• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

So will everyone else tho

image.php

Meier

Txiki will deliver. He came across really well in the documentary the other night.

They had subtitles for all of his speaking on the broadcast here in the US a few weeks back. It kind of annoyed me because I thought his English was very good.

There's a guy called Lacazette playing for Lyon? What's next? Laceedee? Elbluray?

He's really talented -- expect him to move to a big foreign club (or maybe a PSG or Monaco) this summer or next IMO.

Zabojnik

We are officially dead. There isn't a single player on form in our squad. It's like watching Del Neri's Juve.

It honestly wouldn't surprise if we lost the scudetto to Roma, if this continues.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We are officially dead. There isn't a single player on form in our squad. It's like watching Del Neri's Juve.

It honestly wouldn't surprise if we lost the scudetto to Roma, if this continues.
No motivation. It's like watching Kloppo's BVB.

Get Lichtsteiner on he'll fire us up

Wilbur

Banned
Has United overtaking Chelsea in the wage table (for the first time in 10 years) been posted?

1. City: £233m.
2. United: £182m.
3. Chelsea: £176m.

Was an 11.6% increase for United yoy. This is for the 2012/13 season, mind.
http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/united-wages-higher-than-chelsea-S11363890293878?

dat rvp. Should gain a few for this season as well with Rooney, Mata and Fellaini.

Evra/Vidic/Rio will save us 300k though #skeen

This Juve game is utter bore.

Blablurn

Since Shaqiri started his professional careeer he won the national championship in every year. First with Basel, later with Bayern.

Hitch, pls. You're not worried about finishing in the top, right? You do know that 1st is Top 4, right?

Nah. Could bite me in the arse, but we have to fuck it up from here to finish below 3rd. Anything's possible, but even if we were to balls up the title challenge, Arsenal/Everton would need to capitalise on our slip-ups to make the top 3 uncomfortable.

If we beat West Ham, that should be top 4 pretty much done, with one of Arsenal and Everton losing points on Sunday. All told, we're in a great position.

Top of the league
Home games to come against 2 main competitors
Exceptional run of form
Team seems fit and sharp
Not a terrible fixture list remaining
Reasonably high points gap between ourselves and 4th/5th

I fully expect we'll slip up somewhere to put ourselves on the back foot in the title challenge, but I'd be surprised if we fucked up enough to drop out of the top 3, and even more unpleasantly surprised if we fucked up so badly we finished 5th.

It'd be a league bottle-job to rival Man Utd at the tail-end of 11/12

Still, West Ham next, can't get too ahead of ourselves :p

Blablurn

Neuer

Lahm - Martinez - Mancini - Alaba

Kroos - Schweini

Robben Götze Ribery

Lewandowski

its not passion anymore, its big, its working, its gonna change the genre of football. lets all be real. thats organic. lets stop play football, lets go for perfection. im not sure if i ever brace something as much as this. i think we can make the same argument about the basketball team. lets go all out.

Meier

Damn, Defour just smacked the shit out of that ball. Hit the post though. That would have been a really nice goal.

Neuer

Lahm - Martinez - Mancini - Alaba

Kroos - Schweini

Robben Götze Ribery

Lewandowski

its not passion anymore, its big, its working, its gonna change the genre of football. lets all be real. thats organic. lets stop play football, lets go for perfection. im not sure if i ever brace something as much as this. i think we can make the same argument about the basketball team. lets go all out.

u wot m8

Scum

Hmmm..with Meier watching him that means he's City bound. Oi, Meier. When you buy Mangala, send him to Spurs for a straight up swap for Dawson. It'll help your English player quota.

Nah. Could bite me in the arse, but we have to fuck it up from here to finish below 3rd. Anything's possible, but even if we were to balls up the title challenge, Arsenal/Everton would need to capitalise on our slip-ups to make the top 3 uncomfortable.

If we beat West Ham, that should be top 4 pretty much done, with one of Arsenal and Everton losing points on Sunday. All told, we're in a great position.

Top of the league
Home games to come against 2 main competitors
Exceptional run of form
Team seems fit and sharp
Not a terrible fixture list remaining
Reasonably high points gap between ourselves and 4th/5th

I fully expect we'll slip up somewhere to put ourselves on the back foot in the title challenge, but I'd be surprised if we fucked up enough to drop out of the top 3, and even more unpleasantly surprised if we fucked up so badly we finished 5th.

It'd be a league bottle-job to rival Man Utd at the tail-end of 11/12

Still, West Ham next, can't get too ahead of ourselves :p

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Everton
5. Arsenal
6. Man Utd
7. Lolspurs

Meier

Might have actually gone in if Beto didn't get his fingers on it.

My WatchESPN streams are always crap so I couldn't tell if he did or not. I know Defour wanted them to give the corner.

Hmmm..with Meier watching him that means he's City bound. Oi, Meier. When you buy Mangala, send him to Spurs for a straight up swap for Dawson. It'll help your English player quota.

I like Porto since they're my Football Manager team so I try and watch them when I can. :p That we've been after Mangala for ages is a nice benefit on the side.

Where do you guys stand on judging whether a striker is world class?

Normally my criteria is 'one of the top 4 players in the world in that position', but there are so many brilliant strikers, that definition goes out of the window for them

Suarez
Ibrahimovic
Falcao
Lewandowski
Cavani
Costa*
Sturridge*
Van Persie*
Pizarro
Aguero

I'd have no qualms with anyone describing any of those 10 as world class by my own definition. The ones with asterisks could be debated for various reasons, but still.

I feel like there are one or two obvious ones I'm missing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom