• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Got lucky with that one Lampard. Shame he isn't played closer to goal though, would be able to influence the game more.

250th club goal apparently, did he go back above Rooney with that one? Needs 5 more goals to reach Henry's total, nuts. But with his pace disappearing by a yard a day, as well as his stamina, playing at DM he is unlikely to get many from open play going forward.

Fergie

Banned
Got lucky with that one Lampard. Shame he isn't played closer to goal though, would be able to influence the game more.

250th club goal apparently, did he go back above Rooney with that one? Needs 5 more goals to reach Henry's total, nuts. But with his pace disappearing by a yard a day, as well as his stamina, playing at DM he is unlikely to get many from open play going forward.
Level with Rooney.

4 off Henry.

EZkC0FT.jpg

Hala Madrid.

Please.

Fuck Madrid . But good luck mun.

Suen

Thank god for Neymar. Turned the match around in minutes. Massive 3 points.

I think the unintentional thing only works if the player is quite close to the ball when it is passed/crossed/kicked.

I think he had time to react and move his hand away or just not put it out like that.
Those incidents are hard to judge as well. I'm not sure what the official rule states but we've seen how refs act different in those situations regardless of team.

K1LLER7

Moyes delighted by victory:

David Moyes hailed his players after Manchester United ran out comfortable 4-0 winners over Newcastle on Saturday afternoon.

The victory was United's 10th away from home this season – the Reds now boast the league's best record on the road – with the brilliant Juan Mata twice finding the net at St James' Park.

Moyes was delighted by the performance, which will serve as a welcome boost ahead of Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final clash with Bayern Munich, but insists there is room for improvement.

He told MUTV: "I thought we played very well today. Some of the individual performances were fantastic, and I thought that as a team we played really well. We needed a good performance, but we didn't start the game as well as I would have liked. In the opening 20 minutes I thought our passing was sloppy and not as accurate as we'd like, but once we got into a rhythm I thought we played really well.

"I'm thrilled by our away performances," he added. "We just need to try to show that more at Old Trafford. The hardest thing in football is probably winning away from home. Expectations at Old Trafford are really high but some of the football we played today was fabulous.

"Newcastle are having a few poor results themselves and the crowd are finding it difficult, but you could hear our supporters and thankfully we were able to give them another good away performance."

The United boss, who made eight changes from the side that drew 1-1 against Bayern in midweek, was particularly complimentary of the Reds' attacking prowess.

"I think Juan has been doing really well for us," he said. "He's made the team better, he can assist and score goals. In his first four or five games we didn't see him scoring any, but now you're beginning to feel that he's got goals in him. His backheel for the the fourth goal was a piece of magic, it was great. I thought when Shinji, Juan and Adnan were on the field, there were some technically gifted footballers out there.

"His composure for the second goal was great, having been played in by Hernandez, as well as the free-kick. Every day, him and Wayne Rooney practice their free-kicks and try to get them right, it's a simple thing but practice makes perfect. It was a perfect free-kick today.

"It was good [to see Hernandez and Januzaj score]. Javier went through and hit the post just before half-time, before we scored an important goal to make it 2-0. It was a great piece of movement and a great bit of play to get in again, with Javier's movement in the box, and everyone knows that's what he can do."

The only downside to come out of the match was Ashley Young's injury. The winger was forced off in the first half with a hand problem and later went to hospital.

"He has torn ligaments in his hand and it looks like a bad injury," Moyes said. "I don't know how long it will keep him out for at the minute, but from what the medical team have told me, it doesn't look good."
He saw what would happen when MAK played together. YES MOYES.

Young out! :D

Wilbur

Banned
we both know that isn't how it works. How many times do Young/Valencia start over Janugod, Mata, Shinjury etc.

Well they never start over Mata. And Shinji and Adnan do play. They may not start every game, but they play enough.

But Meier keeps saying that Hughes is crazy not giving Guidetti a chance, but I'm sure if Guidetti was showing enough in training he'd be getting opportunities.

Marc

Level with Rooney.

4 off Henry.

Ah ok, 4 is very doable if he gets another season but not sure he will at Chelsea at least and would probably move to the MLS or somewhere rather than another premier league club.

Next highest midfielder looks like Gerrard at 19th.

Willian scores, good game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching any team that has Charlie Adam in lose is a pleasure

Fergie

Banned
Ah ok, 4 is very doable if he gets another season but not sure he will at Chelsea at least and would probably move to the MLS or somewhere rather than another premier league club.

It's possible, he might stay though.

That's a great finish by Willian.

FootballFan

Well they never start over Mata. And Shinji and Adnan do play. They may not start every game, but they play enough.

But Meier keeps saying that Hughes is crazy not giving Guidetti a chance, but I'm sure if Guidetti was showing enough in training he'd be getting opportunities.

No, I know, I'm just saying that sometimes a player won't play because their style doesn't suit the managers system etc.

As you say though, a lot of the time it is the players fault for being average in training or just not trying hard enough.

Not too bothered by Gerrard's goals now, they're all penalties won by other players these days anyway :p

dc89

I need a Chelsea player to get a card. Had a little go on Aston Villa over 1.5 team cards and Chelsea over 0.5 team cards.

Just kick someone JT. Pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom