• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Barca lol

Tbh I was amazed he even came on at HT. It honestly felt like progress.

I'm just so sad about Shinji. He is a fucking brilliant player I don't care what anyone says. Way he's been misused is heart wrenching.

Adnan Mata Kagawa interchanging. It's really not that hard. Just do it you slug.

Yeah, I want him to succeed so much. Loved him at Dortmund, was so so excited when we got him, and there's only been a few times where I've blamed him for poor performances.

With RVP out and nothing to play for in the league it's the perfect time to do that, but we'll keep seeing Valencia and Young. Maybe because neither Adnan or Mata played last night we'll see it, but he probably won't play Shinji and I'll be filled with false hope :lol

pulga

Banned
XXPoU.gif

please dont let them win the appeal, think of the lols pls

Well they have to win the appeal, otherwise who's going to replace Valdes and Puyol?

They're fucked if it's even upheld for just the summer and they keep Valdes, he won't be back til November I think. Don't think they have any young keepers coming through. And as you say they're legit fucked at centreback

Pique is occasionally competent.
Mascherano is not a centreback
Bartra is brass
Song is not a centreback

They'll get away with it, a few million Euros goes into a few Swiss bank accounts, next thing you know they're given a 'probation and thorough inspection period' and its swept under the carpet.

Feorax

You would also assume Barca have already got some deals ready to go for the summer (Ter Stegen?), so what happens there will be interesting too.

Hixx

Guys what is your most painful sexual memory

/bla

But for real: what is the worst pain you can remember?

I'm suffering from gout atm and I want to chop off my foot.

Wilbur

Banned

/bla

When they were pushing my finger skin back into place that time I wanted to die, that fucking killed

Other than that

My heart

'(

Jack cw

You would also assume Barca have already got some deals ready to go for the summer (Ter Stegen?), so what happens there will be interesting too.

Depends on the appeal. I dont know if it affects already done deals but it would hit them hard with no proper Puyol, Valdez and Xavi replacement.

/bla

After I had an operation on my ear, they wound the bandage around my head far too tight, and it felt like it was slowly crushing the entire top half of my skull. I thought it was just a headache so didn't tell the staff, and told my Mum the next morning who then told the nurses, and they loosened it. Felt like winning the lottery :p

Feorax

Depends on the appeal. I dont know if it affects already done deals but it would hit them hard with no proper Puyol, Valdez and Xavi replacement.

Well any incoming players would have to be officially registered when the window opens. Seems a bit pointless for there to be a transfer ban if Barca can still register new players in the window.

WJD

/bla

Laughing/coughing/farting/shitting after hernia surgery.

Felt I was going to rip open.

When they were pushing my finger skin back into place that time I wanted to die, that fucking killed

Other than that

My heart

'(

Haha I had similar happen, they didn't exactly pull it back but man, when I managed to get my finger inside the wheel of my bicycle as I crashed... Holy fuck that hurt and my finger was fucked up for a long time. The nail was just disgusting, the smell from it, before I pulled it off (even when i washed it) was magnificent.

Other than that I've usually managed to knock myself out as I got hurt.

/bla

I had an operation on my bladder when I was younger that involved pipes going up my penis. I had a colostomy bag for a week so I didn't properly urinate for a week.

However when it was all removed I can only assume the pipe had caused a scratch or finely sliced cut down my urethra? So the first proper piss I took in a week felt like someone had heated barbed wire up on a fire and dragged it down my dick.

dec4green2.jpg

pulga

Banned

/bla

that one time i got an ice cream blasted in my face

Ramos.gif

Jin_7

Klopp wasn't anything special before Dortmund either, yet his status doesn't drop because of it.

Don't know if it is special or anything but he saved Mainz from relegation in the 2nd division and was the first to bring them up to the 1st division not long after that. Also qualified for the Uefa-Cup through the fairplay ranking with Mainz. Sure, it went a bit downhill after that and back to the 2nd division but he had a big part in what Mainz are now.

Empty

i imagine barca will just have to pay a few hundred grand compensation to each club on appeal. though neymar probably has it written in his contract that he gets a million bonus everytime that happens.

/bla

Appendicitis.

The infections following appendicitis.

The first shit after the operation was my biggest struggle in life thus far. Felt like I was shitting dry weetabix

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mail:

Romelu Lukaku will be allowed to join Tottenham this summer - but only if Chelsea land £31.5million target Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid.

Jose Mourinho will look to revamp his forward line ahead of next season, with Atletico hotshot Costa top of his list.

The Portuguese is happy for Lukaku, who is currently on loan at Everton, to leave this summer - but he wants the capture of at least two new strikers over the line before sanctioning a permanent move for the Belgian.

bueno

Yen

Broken back, guys. Broken back. (also I nearly drowned in my own blood the year before after surgery, they didn't put drains into my chest)

pulga

Banned
With regard to the case in question, FC Barcelona has been found to be in breach of art. 19 of the Regulations in the case of ten minor players and to have committed several other concurrent infringements in the context of other players, including under Annexe 2 of the Regulations.

The Disciplinary Committee regarded the infringements as serious and decided to sanction the club with a transfer ban at both national and international level for two complete and consecutive transfer periods, together with a fine of CHF 450,000. Additionally, the club was granted a period of 90 days in which to regularise the situation of all minor players concerned.

Which 10 minor players?

Cappa

Banned
Valdes would stay in that case. No way he would leave us with Pinto :lol

Yeah Valdes has every intention to stay just to "help" Barcelona, the same team he specifically stated he had no interest in re-signing with.

They already signed Ter-Stegen pre-ban so they have a goalkeeper.

King_Moc

Banned

/bla

Gallstones. Had the pain non stop for about 2 weeks. Was in hospital the whole time, but they couldn't figure it out as my gall bladder was empty. Turns out the stones had been pushed out and we're trapped on their way down a tube towards my fucking pancreas. Morphine did nothing, the night staff at the hospital would only give me para-fucking-cetomol and the only sleep I got was when I was lucky enough to pass out. I think I was genuinely going slightly mad at the end of it. I can't even begin to explain how much those fucking things hurt.

Still, I lost a stone and my pain threshold is through the roof nowadays, so it wasn't all bad.

Calma calma, I'm sure they will be allowed to sign Bendtner, with him being contract free and all it's only fair. Not like his dream of playing at Barca should be ruined because Barca fucked up.

bjaelke

Rob Harris @RobHarris
Court of Arbitration for Sport could halt Barca's 2-window transfer ban during any appeal. Would allow them to strengthen in summer at least

Well that's one way to bypass the ruling. Spend €20m on bribes and the other €100m on transfers.

Razor554

We just do what Chelsea did and appeal to court of arbitration for sport (CAS). They will most likely lift the ban.

Yeah Valdes has every intention to stay just to "help" Barcelona, the same team he specifically stated he had no interest in re-signing with.

They already signed Ter-Stegen pre-ban so they have a goalkeeper.

It's a pre-contract with one party promising that a future transfer will take place for a pre-agreed sum of money. Pre-contracts do not represent the actual transfer itself.

The transfer is not finalised and therefore it can be terminated by the governing bodies.

Wilbur

Banned
Me: "Do you think Manchester United were a little bit negative then by their tactics of crowding their defence?"
PG: "Nein [no], nein, nein."
Me: "That's what it sounds like a little bit... Do you think it's a little bit negative, they're at home, they're the 20-times champions of England?"
PG: (in a low growl): "I didn't say that."
Me: "No, I'm asking you your opinion.
PG: "I didn't say that. I didn't."
Me: "Ok."
PG: "I didn't say that. He's [Moyes] my colleague. I respect my colleague and colleague can play like - look at me when I talk to you."
At this point, I seem to have looked away from Guardiola, which angered him.
Me (surprised): "Are you talking to me?
PG: "Yeah look at me when I talk to you."
Me: "Yeah ok, I am looking at you."
PG: "Yeah!"
Me: (keen to establish courtesy is a two-way street): "Are you looking at me?"
PG: "Yeah."
Me (laughing): "Its like Taxi Driver this."
PG: "No but I'm talking to you, you don't look at me, so I am trying explain."
Me: "Calm down, calm down."
PG: "I am trying to explain. I'm trying to explain."
At which point the press conference moved on.

It's like taxi driver loooooool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom