• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

juventus-adidas-maglia.jpg

obamanotbad.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Bit unfair on Chelsea that we get to play

Tuesday
3:00 Saturday
Wednesday

And they have to play

Wednesday
5:30 Saturday
Tuesday

Should have swapped their time with city's.

Very pleased with Salah today, he looked sharp and it was important for us to play well without Hazard and Oscar as they're going to PSG in the summer

Lololol as if

But depth is important and Schurrle was alright I thought.

Torres looked up for it but still didnt really contribute... I hope Eto'o is available on Tuesday but I doubt he will be.

Also, dat Cole beard I wonder if hes been on a desert island since he got dropped and Jose called him back this morning.

@brokenbeans and other bellends:Does Ricky Wilson actually have a voice that makes him suitable for The Voice? Never heard any range whatsoever in a Kaiser Chiefs song

Suen

Illara not celebrating much

#Respect.

Can't be that fun for Sociedad seeing two of their more valuable former players playing against them.

GQman2121

Banned
Yup. :( that has me pretty worried about Tuesday. We still have a chance but without a striker we are so fucked.

I feel like we can score two at home. But can we keep a clean sheet for 90 minutes with Canvani likely starting up front? I don't know. I just hope we go all out and make a game of it. If we lose, we lose, but at least have all hands on deck and try.

Suen

Bad first half from us. CR7 gone is a huge blow but we're very fortunate to have Bale who's making some excellent runs and pressuring Sociedad's defense. Our midfield is very static though, our play is so much more dynamic with Di Maria in midfield this season. Jese would have also been good here; fast player who can change the flow of a game. Here's hoping we do better this half.

You're worse than Bayern
Pls, he didn't even score once for Sociedad and now scores against them :loooooool

Blablurn

anyone listening to giantbomb lately? once they come to the emails they have random people writing in who either talk trash about manchester or liverpool. its like a back and forth all the time. its hilarious haha

city, win the title. pls.

We'll win you back when you see SSSC in action tomorrow. They're irresistable. Even City and Chelsea fans want us to win the title deep down.

Its a pretty unfamiliar feeling going into weekends at this stage of the season actually fighting for something. It's great, but bloody stressful. Under Rafa we were normally fairly sure of finishing 4th or 3rd, and in the last 5 years we've been fighting for a Europa League spot, which just isn't the same.

It was always likely that we'd be playing catch-up again tomorrow, but Christ, today's results have piled the pressure on. Every single match is fucking terrifying. I keep flitting between imagining where we'd stand if we won our next 3, and worrying about losing tomorrow.

anyone listening to giantbomb lately? once they come to the emails they have random people writing in who either talk trash about manchester or liverpool. its like a back and forth all the time. its hilarious haha

That stuff is worth it for Jeff's pronunciations of "Manc" and "Liverpuglian"

deroli

Yeees baby :) One of our most important wins this season. Our first half was SHIT, pure shit. I thought it would turn out to be another loss at home, Wolfsburg even missed two huge chances. But after the break? It was just like in the good old days when the boys gave everything to get the ball back, to force the opponent into errors, to take them by surprise with fast counter attacks.
Now we're 10 points ahead of Neverkusen and Münchengladbeck so we can really focus on both the DFB Pokal semi final and of course Real Madrid next week. If we had lost today, the situation in the Bundesliga would have been very tense, as we face München next saturday. But in the end it was a brilliant match day :)

I loved Dave Lang's shoutout to our 0-3 win :D

Is Hawkeye gonna be used at the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom