• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Andy Dunn ‏@AndyDunn_SM 9m
Recall RM saying Barkley reminded him of Ballack AND Gascoigne. He equated Lukaku's contribution to a team to that of Messi's. #efc

:lol

The end of Martinez can't come soon enough.

Arnie

I bet Adidas PR is so fun.

It's just over a year ago today that I was there for last year's kit campaign.

Arrange an interview, drop a credit for the new kit at the bottom of the interview, stand back and watch Torres shoot himself in the foot.

Too right.

Fucking bore of a man. That finger hook celebration he has winds me up no end. Go manage Mallorca you average testicle*.

*if Everton beat Arsenal and go on to snatch fourth I'll be relatively pleased for a number of reasons, neither of which contradict my dislike for RM

Jack cw

So glad Leverkusen lost to Hamburg. Wolfsburg and Gladbach could overtake them today and Neverkusen falling on 6th position. I hope they don't represent Bundesliga next season in Europe.

subtles

RM's idea of fitness is having his players sustain his style of football over 90 minutes thus trains them to accomplish that.

None of that up a mountain, through a river, across a bridge and under a desert crap Moyes has his teams do.

Blablurn

javimfsfn.png

TeddyBoy

Sorry Hyypia, your teams form just collapsed and you got beaten by Moyes' Boys twice. I'm certain you'll find another job somewhere else soon enough.

L1NETT

Remember my Peaky Blinders recommendation?

Writer of that, Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott combining to make BBC One drama "Taboo" about the East India Trading Company

BBC stepping up their game.

And they are bringing back Ripper Street.

Now give me dates on Broadchurch Season 2 and Utopia Season 2 and I am SET

3Sixty

Strangely confident we'll do City today.

Every time we've played them since we've been back in the Prem played them off the park for large durations.

Yaya Toure lives in Jack Cork's pocket.

GQman2121

Banned
I haven't slept all night. I think I have food poisoning from questionable chinese. Been shitting on and off for hours. My asshole is in shreds. :(

Arnie

I can't wait for the renaissance of Sami Hyypia.

God, this is one of my favourite Barney Ronay pieces:

"So Chelsea are short of decent strikers? Run that one by me again, Jose"

Mourinho's making a mug out of himself on this one. Boring man towing a tedious line that's ultimately his own fault. Spent fucking gazillions of pounds on midfield anchors and spunky attacking midfielders - sent his best striker out on loan - and still complains about not having a striker he can put his arm around.

Grade A gimp.

Strangely confident we'll do City today.

Every time we've played them since we've been back in the Prem played them off the park for large durations.

Yaya Toure lives in Jack Cork's pocket.
oh if you do

if you do

3Sixty

The team we played at City last season.

01 K Davis
02 Clyne
05 Hooiveld
06 Fonte
13 Fox
04 Schneiderlin
16 Ward-Prowse (S Davis - 65' )
20 Lallana
21 Guly
42 Puncheon (Sharp - 86' )
09 Rodriguez (Lambert - 55' )

Substitutes

12 Gazzaniga
22 Richardson
23 Shaw
25 Seaborne
08 S Davis
07 Lambert
11 Sharp

Davis, Fox, Hooiveld, Guly...

Dat Bench too.

I cried too. Because he cried.

Fabrizio come back, we love you.

a20mjfr.gif

I love skills like that. Overheads, bicycle kicks and stepovers do nothing for me now since they occur so often across the world, but I could watch a compilation of fullbacks getting mugged off by a peice of instinctive ingenuity all day

qWXmBsp.gif

(Apologies for the quality, it's GifCammed from a poor quality YT video :p)

subtles

I remember picking up a football for the first time after I saw a game where Laudrup passed two players with a beautiful piece of skill. He made it seem so simple.

Linius

I love skills like that. Overheads, bicycle kicks and stepovers do nothing for me now since they occur so often across the world, but I could watch a compilation of fullbacks getting mugged off by a peice of instinctive ingenuity all day

qWXmBsp.gif

(Apologies for the quality, it's GifCammed from a poor quality YT video :p)

My eyes are hurting

Clegg

So Barkley is Ballack and Gascoigne, Lukaku is their Messi and Baines can be their Lahm in midfield.

What a spanner.

subtles

I can't wait to see Baines in midfield.

Speaking of which, Mourinho should get Lampard to play at the base of midfield against us.

bud23

I feel bad for him. Poor Torres, taking every wrong decision on his long and sad way to nowhere. Can´t believe he is already 30. I still remember watching him play with the Spain national U21. Now it sounds like another life. Fuck, Rimbaud has grown old.

He has won everything, that´s true, but looking back at his career i´m feeling flooded by thoughts like, not bad but it could have been so much more. There's so much wasted potential. I don´t really know what happened to him, but it´s like at some point he stopped believing in himself.. and here we are now. Kate, we have to go back.

I understand Mou´s criticism, he´s walking with a ghost. Torres should return to Atletico to die with dignity.

We have failed you El Nino.

Ñ, motherfucker, do you speak it?
:)

Blablurn

Sky Sport News HD @SkySportNewsHD

.@FCBayern-Ersatzkeeper Tom #Starke laut "Kicker" mit Bänderriss im rechten Ellenbogengelenk. OP am Samstag - Saison-Aus #ssnhd #skybuli

Tom Starke out for the rest of the season

Timbuktu

It did break my heart when Sturridge said Torres told him Liverpool was the best club he has played for. It is such a bittersweet thing to hear. He was his best when he won nothing.

subtles

I will never understand how a player can go from being able to place the ball wherever he pleases to struggling to hit the target. Definitely more to it than injuries.

Forgive me bud iteration #23 but my phone doesn't have that character.

Any word on how Bethesda are getting on with developing for the new current-gen?

I'm desperate for Fallout 4 to be technically good, and hopefully the new gen forces them to improve their engine for PC as well. Even though Skyrim looks fine on PC (I think), it still has that Bethesda-jank all over it.

Blablurn

Any word on how Bethesda are getting on with developing for the new current-gen?

I'm desperate for Fallout 4 to be technically good, and hopefully the new gen forces them to improve their engine for PC as well. Even though Skyrim looks fine on PC (I think), it still has that Bethesda-jank all over it.

Prepare for modified Skyrim Engine

Skyrim does not look fine

Skyrim does not look fine

That's what I feared, every time someone posts a nice shot of it it comes with the caveat of 'Skyrim with every fucking mod under the sun'

@Blablurn, that's what I'm assuming since their games sell so well despite their engine issues :(

Even if it only looks competent on Xbox One level hardware, if they don't fix the animation it will create one hell of a disparity in the visuals.

3Sixty

Off to the pub for the game so doubt I'll be posting much.

Just imagine everytime Lallana does something I post saying how amazing he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom