday yet? I wanna see Manchester in crumbles.

The Titan shall rise.
Marouane "What's the point of" Felliani will score the winner.

Wilbur

Banned
Not really. Most teams in Russia are decently organized. It's not historically a high scoring league. It's not like it's the Eredivisie. Or Ligue 1 where a scrub who could only get 40 minutes of playing time for Spartak has 8 goals and 5 assists in 11 games.

I know an autistic boy who has a lego box that's decently organised, svia pls

TeddyBoy

Sigh

Fucking pissed off with my dad and his side of the family. Supposedly her health had been deteriorating for the last couple of weeks and we only found out today from a cryptic text that my sister received from my dad....

Rushing to the home now. We were told over the phone that her breathing keeps cutting out...

Sorry to hear about this LT, hopefully Liverpool beating West Ham this weekend can cheer you up a little bit :)

Sigh

That sucks man. My condolences.

I genuinely think we're in for the worst generation yet for football games, as they further strive for realism and forget the fun

This will be the case for any genres. Nearly all of the big devs and publishers are screwing their own games over, by letting focus groups and investors design their games, cause the budgets are too bloated to dare to do anything that won't appeal to everyone. Thank fuck the indie scene is getting better than ever, especially with kickstarter and such.

Clegg

I thought Fellaini was starting to come good a few weeks ago. Got that horribly wrong. Even at its very worst our midfield could at least pass to the right players.

I want us to sign two cms to limit the chance of him playing next season.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought Fellaini was starting to come good a few weeks ago. Got that horribly wrong. Even at its very worst our midfield could at least pass to the right players.

I want us to sign two cms to limit the chance of him playing next season.

On FIFA earlier I sold:

Rooney
Evra
Vidic
Young

and bought:

Mangala
Shaw
Alaba
Gundogan
Rakitic

dreams can come true

3Sixty

Silva in the Prem this season: 21 games, 6 goals, 8 assists, 1331 completed passes (88.1% accuracy), 73 key passes/chances created. Iniesta is old news.

For shits and giggles,
Toure (29 games): 17 goals, 5 assists, 1918 completed passes (90.3%), 32 chances created
Nasri (26 games): 4 goals, 5 assists, 1210 completed passes (90.9%), 54 chances created
Fernandinho (25 games): 4 goals, 3 assists, 1215 completed passes (87.9%), 31 chances created

No, cause Hazard and Ozil also both got better stats in the league.

Roman Shirokov: 7 goals, 7 assists in 13 games! Bow down plebs.

I think you guys forget Lallana has the genetic disadvantage of being English.

I know an autistic boy who has a lego box that's decently organised, svia pls

Vidic, Ivanovic, Skrtel and Thiago Silva have done pretty decently since leaving Russia.

And I remember peak Pep Barca being easily neutralized by dat Russian League organization of Rubin 4 times. Treble winning Inter too.

Sigh

:(

Wilbur

Banned
Vidic, Ivanovic, Skrtel and Thiago Silva have done pretty decently since leaving Russia.

And I remember peak Pep Barca being easily neutralized by dat Russian League organization of Rubin 4 times. Treble winning Inter too.

im just joking you fucking dildo please stop

i dont care enough about anything russian to have this conversation

apart from natasha romanoff

Scum

This will be the case for any genres. Nearly all of the big devs and publishers are screwing their own games over, by letting focus groups and investors design their games, cause the budgets are too bloated to dare to do anything that won't appeal to everyone. Thank fuck the indie scene is getting better than ever, especially with kickstarter and such.

Come on Wooden! Surely two focused tested Assassin's Creed games is what you want?!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Let's add an on-rails section, people love those!"

"The illusion of choice and open world? Of course!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom