• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Liverpool went from pep 09 barca to pep 12 barca in just this one match. Pls brentan

They play more like the old Ajax team to me, switching play, pace out wide, deadly finishes.

Definitely not like Pep, otherwise I would have raked my own eyes out by now.

Tegris

Reasonably good first half. We've let them have a lot of the ball but thankfully they don't look particularly interested in doing anything with it. Should be able to see out the game from here without much difficulty, but I wouldn't mind another goal shortly after half-time. Sterling and Allen have been excellent.

This is boring now. Liverpool playing sensibly and controlled, not knocking them. But boring innit.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Vard

I think Rodgers will tweak the formation a bit at the half. Too many spells of possession for Norwich. A 3rd goal to come in the second half.

Not exactly a textbook example of how to consolidate a 2-goal lead. Been beter since Sterling's been getting on the ball again, there was a good 25 minutes where we just couldn't get a move going. Need to stop giving silly free kicks away, shame the ref didn't play advantage for Snodgrass' booking, Sterling had gone Super Saiyan on the touchline and looked like we were 2-on-1. Would like to see refs the league over let play develop for a few seconds in those situations

Allen's done very well, Lucas was beast for those first 20 minutes or so

Yeah, the big teams haven't been our problem this season. Do the double over City, but lose to Palace, Villa and Sunderland. Very annoying.

Chelsea is a team full of players that lack balls. Teams like the ones mentioned knows exactly what they had to do against Chelsea, stand back and close down everything, going in hard but fair in every challenge. Then counter attack as Chelsea stands with all their players way too high up. Matic is a step in the right direction, a player not afraid to get in and take every single fight he has to, but then we got players like Oscar who pussies out of every challenge and has been in a huge drop of form, Salah who has a few moments of brilliance just to be utter shit, no forward with any target man qualities (well one in Ba, but he's rather shit), making it impossible to cross the ball in and just hope for something... Even if Chelsea did Azpilicueta is playing on the wrong side though making that rather hard and Ivans crosses are just... Bad.

Not to of course forget just down right thick players like Ramires, who ruins every single counter attack, is constantly lucky not to be sent off and can't pass or shoot, all he fucking does is run around like a headless chicken, which is a good thing at times tbh (like 2012 CL), but most of the time when Chelsea has to dominate a match it just ruins the flow of the game and makes everyone up from stand still, as he takes 10 seconds to pass to someone.

Tegris

It'll get interesting if we get another goal or 2. I expect Aspas and Alberto will come on at that point.

Luis Alberto's Premier League medal campaign lives on.

It's a shame he hasn't featured more - Rodgers must be unimpressed with his workrate (I can't think why else he hasn't played much).

PowderedToast

norwich will get tired, especially if they don't see a goal soon

they havent really tested mingolet despite the sustained pressure, one more goal will kill them off

PaulLFC

Great start from us but Norwich came into the game more afterwards. I think it was vital for us we got to half time without conceding, could do with an early goal in the second half to demoralise them a bit and I think 3-0 should see us through.

Feorax

Luis Alberto's Premier League medal campaign lives on.

It's a shame he hasn't featured more - Rodgers must be unimpressed with his workrate (I can't think why else he hasn't played much).

He's fairly slow, which is something that doesn't really fit with what we're doing right now.

He has his uses though. He's great at holding up the ball, a fantastic player at seeing out a game.

Marc

When will the day come where I don't have to hear David Beckham's nasal voice talking bollocks, trying to get more fame and money.

That will be some magical day.

And yeah that Mars advert is as bad as the head and shoulders Joe Hart one.

LTWheels

BlqcbdzCAAEtAMk.jpg

Clegg

Even Welbeck now, the lad who's United through and through?

Moyes is certainly doing his utmost to dismantle a multiple championship winning side.

I think it's getting to the stage that if he stays then we'll be set back years.

Tegris

He's fairly slow, which is something that doesn't really fit with what we're doing right now.

He has his uses though. He's great at holding up the ball, a fantastic player at seeing out a game.

Fair point. He may well be useful today to regain control of the midfield then, especially if we score again shortly as you alluded to.

SuperHans

WJD

Moving on to England now,
it's all I have leave me alone
it's a damn shame that Rooney is always going to be an automatic starter. I said it when we were good and I'll maintain it now Liverpool are good - take those core English players out of a Championship winning team and play them in the same bloody positions.

My preferable team for Brazil:

-------------- Sturridge --------------
Welbeck ---- Sterling ---- Ox-Chambo
------- Henderson - Gerrard --------
Baines --- Cahill -- Jones --- Johnson
----------------- Hart -----------------

Obviously it's not going to be that, but there we go.

Fuck can't believe I even bothered writing that up. I'm a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom