• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Yeah almost everybody did well. I really hope we keep Shinji. I really like him and you can see snippets of his ability in his recent games. I just think he needs a good run of games, but most importantly, once we sort out our midfield issues he will become much more effective, I hope he is here next season.
Yeah, thankfully he's finally getting a good run of games. He and Mata have played some good stuff together in the past few matches. He's needed someone on the same wavelength and finally has that with Mata. Hope Moyes now throws Adnan in there and we have a great front 4 (with Rooney/RVP).

Really need to sort the midfield 2 out in the summer. Fellani looks lost in the big games. Carrick has had an off season and needs replacing soon. Fletcher has played well when given the chance but he has his problems. Cleverley is garbage.

#WillyKroosFuture

Salazar

Wazza should sue the boot manufacturers for this drivel about boots "inspired by barefoot kicking".

No metatarsals are safe.

scently

Yeah, thankfully he's finally getting a good run of games. He and Mata have played some good stuff together in the past few matches. He's needed someone on the same wavelength and finally has that with Mata. Hope Moyes now throws Adnan in there and we have a great front 4 (with Rooney/RVP).

Really need to sort the midfield 2 out in the summer. Fellani looks lost in the big games. Carrick has had an off season and needs replacing soon. Fletcher has played well when given the chance but he has his problems. Cleverley is garbage.

#WillyKroosFuture

Yeah. I prefer Rakitic over Kroos; I feel he is more dynamic, not to talk of the fact that he will probably be easier/cheaper to get. William Carvalho will be a good buy. He seems to have Carricks passing range but his reaction time and decision making is infinitely faster. He reminds me of young Carrick, back when he was at Spur.

Scum

#WillyKroosFuture

-------- Rooney/RVP ---------
Adnan ---- Kagawa ---- Mata
---- Cavalho ---- Rakitic ----

Get the three behind the ST to switch positions all the time.

Zabojnik

Stardust Crusaders hype. Nice debut.

I was converted to Part 4 by Zabo, fuck SC.
Stone Ocean is a close 2nd, if not my favourite

i3FJv9y5RFC09.gif

I never said part three was the best, the first episode just premiered!

Diamond is unbreakable and Stone Ocean are my favorite.

Steel Ball Run is also special but for entirely different reasons.

Well, as long as we agree that Diamond is the best part, I guess.
Someone sell me a cheap tablet. I need it just so I can finish Jojo.

jesalr

Just got home from a night out. Stumble through the living room in to the kitchen. Pillage for food, find snacks, walk back through the living room. Mumble 'ah fuck yeah,' when I hear someone start laughing. Die a little when I find out there's a gorgeous girl visiting my flatmate and sleeping on the couch.

Scum

Just got home from a night out. Stumble through the living room in to the kitchen. Pillage for food, find snacks, walk back through the living room. Mumble 'ah fuck yeah,' when I hear someone start laughing. Die a little when I find out there's a gorgeous girl visiting my flatmate and sleeping on the couch.

Is she taken?
Is she nekid?
Who's she waiting for?
Can you get your flatmate to leave?

/Hitch

K1LLER7

Yeah. I prefer Rakitic over Kroos; I feel he is more dynamic, not to talk of the fact that he will probably be easier/cheaper to get. William Carvalho will be a good buy. He seems to have Carricks passing range but his reaction time and decision making is infinitely faster. He reminds me of young Carrick, back when he was at Spur.

-------- Rooney/RVP ---------
Adnan ---- Kagawa ---- Mata
---- Cavalho ---- Rakitic ----

Get the three behind the ST to switch positions all the time.
Scum, KidA would go nuts if he saw you put Adnan on the left wing lol.

Does Rakitic play CM? Thought he played further forward. Would like Carvalho but not sure if he's worth paying 37m. Then again United aren't in a strong position with no CL.

Scum

Scum, KidA would go nuts if he saw you put Adnan on the left wing lol.

Does Rakitic play CM? Thought he played further forward. Would like Carvalho but not sure if he's worth paying 37m. Then again United aren't in a strong position with no CL.

Meh. He'll probably be fine in the MC position. Unless you want Cleverley...
plus Adnan won't necessarily be hanging out as a AML all the time. Just get the three of them to roam. They're clever enough, unless Moyes decides to play his 4-4-1-1. D:

Zabojnik

Please rank your favorite for me Zabo!

It's been a long time since I've read Jojo. I've abruptly stopped reading it somewhere in the middle of Stone Ocean. Stardust Crusaders was my introduction to the series. I've read Part 1 and Part 2 subsequently and while I appreciate both, I don't really consider them Jojo. It's all about the stands and that started with Part 3 and continued with Part 4, which in my mind is immaculate and untouchable. It's where Araki's genius was at his best in terms of art style, storytelling, characters and stands that, while certainly bizarre, fit perfectly into the world he created.

Part 5 is where it all started falling apart, imo. I remember being incredibly disappointed with the shift in the drawing style, which turned from being fabulously comic & incredibly detailed into ... a mess. At the time, there were a lot of rumors going around about how Araki wasn't nearly as involved with Jojo as he had been in the past and delegated most of the drawing (and even the story/script, though that might've been pushing it) to his assistants. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't, fact is I wasn't the only one who was disappointed. The art was just one of the complaints though. I didn't particularly care for any of the characters, starting with Mr. Bland himself, Giorno Giovanna. None of them clicked with me, not really, the story was kinda ehhhh, while the stands ... I don't know, man. It just felt like Araki jumped the shark with the better part of them. They were just too 'out there'. They felt strangely disconnected from their owners & bizarre and convoluted just for the sake of it, something that carried over to Part 6 as well. So I quit.

I guess for me it's Part 4 > Part 3 > (Part 1 & 2) >Part 5 > Part 6. Maybe I'll feel differently upon re-reading / finishing the series. And I do think that which part you started with matters in terms of ranking. I might've felt differently if Part 5 was what got me into Jojo, who knows. Having said that, there is no doubt in my mind that Diamond Is Unbreakable is where the manga peaked.

subtles

I think age matters more than where you start (I was really young when I read it). I've been hoping to read it again but my backlog of books is quite long.

Thanks for the lengthy reply.

subtles

I've lost count of the number of people Fellaini has elbowed. The coward elbowed three of our players in the same match.

He must be stopped.

Marc

The thing is, he is even shit at throwing elbows, he barely ever hurts anyone.

At least Ben Thatcher was good at them, that's how shit Fellaini is.

TeddyBoy

About what?

QPR have gone from automatic premier league qualification to play offs in the last few months. Usho mentioned a Redknapp teams form will collapse in March since 'Arry doesn't rotate his squad.

@Angrygamer: feel free to post about Championship football! We have L1NETT and Bumhead with lower league football as well :)

L1NETT

As a life long QPR fan due to my place of birth I will just stay quiet.

Welcome!

We could always do with more clubs' voices represented.

None of us dislike QPR inherently, just we'd all rather see Sir Steve's Ram Army with Big Andre Wisdom and Patrick "Chelsea's best striker" Bamford in the prem instead :p

@Angrygamer: feel free to post about Championship football! We have L1NETT and Bumhead with lower league football as well :)

And Arkon

And Fortune

And Hixx (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom